Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
Missjod
Webkinz :)

missjod will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Gardening Issues...Has anyone noticed this...

I just recently expanded my garden. I am getting more into the idea of gardening for profit -

(I am not sure where on WI I read a thread about that so I apologize if this is in the wrong area, I searched and couldn't find a gardening section.)

So I noticed yesterday that I harvested a few strawberry plants and when I went to sell them, I didn't have as many as I thought I should. I thought, well maybe I messed up and fed it to my pet - or didn't count right - oh well......

.....then today.... I paid closer attention to how many it said I harvested, and noticed distinct differences in the quantity it awarded me in the harvest - I didn't think to do a screenshot until the 3rd plant but here are 2 pictures to show.

The one shows I got 4 strawberries, and the other only shows 1 strawberry - I feel a bit ripped off.

I am suspicious of the other crops now as well, such as my jelly beans, corn, tomatoes and carrots, I think the squash and watermelon have always only awarded 1 fruit per harvest - but the others used to seem more consistant - or I really have just been oblivious -

Has anyone else ever noticed this??

I read somewhere that the prices have dropped when selling back, and someone remarked that perhaps Ganz is onto us and doesn't like this method of getting kinzcash
- I don't know - but even though it is similar to the real world in that you never know what yield you get with your harvest, and if selling the prices do fluctuate - but c'mon I still think that since this is a "game" it should be more consistant -

Any other observations or comments??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg4 berries.jpg (99.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg1 berry.jpg (99.4 KB, 24 views)
missjod is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Gardening Issues...Has anyone noticed this...

I've noticed how from day to day my garden output may vary. Typically I see a range of 280-310 strawberries from a garden with 99 plants. I haven't however been gardening long enough to notice a big change.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

Hi there...I have 6 gardens spread out over 2 accounts...It is a great way to earn KC...but it has always varied in the amount you get when harvesting your plants...So on one plant you may get 5 berries...on another 3 and on another perhaps only 1! But this is normal...and when you think about it...in real life a strawberry plant will yield different quanities on each plant as each plant is unique!

Good look with your crops!!!
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

Well, I know that you have a random chance of being awarded a certain number of crops every time. In the w-shop it says for strawberries you can get up to 5 per harvest, which means each time your will randomly get between one and 5 strawberries. This has always been like this. As for the prices going down, i'm no sure about that, I will have to look into that further....
kateannec11 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #5

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Hi,
When you garden, especially for profit, your plants don't always bear the maximum number of fruit or vegetables. Sometimes 5, sometimes 1. I guess it all depends on what mood GANZ is in that day. Yes, prices for fruits and vegetables selling has dropped. But it still is a good way to make some $$$ Besides, it gives us something to do when the clubhouse is closed, or we can't get into the tournament arena because the phones won't stay on! Hang in there, good luck with your garden!

First post, hurray!
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

it's always fluctated with all the veggies except the pumpkin, watermelon, bone, and maybe the cabbage.

---------- jaxcat added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

oh and i only sell the pumpkin if i'm going to sell my garden food and it's always been $10kc

Last edited by jaxcat; 11-04-2008 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
jaxcat is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
Missjod

missjod will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone - I must have really been oblivious - lol - perhaps since I am doing it more for economic gain as opposed to just feeding my pet, I am more aware -
But, you're right - it is just as in real life...not knowing what yield you will get -
As long as it is normal - although I still think it would be nice if it were consistant - but
C'est la vie!

I plan on expanding more - especially in the new Asian and Euro account I have.

Thank you all again for your quick responses.
missjod is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
webcrazy has a spectacular aura aboutwebcrazy has a spectacular aura about

Hi. Yes, the number of fruit/vegetables per harvest per plant does vary with each harvest, so that is 'normal'.
I would still encourage you to keep up the gardening as it does seem like a really simple way to earn more kinzcash.
If you dont' have alot of money at the time, what I do is, once I sell a big harvest (or even if you only sell $200 worth that day), then I use that money to buy more plants. So even if I sell $200 worth, I will then turn around and re-invest and buy 4 more plants (@ $50 each) and plant them. This has worked well, allowed me to expand into more gardens, and given me some profit along the way. I'm now up to 6 gardens (and will probably stop there) so now it will all be profit!

Two other good tips are these:

Carrots are the BEST return for your investment.
Alot of people have calculated and figured out that over time, for the turn-around time, the number of fruit/vegetables per harvest, and the price you get at the w-shop, the carrots are the best profit maker.
I believe it used to be strawberries. But, now strawberries are either the same return as the carrots or a close second. Personally, I like the carrots best because they are so easy to see when you have to rake.

The other tip that I've learned off WI, is that you do not need to water - ever!
Just rake and harvest. Not having to water can save you a bunch of time (especially with the more gardens you have)!

Good luck and welcome to the Webkinz world of farming!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #9
2in2Webkinz is an unknown quantity at this point

As folks have already said, yes, the harvests do vary. However, the box will sometimes tell me, for example, that I've harvested 3 strawberries, but my dock will only display 1 or 2.
2in2Webkinz is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

Missjod, if I'm not mistaken, Ganz encourages WW members to earn cash by gardening. On the front page of the Newzpaper when you log on, they have a page called Kinzcash Tips, and I think gardening for profit is listed. I think it's also in the instruction manual for gardening. I think maybe people are assuming that the prices for fruits/vegggies are going down, but I don't know if anyone has proof of this. I think the prices have always been the same, but we tend not to notice these things when we're doing it by rote.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Closed