Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Answered: Forgot how/if you can report an ad here...

Hello all-I just logged in to WI about 20 minutes ago, and clicked to go to a profile page, and heard a loud "Congratulations, you've won!". I scroll to the left, and on the left side of the WI page, where an ad is, was an ad that said "This is not a joke-you're the 100,000th visitor!" and then a button to click for a prize. Pretty sure the ad had a smiley face too. It wasn't so much the type of ad that concerned me, but the graphics and sound. I really don't like how the ad was "talking"-that startled me, and it could scare people, and what bugged me a lot was the flashing border around the ad-it was an electric blue/white flashing, and it was very bright and flashing incredibly fast-so fast that it made me dizzy for a little, and it could cause seizures for people.

Unfortunately, I did not get a screenshot, but is there any way that maybe the staff could look into this? Thank you.

EDIT: I just got it again-it seems to be frequent when visiting profiles-here is screenshot:

Click the image to open in full size.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by samoyeds43; 09-23-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Best Answer - Posted by COWS4YOU
ok just got the ad I will pass the info to Justin
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Fever32
Webkinz :)

CardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Forgot how/if you can report an ad here...

Oh! That happened to me just now...it scared me to smithereens!!! I noticed that too, but I do not know if you can actually "report" an ad....good luck!
CardnlFanCarly is offline Female
Old 09-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
jazinoc is on a distinguished road

I recently just got this ad too. It made me jump. I'm not sure if you can report these kinds of things, but remember that some of the ads may pay WI to be on here, which helps it become a better site for us. So if I have to deal with a little annoying ad here and there, I'm ok with that!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

If you can get a SS of it the next time you come across it, that would be great. Just pm any staff member that is on and we can go from there
Old 09-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
I'm a rainbow-sparky

rainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yikes!! That ad just freaked me out! Yep, it has a smiley face and it says "This is not a joke! You are the 100,000th visitor!" Gosh, there must be a bunch of 100,000th visitors!
rainbowsparks97 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Thanks, Carly and jazinoc. I don't necessarily mind the ads, and I am not complaining that ads are there, but these "speaking ads" have given my computer viruses before, they mess with the sound if I am listening to something else, and the flashing is really terrible-it makes me dizzy to look at it, and it's hard to crop the screen without losing some other parts. I think I remember hearing there was a way to report it.

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
If you can get a SS of it the next time you come across it, that would be great. Just pm any staff member that is on and we can go from there
Thanks COWS, just got a screenshot and will PM shortly.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Old 09-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #8

wishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clown

I actually only got that ad once. But it scared me to death! I kept refreshing the page. No luck. (Note to self: Refreshing page does NOT help to get rid of a talking ad.)
wishgirl78 is offline Female
Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
Thanks COWS!
Closed