Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
GrannyJeff
Gifted

GrannyJeff has a spectacular aura about

Default Unanswered: Firefox/ new problem, pc screen size help!

Over the weekend we picked up the Eee PC with Linux. It uses Firefox as the server. Well, we got it online but every page we tried short of the google search that is built in, says, "Server Not found". then we encounter all this stuff about encrypted pages. What are we doing wrong and should we just take it back and get the Windows version of the same notebook?

Thanks

Last edited by GrannyJeff; 12-05-2008 at 11:08 AM..
GrannyJeff is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
emily44

Default Re: Firefox

um, hmm, i think you should maybe go to yahoo and download internet explorer. i hope it helps!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I use firefox ( you can use it on any computer ) and it's working fine for me.. hm.. maybe before taking it back you should try calling the store or a tech-support person like the Ge.ek squad. It could be the computer,internet connection, or the firefox program.
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
GrannyJeff
Gifted

We found out that we hadn't set the little pc with the router! Ha Ha
another question though, how small a pc can you have and still see ALL of WW. I can't do any WW on this and may take it back. it was for work.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

DragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledgeDragonStar flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Firefox/ new problem, pc screen size help!

I'm not entirely sure what the screen size for Webkinz is, but I have the Asus Eee PC myself - the version with Linux - and I cannot go on any websites such as Club Penguin, Webkinz, ect - just because the screen is too small. I love the computer though, aside from the fact that I can't do Webkinz on the weekends when I don't have access to the desktop, but otherwise it's fine.

-dragon
DragonStar is offline Male
Old 12-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
GrannyJeff
Gifted

Default Re: Firefox/ new problem, pc screen size help!

View Post Originally Posted by DragonStar
I'm not entirely sure what the screen size for Webkinz is, but I have the Asus Eee PC myself - the version with Linux - and I cannot go on any websites such as Club Penguin, Webkinz, ect - just because the screen is too small. I love the computer though, aside from the fact that I can't do Webkinz on the weekends when I don't have access to the desktop, but otherwise it's fine.

-dragon
this is exactly what I got it. I wanted to be able to do webbies at work and not have someone else log on for me so I can access the Internet. I agree, I love the PC but will take it back since it can't serve 100% of my purposes. Thanks for the reply.
Closed