Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Tealady777
Webkinz :)

Tealady77 is a jewel in the roughTealady77 is a jewel in the rough

Default Unanswered: Fixed the "Please Wait" freeze on our computer!!!

Hi all! Our family has been having MAJOR issues with Webkinz the past few weeks.

Everytime one of us would go on - regardless of which browser we'd use - within a minute or two the "Please wait" message would pop up and freeze the account. This happened typically when we were in the middle of, say, rock mining, or had just finished a job, etc. So of course whatever money we would have made was lost because we had to log out. Not to mention it made trading impossible. Couldn't send anyone mail or play games or even get into our houses.

Log in, log out... it was tremendously frustrating. I attributed it to the Halloween "Ghost" and the new Kinzville Park, thinking the Webkinz server was just overloaded. But come November, these freezes were still happening and I finally called Ganz.

I was told to check our security/anitvirus software. AVG and sometime Norton can interrupt Webkinz. AVG users have been calling Ganz in droves, apparently. We deleted AVG and installed another free antivirus program called Avast... and lo and behold, Webkinz works again!

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere else as I am new here... but wanted to share the info in the hope that it will help other folks as well.

Peace, love and granola!

Tealady77
Tealady77 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 01:39 AM   #2

taikitty is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Fixed the "Please Wait" freeze on our computer!!!

Welcome to WI, Tealady. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

The "please wait" freezeup/lockout has been an ongoing problem for some weeks now. The AVG idea is interesting. I lost all ability to even sign in to WK on Oct 28th. After trying all the usual fixes, not even a restore to a much earlier date (before some AVG updates) made an impact. However, by switching to my clunky old and slow computer I could at least sign in. Interesting, right?

What is even more interesting is that today, all of a sudden, with NO further repair attempts, WK works again on the trusty newer, faster machine. Of course I did threaten it with a session with my computer geek sister. Maybe it got scared back to normal.

Well, normal in this case means dealing th the please wait issues and freezeouts. But here is a tiny tip that sometimes works: after signing on, go to the tournament area for a couple of games and then move back to the other areas. This seems to let things settle down and gives me a bit longer before freezing up. Wondering is it is a buffering issue with WK? hum...
taikitty is offline Female
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
Tealady777

I tried logging in and out multiple times; switching from games to curio to etc. etc. umpteen times, but nothing worked consistently. That includes using a variety of different browers.

All I know is that since we've switched our anti-virus program to Avast, I haven't experienced any of the "Please wait" problems at all.

So I obviously can't say this will work definitively for everyone... but it helped me and it may very well help others with the same problems.

When I called Ganz the lady I spoke to said that AVG had updated their software (affecting everyone with their program) and that Ganz was being flooded with calls from people with that program. So maybe it would work if you switched anti-virus software. My husband did a bit of research and thought that would work the best for us. And so far, so good!

Good luck and hope things work better for you soon!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #4

LoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by Tealady77
I tried logging in and out multiple times; switching from games to curio to etc. etc. umpteen times, but nothing worked consistently. That includes using a variety of different browers.

All I know is that since we've switched our anti-virus program to Avast, I haven't experienced any of the "Please wait" problems at all.

So I obviously can't say this will work definitively for everyone... but it helped me and it may very well help others with the same problems.

When I called Ganz the lady I spoke to said that AVG had updated their software (affecting everyone with their program) and that Ganz was being flooded with calls from people with that program. So maybe it would work if you switched anti-virus software. My husband did a bit of research and thought that would work the best for us. And so far, so good!

Good luck and hope things work better for you soon!
I have been having same issues, sometimes it works fine and others it doesn't.....

