Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Jesus is aware
Webkinz :)

RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!

Default Answered: Gardening Problem

This is really irritating and beginning to take up too much time. The computer is failing to recognize 'squares' in my garden when I go to take care of it. The patches are random though some seem to pop up regularly. I have to take care of the rest of the garden go out of the 'room' and come back before I can hit those patches. At first it was just one ..then two...now it up to 9 or 10 in a mostly filled yard. It can happen on beginning gardening or after harvesting......it won't let me water and it doesn't recognize the area for inspection. I wanted to put in more gardens to earn some cash but.... Has anyone else had this problem?
RMMimii is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Ranger1985
This used to happen to me all the time, and I agree with you - it's very annoying. So much so that I called Ganz.

Their advice to me was:
1. Reduce the amount of plants in each garden because (in their opinion) my gardens were overcrowded.
2. Switch browsers.

I've done what they recommended (I now use Google Chrome and max out the number of plants in each of my gardens at 80) and I haven't had any problems since. Gardening is the main source of KC for me, so I definitely need things to work properly.

As others have said, you don't need to water. You end up with more weeds to rake, but that still takes less time to look after than watering every single plant. Also, if you miss a day but like to harvest all plants at the same time (which is how I like to do it), you can wait up to four days for all to mature before the plants start dying on you.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Gardening Problem

I had not had this problem, as I do not garden. Well, I used to... If you have huge gardens, then it will be tough because WW can be slow. It might also be your computer (it could be slow.).
Old 12-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #3

Kid Keegan is a jewel in the roughKid Keegan is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry you're having that problem. I had that problem some time ago and found that if I removed the plant and then replanted it the problem went away. I think the best solution would be contacting Ganz. Maybe there is a glitch they can fix for you.

You mentioned watering. Did you know that you don't have to water? You may get a few more weeds, but that's a lot less time than watering every plant.

Good luck with your gardens!

Kid Keegan is offline Female
Old 12-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
Jesus is aware

RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!

Thanks for the input. If I leave my garden alone for a few days things die and some have to be dug up...doesn't that mean that I need to water 'also'? Do you mean that I only have to rake...every day...every other day? Does this apply to all the vegetables or just certain food items?
RMMimii is offline Female
Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #5

kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl
kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by RMMimii
Thanks for the input. If I leave my garden alone for a few days things die and some have to be dug up...doesn't that mean that I need to water 'also'? Do you mean that I only have to rake...every day...every other day? Does this apply to all the vegetables or just certain food items?
I have 14 gardens, to generate kinz cash. I do not ever water any of them. Just rake and harvest. You can even skip a day. I usually skip Saturday, as I am to busy and the never die. You do not have to water.
kirtoglou is offline Female
Old 12-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #6

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I've had the "stuck" garden pieces before, as well. I used to get one or two on nearly every garden every day, but lately there have been very few. As you already discovered, leaving the room and re-entering does solve the problem, though it is a nuisance. It's one of those glitches, and I'm not sure that there is much you can do.

And I'll repeat the advice that you don't have to water - I never do. As long as you rake and harvest there is no need to water. And this applies to any growing plant, regardless of which kind.

If you miss a day of raking, the plants with weeds on them will not grow, so if you like to keep your garden "in synch" like I do, rake every day. If you do miss a day, you can wait a day or two when part of the harvest is ready until the others catch up. I believe you can go 3 days without gardening before plants will start dying.

Last edited by Ritzcracker; 12-30-2010 at 01:51 AM..
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 12-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #7
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

This used to happen to me all the time, and I agree with you - it's very annoying. So much so that I called Ganz.

Their advice to me was:
1. Reduce the amount of plants in each garden because (in their opinion) my gardens were overcrowded.
2. Switch browsers.

I've done what they recommended (I now use Google Chrome and max out the number of plants in each of my gardens at 80) and I haven't had any problems since. Gardening is the main source of KC for me, so I definitely need things to work properly.

As others have said, you don't need to water. You end up with more weeds to rake, but that still takes less time to look after than watering every single plant. Also, if you miss a day but like to harvest all plants at the same time (which is how I like to do it), you can wait up to four days for all to mature before the plants start dying on you.
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
Yipes bunnies

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

I had the problem of not being able to click on a square or two every day. it seems to be gone since i dont go over to my plants and click to start gardening. i click on plants that i am using for decoration as dead plants and get the "do you want to start gardening" Also, i garden everyday and it is annoying to come back next day to be told i have to rake. i know the plants were all watered. since the two annoyances have started I have reduced the amount of plants i keep.
Lucy Hippo is offline Female
Old 12-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #9

RubyRed9947 has disabled reputation

How many plants do you have in the garden? It could be due to overstuffing the room with plants... Or it could be just because you may have a slow computer. I suggest swiching to a faster computer (if you can) or swiching browsers.

Also, you don't need to water. It actually doesn't affect the plant. Just rake every plant that needs to be raked (if you don't rake the plant stops growing and if you don't rake for 4 days, the plant dies.)
RubyRed9947 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
ow !!! I can fly

happy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to all

I can't remove some of my plants and I am having the same problem!!! I wish ganz would fix this
I didn't have this problem before but now I am I cant remove 6 of my plants

I do use firefox
happy1979 is offline Female
Closed