Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
28 Pets Since Dec.28
Gifted

gingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond repute

Wink Unanswered: Gardening Question... Let's get testing!!!

Ok I actully have two questions! (I had one, but then I just thought of another one!) Ok well here they are....

1. Is it true that carrots are more profortable NOW, than strawberries? I've heard on and off that they are.....

Now for number two... I think we should test this one, as I'm sure no one knows the EXACT answer.....

2.(!!!!) I've heard that you don't have to water your plants, in order for them to grow. (You just have to rake.) Well I do know this is true, but that's not my question. My REAL question is if that effects how many strawberries, carrots, cabbages, ect, you get when you harvest them. I always water my plants, and either get, 3,4 or 5.(Mostly 4 +5.) But if you don't water them, wouldn't you think that you would only get like 1,2 or maybe 3??? If someone, (preferbly a dedicadted gardner,) test this out for me? EX. Get a garden that contains 30 strawberry patches. Put ten on one side, ten on another side, amd ten on the last side. (You should have 3 different patches/colums.) One the first colum water and rake them for the whole 9 days it takes to grow. Then for the secound colum, only rake them for the whole 9 or w/e days. Then the last one either do nothing (and oviously let them die,) or only rake and water them ONCE.

This is a good idea... lets try it out!
gingerspice55 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Honored to be a

blueyes1113 knows the way
blueyes1113 knows the wayblueyes1113 knows the wayblueyes1113 knows the way

Default Re: Gardening Question... Let's get testing!!!

well my carrot garden on my asian does bring in a lot of KC, i never walet my garden and i always get the hi end of the harvest, so i don't think it afects the amount of each harvest if you water or not
blueyes1113 is offline Female
Old 02-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

idog1995 has a spectacular aura about

[quote=gingerspice55;13052735]Ok I actully have two questions! (I had one, but then I just thought of another one!) Ok well here they are....

1. Is it true that carrots are more profortable NOW, than strawberries? I've heard on and off that they are.....

Now for number two... I think we should test this one, as I'm sure no one knows the EXACT answer.....

2.(!!!!) I've heard that you don't have to water your plants, in order for them to grow. (You just have to rake.) Well I do know this is true, but that's not my question. My REAL question is if that effects how many strawberries, carrots, cabbages, ect, you get when you harvest them. I always water my plants, and either get, 3,4 or 5.(Mostly 4 +5.) But if you don't water them, wouldn't you think that you would only get like 1,2 or maybe 3??? If someone, (preferbly a dedicadted gardner,) test this out for me? EX. Get a garden that contains 30 strawberry patches. Put ten on one side, ten on another side, amd ten on the last side. (You should have 3 different patches/colums.) One the first colum water and rake them for the whole 9 days it takes to grow. Then for the secound colum, only rake them for the whole 9 or w/e days. Then the last one either do nothing (and oviously let them die,) or only rake and water them ONCE.

This is a good idea... lets try it out![/quote
Well, I do know from experience that you do not have to water them. I don't know if you get more or less by not watering. I always thought that the seed packs come in different varieties. Some have 1, 2,3, 4, 5 strwberries. Now I am curious to find out if this is the case. You do have a point. I will follow up on your post and see what other members have to say. Thanks for your post.....interesting .
Have a wonderful day gardening
Lucky:chi:
idog1995 is offline Female
Old 02-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
28 Pets Since Dec.28
Gifted

gingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond repute

Idog1995, Thank you so much for being so kind!! I have been wondering this for quite some time. And your theory about there being a different amount of seeds in all the packets, sounds very true, and makes a lot of sence!!! Thanks for the help!!! Rep Point!!!

---------- gingerspice55 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later ----------

Scratch that, I can't rep you, the hand thingy isn't there..... maybe I will make another thread about that, I am much confused.....

Last edited by gingerspice55; 02-17-2009 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

If you go by straight math strawberries and carrots are the same:

Strawberries:
Average yield of 3 per harvest
9 days to harvest
6 KC per yield
6 times 3 is 18 KC per harvest per plant
18 divided by 9 is 2 KC per plant per day

Carrots:
Average yield of 2 per harvest
7 days to harvest
7 KC per yield
7 times 2 is 14 KC per harvest per plant
14 divided by 7 is 2 KC per plant per day

People have done studies about not watering, and it does not affect the final yield. Not watering does mean that you get more weeds, but it still saves time in the long run.

---------- msclockart added 3 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

You might also want to check out this thread:

Gardening for Profit's 2009 Revenue Stats--The fight has begun! What planted seed will win the final championship for highest profitability? UPDATE: Mon, 02.16.2009

Very good information in there. Thank you Redbear!

Last edited by msclockart; 02-17-2009 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
msclockart is offline Male
Old 02-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Flargaboofsuchdaf

xSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonderxSophiexx16 wows us all with wonder

I didn't water mine for awhile and then I got bunches of 2-3. I think watering helps.
xSophiexx16 is offline Female
Old 02-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
28 Pets Since Dec.28
Gifted

Thank you guys very much.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #8

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

I did test it when I first found out you didn't have to water. I had two gardens half strawberries and half carrots. 50 of each in both. I did water one and not the other. I also kept track of the yields. I had never heard of the packets having the same yield every time. I will be checking that now. I kept track for 3 months of the yeilds and the $ sold and they were both very close at the end of my test. The winner between Strawberries and Carrots changes a few times during the 3 month test so I have kept both like they are but definatly have quit watering! It will be interesting to see if the packet do produce the same amount every time. If so I will be selling the ones that are not 5 very quickly...It would be great to maxamise all the plots. Thanks and rep to idog for posing this interesting theory. I actually enjoy the gardening almost as much as selling the produce so look foreward to testing this.
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 02-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #9
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

I get more strawberries than anything-i get anything from 1 to 5--watering doesn't effect the outcome either...it's just by some random chance..once i got 5 strawberries from EVERY strawberry patch!!! I got an awesome harvest that day which meant a good income for the day :-)
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Closed