Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
Addicted To
Webkinz :)

luvmydaughter will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Gardening

Has anyone other than me noticed that their gardens have stopped growing uniformly? My watermellons, for example, were always ready to harvest on the same day. Now it seems there are several that are not keeping up with the rest of the patch. ???
luvmydaughter is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 
Default Re: Gardening

My garden has always been off since the day I planted it, so this is not new to my account. It would be nice if they were on the same growing cycle.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I believe it's because sometimes you may miss one or two , which starts the process...those would be a day behind the others. Then you may miss one more, which would put those behind the others, and so on and so forth. That's what I think happens, well, at least it happens in my gardens, lol.

***Do you know you DON'T have to water your gardens EVER? It doesn't affect crop yeild or anything! A little secret I learned here on WI earlier this year. All you have to do for them to grow everyday is rake them!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
Addicted To

View Post Originally Posted by funmamas
I believe it's because sometimes you may miss one or two , which starts the process...those would be a day behind the others. Then you may miss one more, which would put those behind the others, and so on and so forth. That's what I think happens, well, at least it happens in my gardens, lol.

***Do you know you DON'T have to water your gardens EVER? It doesn't affect crop yeild or anything! A little secret I learned here on WI earlier this year. All you have to do for them to grow everyday is rake them!!!

Yeah I recently was told that wonderful bit of info. All I do now is rake. That's why I was wondering if the lack of watering was now causing that to happen.
Thanks for the feedback Kayembee and funmamas!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

After tending to my kids gardens - which they have lost interest in - I think I have it down to a science when it comes to my own! Enlarging the screen makes a big difference. After I rake or harvest, I always go thru and inspect everything to make sure I haven't missed anything. No clue why the cycle has never been the same, other than I have moved plants around (without digging them up though) and maybe that threw them off?
kayembee is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #6

tink my doxen is a jewel in the roughtink my doxen is a jewel in the rough

ahhh. i'm not sure actually mine is like that too! but i don't really care for it! lol
tink my doxen is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
Addicted To

Yeah, the only reason it upsets me is cause I want to be able to harvest them all at the same time. I guess it's not really that big of a deal, I just thought it weird that it didnt used to get out of sync. like this.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
I'm so glad to be a

serinasong is just really niceserinasong is just really nice

If you are gardening on an Asian account and live in the United States your garden recycles at 2:00 PM Asian Kinz Time. For me that is 11:00 PM (real time). So everyday you have to do your gardening before 11:00 PM even though the 24 hour day in Asia has not been completed.

I also have problems with my garden doing this once in awhile, it drives me nutz! I don't know if I was missing some of the plants or it was Webkinz. But if you miss even just one day it causes havoc on the whole growth cycle. I found one thing that made gardening easier (and much faster) for me was to avoid plants that grew yellow flowers during their growth cycle. Pumpkins, watermelons, strawberries all have little yellow flowers that appear during their growth cycle which makes it harder to tell if they are "growing" or just full of weeds. To remedy the situation I now only grow carrots. They only get yellow flowers when there are weeds and when they are ready you can see the orange carrot top (which is only visible on harvest day).

Hope this helps,
SerinaSong
serinasong is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #9
grandmai
Gift Guru

Grandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

I have noticed that different plants are freezing. I had a donut and bone plant I harvest from several days. Today I had a plant I couldn't rake and when I tried to remove it I couldn't.
Carolyn
Old 11-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #10
Addicted To

Thanks all! Glad to hear I am not the only one with issues. But sorry to hear you are alos having issues!
Closed