I personally do not think AVG is causing my problems, I too have read in a couple other posts about turning off AVG's new "surf shield" in the Linkscanner section of AVG....tried this...no luck. I also did some investigating even went so far as to decline the AVG update on one of my computers, it is not making a difference for me, the one not updated is still acting the same way. I also went into AVG advanced settings for this Linkscanner and investigated what to do if something seems to be "interupted", as they put it, and how to create an "exception" it says to look in the vault....well I did and nothing of webkinz is in it (and yes there are alot of things listed in it) I went in there first thing this morning after turning on the computer and logging in to webkinz so that nothing wlse would show up in the list and......hmmm, nothing at all with todays date on it listed there. I don't think I will be changing virus software, at least not yet, too many other glitches going on for me to believe it is AVG at this point. I feel it is a WW problem. AVG on my computer is not catching anything bad from webkinz.
LoriM13 is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
Tealady777

Hi Lori. My husband went and took off Avast and installed the virus protection program that comes with Windows 7 (called Microsoft Security Essentials). Still not experiencing the trouble that we went through before. I'm just going on what I was told from Ganz and what I've experienced with our own results with removing the anitvirus program and trying something different. I wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to fix the problem on your own computer.

Thanks for writing!

Please do not attempt to bypass our word filter.

Webberlily

Last edited by Webberlily; 11-14-2009 at 03:58 AM..
Old 11-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #6

woodlandgirl is a jewel in the roughwoodlandgirl is a jewel in the rough

I have been having exactly the same problem, it started getting really bad around the ghost time, so i just waited and hoped it would resolve itself after he had gone, but no. Its pretty much unuseable and "please waits" us every time we change a screen practically. And we do use AVG, but the paid version so I am really reluctant to uninstall it. I'll call Ganz too and see what they say, wonder if it is a AVG issue, whether AVG or ganz have the ability to fix it......
Old 11-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

Welcome to WI! And thank you for sharing a helpful tip for everyone.

We are also experiencing the please wait issues but mainly on one account more then the others. I thought this was odd since it is all the same types of accounts and on the same computer. lol
When I called the rep told me to disable my antivirus program and it would help fix it.

I don't think she was happy with me after that because I told her there was no way I was disabling it for their "game". She proceeded to tell me about the issues you mentioned and I told I don't even use that program and even if I did she should in no way be telling people to disable anything.She can suggest they use a new one or make them aware of the possible issues but they should never advise people to disable it completely. This would leave their computers at risk.

The free antivirus programs out there are certainly not the best (ya know the old saying you get what you pay for) but they are definitely better then nothing and everyone should have something helping to protect their computers.
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #8

SurfingBreeze is on a distinguished road

Thy logging in on a diffrent computer maby it will work there and make it work on your other computer
SurfingBreeze is offline Female
Old 11-10-2009, 02:31 AM   #9

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I was having the same problem a week or two ago, and it started just after downloading the new version of AVG. Then I read on another forum that many people were having trouble with the new AVG (this wasn't a WW forum, so other websites must also be having problems). And I also read a thread here on WI about the problem. The way to deal with it (if AVG is the problem) is to disable the LinkScanner. Once you open the program, click on LinkScanner, then check the three small boxes at the bottom under "settings". This definitely solved the problem for me. If you are not comfortable leaving it off, simply re-activate it after finishing with WW. Hope you can solve the problem.

Oh, and you don't have to specifically be running the program for it to glitch you - if it is anywhere on your computer it could be a problem.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 11-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #10

mosalazar is a splendid one to beholdmosalazar is a splendid one to beholdmosalazar is a splendid one to beholdmosalazar is a splendid one to behold

This is a great thread. I just had to reformat my hard drive and update my security due to becomming infected...... most of my weekend was spent doing this. I have since loaded AVG and now have this PLEASE WAIT delema with WW..... I didnt have this prior but would gladly have please wait and not all that crap that found its way to my laptop. Anyway I am too trying to resolve this so my daughter and I can have our daily fun on WW. She has been patiently waiting to adopt a pet and I will not let her due to the constant please wait and freezing up just tryng to put in a code at the code shop.....
By the way I tried to use the AVG fix above and turning off those little boxes and it didnt help. oh well time will tell
mosalazar is offline Female
Closed