Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
Eternal Summer
Webkinz :)

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

Default Unanswered: Friend Request Help

I received two friend requests today. I don't know who either of the people are. I accepted the first one because we were late getting back home and trying to do the hourly event. My daughter said just accept & you can delete it later if you need to. I was in Firefox on my account and went to open IE to get another one of our accounts going to do the hourly. I do that often & never have issues. All of a sudden IE just kept opening one window after another. I could not get it to stop. I had to go into task manager and it finally allowed me to end the program. I ran all the virus scans but nothing on the system.

I went to log back in to Webkinz and now have another friend request from someone else I do not know. I hate to say no and hurt soemone's feelings, but I dont want a repeat of what happened before.

So the questions I have are:

(1) if I am friends with someone else, can other people that he is friends with see my name and request to be my friend? I'm only friends with my kids and one other person.

(2) My name on Webkinz is not the same as here on so I wonder how would someone get my Webkinz name?

(3) Has anyone else gotten friend requests today from people they do not know?

Thanks for any insights.

Last edited by GPX Navigators; 12-06-2008 at 11:20 PM..
GPX Navigators is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talent
Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 
Default Re: Friend Request Help

Do you have MyPage set up? If so, when people ask to see random pages, they can see yours and have the option of asking to be your friend. If you go to the Club House that can also give them enough information to ask to be your friend sometimes. I have had random requests to be a friend and never had my web browser go nuts on me when I accepted. About every month or so, I will go and clear some of the older ones out who I have not heard from in a while.
Asacardimus is offline Female
Old 12-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #3
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

1.) No they cannot. Don't worry, your WW ID is safe.

2.) Sometimes people just send out random requests. Trust me, everyone gets them.

3.) No I have not.

Hope I helped you out.
Jake is offline Male
Old 12-06-2008, 11:56 PM   #4
Eternal Summer
Webkinz :)

GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!GPX Navigators is headed for the top!

You did help! Thanks.

My daughter set up My Page for me. That's kind of cool.

---------- GPX Navigators added 8 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

ok one more question...how do I find the firend request I didn't accept. I logged out when it popped up without accepting or denying.

Is it gone?

Last edited by GPX Navigators; 12-06-2008 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
GPX Navigators is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by GPX Navigators
You did help! Thanks.

ok one more question...how do I find the firend request I didn't accept. I logged out when it popped up without accepting or denying.

Is it gone?
Did you just exit out of the request with the "X" button in the right corner of the request popup? ???
If so, then I think you cannot recieve it again, but I am not 100% sure..
Do you remember their username?
Jake is offline Male
Old 12-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by GPX Navigators
You did help! Thanks.

Is it gone?
If you want to check who your friends are, turn on your kinzphone and a list of all of the people you are friends with will appear there. You can delete the people you don't know from your phone. If there are no other strange names on the list, then I assume that the friend request you didn't accept won't show up at all.

I bet that the My Page preferences were set to have all people able to view the page. Once you change that setting, you will not get those strange requests anymore
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Closed