Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 AM   #1
marnabear
Webkinz :)

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Unanswered: gardening problem

Have any of you had a plant that Webkinz does not recognize when you try to harvest or rake it? I have this happen fairly often; for the past couple of days I have had some nice tomatoes that I cannot harvest. When I inspect the plant nothing comes up in the box. I used to be able to use edit and move the plant somewhere else, but now I can't even do that. Usually it fixes itself in a day or so, but I'm just curious if this happens to others. I don't think I have too many plants there because I've seen gardens that were almost completely covered with veggie plants. I have paths around all of mine.
marnabear is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

Momzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socks

Default Re: gardening problem

Yes, that happens sometimes. If you go out of the room and go back in again, it almost always lets you take care of that plant after you have re-entered your outdoor garden room.

I hope that helps.
Momzkinza is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 01:08 AM   #3

ACMETEAM will become famous soon enough

I've been having the same problem for a couple of months now... My donut plants have been the worse... I rake them, water them and when I inspect them it says they are fine but they still have weeds and hardly ever yield donuts anymore... I have tried digging them, removing them and even putting them in a different yard and still nothing... Ganz has made no comments to my requests to correct the problem... My jellybeans and strawberries have been ok though...
ACMETEAM is offline Male
Old 12-31-2008, 01:29 AM   #4
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

Momzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by ACMETEAM
I've been having the same problem for a couple of months now... My donut plants have been the worse... I rake them, water them and when I inspect them it says they are fine but they still have weeds and hardly ever yield donuts anymore... I have tried digging them, removing them and even putting them in a different yard and still nothing... Ganz has made no comments to my requests to correct the problem... My jellybeans and strawberries have been ok though...
Have you tried leaving the room and going back in? I have a donut plant, and it doesn't look like it has been weeded until I do that. Also, I don't water any of my other plants, but I do water the donut plant and it seems to be producing normally. I hope that helps.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:32 AM   #5
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Momzkinza
Yes, that happens sometimes. If you go out of the room and go back in again, it almost always lets you take care of that plant after you have re-entered your outdoor garden room.

I hope that helps.
I haven't tried going back right away, but the problem does persist from one day to the next. I usually do my gardening at night after midnight, but I will try to remember to check that plant tomorrow morning.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 AM   #6
jenncatt

jenncatt is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, DONUT PLANT?? JELLYBEANS?? How do you get those??? I want! I thought there were only veggies to cultivate!!! yay!!! I really want every kind of gardening thing.

I have had that problem- where one plant in the middle just isn't there. I mean, I see it, but I can't get it to inspect, water, etc... That just happened for 2 days and just today, it was back to normal. In fact, I was JUST going to ask about it, then it was ok. I don't know the answer to that. but Ya, you're not crazy.

SO I was gonna ask if you all knew a way to water a lot of plants at once, or if you do in fact have to water each. little. square. one. by. one. ? haha.... I don't even have that many--maybe 20 and they are all veggie and how do i get a donut...

thanks, hearts!

jenncatt is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 AM   #7
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by jenncatt
ok, DONUT PLANT?? JELLYBEANS?? How do you get those??? I want! I thought there were only veggies to cultivate!!! yay!!! I really want every kind of gardening thing.

I have had that problem- where one plant in the middle just isn't there. I mean, I see it, but I can't get it to inspect, water, etc... That just happened for 2 days and just today, it was back to normal. In fact, I was JUST going to ask about it, then it was ok. I don't know the answer to that. but Ya, you're not crazy.

SO I was gonna ask if you all knew a way to water a lot of plants at once, or if you do in fact have to water each. little. square. one. by. one. ? haha.... I don't even have that many--maybe 20 and they are all veggie and how do i get a donut...

thanks, hearts!

Donut plants are a Pet of the Month special item - when you adopt the Pet of the Month during it's month, you receive a special package with a POM item in it. It is random, but you do not get repeats until you have all of them. The Jellybean plants are purchased in the on-line Webkinz E-Store, but like most of the E-Store items, are offered only periodically. If you watch the main page on WI, it lists the items available. I think the special days are Wednesday, and weekends. I have not bought anything there, but that is where you get the jelly bean plants. There is also a dog bone plant, but it came with the Collie which is now retired.

No easy way to water, but I never water and my plants do just fine, the only difference is that a few more weeds grow each day. If you get a plant that you can't cultivate (weed harvest or water) try leaving and re-entering your room - it has always worked for me. When I go back in, I can cultivate the wayward plant.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 AM   #8
jenncatt

jenncatt is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW, I don't think I'm fancy enough to ever get a donut plant.... I'm not the collecting master.... But ok, are you telling me that I dont' have to water my watermellons and cabbage, and I can still harvest them? they grow?
jenncatt is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #9
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by jenncatt
WOW, I don't think I'm fancy enough to ever get a donut plant.... I'm not the collecting master.... But ok, are you telling me that I dont' have to water my watermellons and cabbage, and I can still harvest them? they grow?

That is correct. You must weed them every day or they will not grow and will after a couple days die. I never water anything but my donut plant - just to keep the weeds at bay since I only have one. Everything grows just fine, and I have normal yields on my produce. The first few harvests after planting seem to not be so great, but once my gardens were established, I got similar average yields watering and not watering. I still get some individual plants with a low number, but I did when watering too. Some people always water, but I don't. I have 5 gardens each with 99 plants in them, so I really don't want to take the time to water.

Last edited by Momzkinza; 12-31-2008 at 08:18 AM..
Old 12-31-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
KnittinKitten
Gifted

Princess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to behold

The problem I have been having is that after I rake the weeds in a plant I cannot water the plant until I leave the garden and go back. It's not the worst glitch...just an inconvenience.

I have noticed that after I weed or harvest my donut plant it doesn't look any different, but it is right the next time I garden.

I am so glad we have to know what others are experiencing and that we are not alone or crazy!
Princess18 is offline Female
Closed