Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

Default Unanswered: Friend request in WW

Not really sure where this goes. I logged on yesterday and had a friend request from someone I did not know. I said no to the request. But I am wondering how this person got my name. Does anyone know?
Joani is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
blake3249

debs_267 has much to be proud ofdebs_267 has much to be proud ofdebs_267 has much to be proud ofdebs_267 has much to be proud of

Talking Re: Friend request in WW

I know the answer to this one..YAY! They visited your "My Page" by requesting to meet somebody new, then requested to be your friend. They must have seen something on your My Page that they wanted to become friends. I think I get a lot of requests because I love checkers. This way if they are in the Tournament area and I'm available, they ask me to play checkers. Hope this helped answer your question. SMILE
debs_267 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Default Re: Friend request in WW

View Post Originally Posted by debs_267
I know the answer to this one..YAY! They visited your "My Page" by requesting to meet somebody new, then requested to be your friend. They must have seen something on your My Page that they wanted to become friends. I think I get a lot of requests because I love checkers. This way if they are in the Tournament area and I'm available, they ask me to play checkers. Hope this helped answer your question. SMILE
Great tip! Thanks - and welcome to WI
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Great answer! Also, some people will add usernames that they see laying around on a website, if you posted it on any. Other people are just lonely, and don't have many friends so they'll guess and add random people. Then, maybe you did tell a friend or relative your username, and they didn't tell you theirs, or the user didn't fit them, so there's a small chance it wasn't totally random.
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
I'm now a

x-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to behold

They might have wanted friends so they did every random username they could think of. They might have saw your MyPage and then requested a friend request. That's all I could think of.
x-tiff is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

They most likley visited your "my page" page in WW.
On there people can click a tab labled "meet new people"
and that's how the person may have found you. They then
click the tab on your "my page" page that says "add as friend"
(if you have one of those).

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

This post is absolutely correct! It's beyond probable that this person requested to meet someone new, and ended up on your 'My Page' page. Maybe they have something in common with you, so they wanted to become your buddy. They also might have met you in the Tournament Arena when you played a PVP game against eachother, and you logged out as soon as the PVP game was over. They might have requested to be your friend there, but when you logged out, the request went straight to your home page, and when you logged in, that's where you found it. Hope I was able to help!
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

My granddaughter got a friend request from some whose name was very similar to hers. Kind of like Dinomite and the person was Dinomyte...When you are signing up for a username it will tell you if that name is already taken and that is what happened in her case
But otherwise, I have to agree with Debs If you have a My Page and someone likes it, they can invite you to be a friend. I have gotten a couple of contacts that way, too
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
Ѵαмριяɛ
Gift Guru

Tinkwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputeTinkwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputeTinkwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputeTinkwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputeTinkwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputeTinkwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Joani
Not really sure where this goes. I logged on yesterday and had a friend request from someone I did not know. I said no to the request. But I am wondering how this person got my name. Does anyone know?
Other members pretty much have this answered, but there are many ways to figure it out. That member could have easily read one of your posts or seen a post. That's how most members meet each other. You could have also started a thread that they saw or liked what you posted for another member. I've had people say that, from my posts, that they thought I was very kind & nice and they thought I could be a good friend. They could've even went to your profile pages. There are so many ways that that member saw your user. You could always ask that member why they want to be your friend. I've had to do that quite a few times. Hope I've helped! (^_^)

~T
Tinkwebkinz is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
Diabetes Awareness

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

Great thanks for the info. That totally explains it.

Oh and welcome to WI. You will love it here, I know I do.
Joani is offline Female
Closed