Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 
Default Re: GARDENING QUESTION???????

View Post Originally Posted by auntjenny7
I garden for profit, with 14 outdoor gardens. It takes a lot of time and KC, so I hope you are ready for the commitment!

WI members think that carrots and strawberries are most profitable. In my opinion, it's best to plant some of each fruit or veg. There are recipes for every fruit/veg except cabbage. You can just hold back a few items after you harvest, and cook up some great foods for your pets.

My best advice would be to try to plant things on different days, so that you can harvest and sell stuff every day.

And you don't need to water your plants, just rake them. It cuts down on your gardening time, but it doesn't seem to affect the plants.

This is great advice. I do this also. I have all the different fruits and vegetables planted within my garden, some gardens are a mix and some of just one fruit or vegetable. I like the variety.

Red Bear thread’s about gardening SnoopysGirl gave you is also wonderful and very detailed.

View Post Originally Posted by mtlucas
Well, i have made a big profit of of my garden but i would start of with about 10-20 plants, once u get more money, i would buy more. alothouh i would not cover it all with plants, i would make a path. I have 2 gardens right now and have made about 5,000 of og gardening! I get a lot of profit of of srawberries, carrots , watermelons, nad pumpkins. You might want to try those! It is a lot of work though so be ready!
I would also recommend this and as you make more KC you can add more and more plants.

I have 10 gardens between 2 accounts right now. I garden both for profit and fun. I like to make unique designs out of them so it doesn’t get boring to garden. I usually can make about 3000-4000 a week on the gardens but it does take time everyday and commitment if you want to build up to this many gardens

Another good tip: You don’t have to water your plants. However, you do need to rake them everyday or the growth length gets delayed or they die quickly. I haven’t watered in a long time and haven’t had any issue. The only thing is I do get some more weeds without watering but it saves a ton of time not watering.

Another great thread for great designs of gardens is Gardens Galore by Latomoxie. There are also great pictures of lots of WI members gardens to look at and give you some ideas.

Gardening Galore Thread: Gardens Galore Design Ideas

Happy Gardening!

Last edited by PaperButterfly; 04-13-2009 at 07:39 PM..
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
marnabear
Webkinz :)

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I would not fill up the garden with plants. Every once in a while I get a plant that is stuck and I can't do anything with it until I have the pet walk out of the room and back and start gardening again. This seems to happen only in the gardens which have a lot of plants. And a garden is like any other room, if you get it too full it can take a long time to load.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #13
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

hi! carrots and strawberries are definitely the most profitable. currently, carrots are in the lead. that said, strawberries will probably reclaim their title. HOWEVER -- there's twice as much selling with strawberries and that's a big PAIN. even when its strawberries' turn to be in the lead, you dont get very much extra KC with the strawberries so i dont feel its worth it. you might want to do a mixture.

as snoopy & paperbutterfly mentioned, my thread is beary detailed and you could probably learn a lot if you reviewed the first post.

i haven't seen the gardening design thread but i imagine its pretty good, since it has been recommended a couple of times. (my gardens were all set up when i learned about it and i didnt need design advice.)

yes, no need to water -- its a huge time waster (at least until WW changes it and we hope that they never do)! you must rake daily bc your plants cannot grow without raking. if for some reason you cannot log into WW one day, no worries bc you have four days before plants die. bad news is that the plants with weeds will be behind schedule but you can always not harvest those that are ready for up to 4 days, which will allow time for the ones behind to catch up (should you prefer same seeds to harvest on the same day).

you do NOT want to make your garden too full. accounts get stuck during adoption. there's been enough people on WI complaining about this happening, that i would not risk it. a good garden for profit contains 70-80 seeds. any less is a waste of a room, any more is a risk of broken account (you could go numerous adoptions without a problem but it's just too risky).

Last edited by RedBear; 04-14-2009 at 01:40 AM..
RedBear is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 12:52 AM   #14
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

I would garden tomatos and strawberries, when they harvest they grow quite a few!! Also I would leave a path its easier!! You can make alot of $$. Start small since u only have 600. maybe 6 crops for $ 50 a pack that will leave u some $$ Also if u dont like it u havent lost much!! You can always take them out and sell the packets back!! Good Luck!! Hopefully you have a room already to use!! Add me robotboytoy, powerboytoy, or sodaboytoy, I will send u something!! Have fun!!!!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #15
Webkinz :)
nanas3k is on a distinguished road

All good ideas have been written about. I have gotten a lot of good advice from "the pros" in here, for which I am very greatful. I'm working on building 9 gardens at the moment. I started with 3. Personally I try to stay away from the watermelons, pumpkins and cabbages, simplu because they only harvest 1 or 2 things at a time. My personal opinion is that you make up the initial cost of each plant in less time by sticking with the rest of the plants. That being said, I'm also planning on having a garden devoted to each of the 3 that I just said I'm trying to stay away from. Why? Just because I love the way they look when it's time to harvest!

