Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Graystripe has a spectacular aura about

Exclamation Unanswered: Flagging a post?

Is 'flagging' like reporting someone?
What are the uses of it?
Graystripe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

Default Re: Flagging a post?

View Post Originally Posted by Graystripe
What are the uses of it?
When you flag someone you can report them if they are doing something wrong.
Also, if you want to get a Mod's attention on a certain post you can flag it.
Hope I helped.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
(:
Webkinz :)
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by FunnyHoney
When you flag someone you can report them if they are doing something wrong.
Also, if you want to get a Mod's attention on a certain post you can flag it.
Hope I helped.
Exactly.
Dot Jr. is offline Female
Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

From FAQ. Located here- Webkinz Insider Forum - FAQ: How do I post, PM, take screenshots, report, change thread titles, etc?

How do I report a post?

Reporting a post

vBulletin has a great way to report posts and bring them to our attention. You've probably seen it a hundred times, but never really paid attention. It's the "red flag" below people's names on each post. If you see a post that doesn't follow the rules, click that red flag, fill out the reason and click send.

Here is a picture of the flag:
Click the image to open in full size.

This will alert whatever mod or admin that is on and we can get to it as quickly as possible. This works much better than PM'ing a mod or admin, as anyone can pick up the "ticket" and get to work!

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FOR ANY OTHER REASON, IT IS ONLY FOR REPORTING POSTS THAT DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES!!
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 06-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

can we use the flag to let mods know of something new? Like a new pet adopted?
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 06-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FOR ANY OTHER REASON, IT IS ONLY FOR REPORTING POSTS THAT DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES!!
The above quote actually is not Mickey's but comes from the FAQ in wi. Thanks Mickey for putting the FAQ info in your post. It is helpful information.

That particular phrase from the FAQ's seems just a little confusing to me as well. I understand that this is the primary purpose of the using a flag, and that forum members should be very cautious about using the reporting tool for any other purpose.

However, it was my understanding is that it you also can use the flags to:

1) request that a thread be closed
2) request that a thread be reopened
3) notify a moderator that a recipe has been newly solved

Thanks in advance for letting me know if this is incorrect.

Last edited by curiousg; 06-10-2010 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: clarification
curiousg is offline Female
Old 06-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg

That particular phrase from the FAQ's seems just a little confusing to me as well. I understand that this is the primary purpose of the using a flag, and that forum members should be very cautious about using the reporting tool for any other purpose.

You are correct on all of these. The flag is NOT just for reporting inappropriate behavior or posting. It is a useful tool that helps bring something to the attention of staff, good or bad.

There are also a lot of people who have to flag their own threads for help in updating titles that we are unable to do on our own due to glitches here on WI.

Last edited by kayembee; 06-10-2010 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: clarifying :)
kayembee is offline Female
Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Graystripe
What are the uses of it?
Yes, flagging some one is reporting them. If somebody is saying things that aren't supposed to be said on here like personal information or saying mean things, you should 'flag' there post.
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 06-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

The above quote actually is not Mickey's but comes from the FAQ in wi. Thanks Mickey for putting the FAQ info in your post. It is helpful information.

Yep! That quote is from the FAQ. I just Bolded it, cause its quite important.

Well said.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #10
hy yes, I'm
Gifted

jhoops13 is a splendid one to beholdjhoops13 is a splendid one to beholdjhoops13 is a splendid one to beholdjhoops13 is a splendid one to behold

You may also flag a post to get a new pet adoption on the front page if you are the first WI member to adopt it.
jhoops13 is offline Male
Closed