Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
Gifted

joshgrobanfan will become famous soon enough

Question Answered: Is Ganz supposed to ask for your PASSWORD?!

I have called the 866-webkinz helpline on many occassions, but today when I called to get help with a problem I was having with my webkinz account, the customer service rep asked for my username AND PASSWORD.

All the times I have called (and there have been many), the rep has been able to look up my account with my username. I have never been asked for my password. In fact, it is [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] that says to never give your password out to anyone. It made me nervous, so after I hung up, I changed my password.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had the [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] customer service ask for your password? And are they really supposed to????

Thanks in advance for any additional info on this.
joshgrobanfan is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by rickekinz
View Post Originally Posted by joshgrobanfan
I have called the 866-webkinz helpline on many occassions, but today when I called to get help with a problem I was having with my webkinz account, the customer service rep asked for my username AND PASSWORD.

All the times I have called (and there have been many), the rep has been able to look up my account with my username. I have never been asked for my password. In fact, it is [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] that says to never give your password out to anyone. It made me nervous, so after I hung up, I changed my password.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had the [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] customer service ask for your password? And are they really supposed to????

Yes, that has happened to me with a customer rep wanting my password and I said absolutely not. They can get into your WW account with just your user name and I told the rep that. Guess what? The rep got into my account just fine. He said it was just easier for him to know my password so he didn't have to go into another program to get to my account. I never give out my password and neither should you.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
ithout a doubt
Gift Guru

rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!

Default Re: Is Ganz supposed to ask for your PASSWORD?!

View Post Originally Posted by joshgrobanfan

Yes, that has happened to me with a customer rep wanting my password and I said absolutely not. They can get into your WW account with just your user name and I told the rep that. Guess what? The rep got into my account just fine. He said it was just easier for him to know my password so he didn't have to go into another program to get to my account. I never give out my password and neither should you.
rickekinz is offline Female
Old 09-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

lava94 has a brilliant futurelava94 has a brilliant futurelava94 has a brilliant futurelava94 has a brilliant futurelava94 has a brilliant future

I don't think it would be too bad to give your password to a [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] employee as long as you're sure they're an employee. It just depends on how safe you want to be, but employees can access your account without you telling them your password anyway.
lava94 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

YES!! they have asked for mine every time I have dealt with them for 3 years, joshgrobanfan and they have NEVER done anything bad in any of my accounts, NEVER! They are perfectly reliable.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

They asked me that too, i think it's fine i've given it to them many times.. I mean, it's [notranslate]GANZ[/notranslate].. it's just the quickest way for them to get onto your account, and they dont ask for the code so if you feel uncomfortable you can change the password right after
suneshin3 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

They've asked me for my password too. If they're trying to duplicate a problem on your account, it helps if they can log in exactly as you would. It may seem odd, but I don't think there is any reason to worry.
FIA is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

They asked for my password before, and actually took one of my Webkinz into the clubhouse to test out a problem. I felt a little weird giving it to them, but nothing bad ever happened. I did change it afterward though.
Desty is offline Female
Old 09-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
ishing for vacation!
Gift Guru

Jenn is sweet stuff
Jenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuff

Hey, there, jgf... I've called and been asked for my password before... though it happened pretty infrequently. In fact, I always wish after the fact that I'd changed my password to something that sends a less than subtle message like:

moreleavesplease

or if I'm trying to support Cows4You

wewantlonghorns

But I can never remember to do it before I call.

Anyway, I don't know what makes the difference between them needing the password or not, but it has happened to me before, more than once.

Hope they were able to help with whatever problem you were having.

Peace, Jenn
Old 09-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Gifted

FROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonder

yes they do i done this lot time
FROGPRINCESS27 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
boo!