The other thing I'm doing is buying new plants with the money earned from that days harvest. You can turn right around and plant them the same day.

As far as space, I'm leaving a walking path from each door to the middle of the garden. I bought my gardens all at the same time so I could place them where I wanted them. Now I just start in the first and walk my way around until I'm done.
nanas3k is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #16
Woohoo!! I'm a
Gift Guru

KinzCashHunter has a reputation beyond reputeKinzCashHunter has a reputation beyond reputeKinzCashHunter has a reputation beyond reputeKinzCashHunter has a reputation beyond reputeKinzCashHunter has a reputation beyond reputeKinzCashHunter has a reputation beyond repute

I garden for profit. I have 11 FULL gardens on my one account and just one and a half on my other account.

It is a very tedious job and can get rather annoying, BUT it does pay off WELL!! I make over 10,000KC A WEEK!!! With my 10 gardens full. It is a lot of raking but you don't have to water so that's a plus!!

I have a garden of everything except tomatoes. Tomatoes take like 12 days to ripen and they only sell for 6kc and they're a bit hard to see to rake.

I have 2 pumpkin yards FULL, each yard holds 100 plants, so it only gives 10kc per pumpkin/watermelon so you're only making 1,000KC on those yards.

I really like carrots, corn and strawberries. I have 2 strawberry fields and 2 carrot fields and 1 1/2 corn crops, they seem to pay off better.

I average a good 1500kc+ for EACH strawberry field and each carrot field and the corn is sometimes a bit more.

And I've calculated how much it costs to fill up a whole yard of strawberry seeds

1,000KC for the YARD

5500KC for all of the seeds, so a good 6500KC has to be spent, but within one month you've basically gotten your money back and all after that it's PROFIT!!!

Good Luck!!
KinzCashHunter is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 01:18 AM   #17
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

1. doesn't hurt to fill up every space in an outdoor yard.
more plants=more money
but if you want to make it pretty you could add a couple trees and walkways, or make a pattern!
2. strawberries have the highest yeild/return rate
3. I'm not sure, but it doesn't take that long before you break even from the initial amount you spent on your garden in the first place.

me, it took awhile building up my garden. first it started out with 9 plants, then after a few months I added more, then a little more, until slowly my yard started filling up.

It'll seem overwhelming to buy an entire yard full of seeds right off, so my suggestion is to buy a few plants now, and as your kc starts building buy some more plants
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 01:26 AM   #18
texasanne
Gift Guru

TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I have a strawberry garden that I started to figure the average yield, which is 3 plants (up to 5) per crop per plant. This is based on my own research but you can probably figure out which plants you would like to raise. If in doubt, plant a row or two of each crop!

Now, this is just based on averages and this is not exact, so this will give you an idea but will not be precise.....

16 strawberry plants (2 rows of 8 ) yields 144 on average and KC $864 per month
64 strawberry plants (8 rows of 8 ) yields 576 on average and KC $3456 per month

I have 3 huge gardens and almost every free space is taken for each garden. You will have a big profit if you have a big garden. It costs money to start but it is more than worth it.

They add up quickly, so be sure to sell them often.
TexasAnne is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 01:38 AM   #19
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by CrystalFlute
1. doesn't hurt to fill up every space in an outdoor yard.
more plants=more money
but if you want to make it pretty you could add a couple trees and walkways, or make a pattern!
2. strawberries have the highest yeild/return rate
3. I'm not sure, but it doesn't take that long before you break even from the initial amount you spent on your garden in the first place.

me, it took awhile building up my garden. first it started out with 9 plants, then after a few months I added more, then a little more, until slowly my yard started filling up.

It'll seem overwhelming to buy an entire yard full of seeds right off, so my suggestion is to buy a few plants now, and as your kc starts building buy some more plants
well, #1 is not correct. it does hurt. don't do it. your account can become stuck. if you have a full garden and you didnt get a stuck pet at adoption, consider yourself lucky--for the time being.

strawberries do not have the highest yield, carrots do. (though strawberries will probably reclaim the title as they do alternate. the difference btwn the two crops is negligible.)
RedBear is offline Female
Closed