Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

Maggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Firefox crashing

Thank you so much everyone for all of the suggestions! I hope I can figure something out, because it's driving me crazy for sure!
Maggie Mae is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Maggie Mae
Thank you so much everyone for all of the suggestions! I hope I can figure something out, because it's driving me crazy for sure!
Firefox has so few problems overall {along with Macs} that I tend to have to think a lot harder for/on them than on Windows {where unfortunately the problems/possible solutions are so much more which is bad/good/worse type thing}. Recently Safari and Firefox had multiple updates by Mac, some due to security issues but some also due to 3rd party software problems. This led to 2 recent almost back to back updates to fix Flash and other compatibility problems. If it's a flash issue, though, at least it updates all the {main} browsers at the same time {IE FF Safari etcetera} so that's something, at least. Have you updated FF or IE or S lately? As I said these are really recent updates on top of it being more than 1 {the 2nd which I myself missed at first}. I am having issues with FF but only on the WW site which is hardly surprising {that it's that site}. I'll bookmark this and come back if I think of anything else.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #13
Webkinz :)

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, I am having a huge issue with Firefox. After being on WW for a bit, Firefox will freeze for about 15-20 seconds, then it will quit on its own. A thing shows up that says I can send a "crash report" to Mozilla, which I do, but I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and how they fixed it?

I'm using a Mac, and I had a similar problem with Safari, which is why I made the switch in the first place, but now it's happening again. UGH! I've also checked for updates, and everything is current. Please help!
I use a Mac, too, and Safari just stopped responding while I was trying to upload some pictures. And then, straight after, iPhoto stopped responding. I don't know.
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #14
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

Maggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with grace

---------- Maggie Mae added 3 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

Oh my gosh nevermind, I found it. Good god that gave me a heart attack!

Last edited by Maggie Mae; 03-02-2009 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Maggie Mae is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #15
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

I'm at a hotel right now and using Firefox on WW and WI... I'm not having any problems...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #16
e Always Knew I'd be
Gift Guru

ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!

Firefox works great for me! I restart the computer often because my laptop is kinda messed up when it is left alone. LOL But restarting it is the problem solver. I have a Toshiba laptop. It is a wonderful laptop! I suggest getting one. Mine has endured years of me slapping the screen and dropping it. These aren't that expensive either. I would get a Toshiba!
ilovewebkinz100 is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #17
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

Have you tried downloading firefox again??? I'd remove it from the computer and download again... might be a corrupted file... but then you would think that would have showed up in the shop. Hope you find whatever the problem is and soon.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #18
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

Ok, I am having a huge issue with Firefox. After being on WW for a bit, Firefox will freeze for about 15-20 seconds, then it will quit on its own. A thing shows up that says I can send a "crash report" to Mozilla, which I do, but I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and how they fixed it?

I'm using a Mac, and I had a similar problem with Safari, which is why I made the switch in the first place, but now it's happening again. UGH! I've also checked for updates, and everything is current. Please help!
I have Firefox and have had the same issue, usually only when I have been trying to load lots of things in. I can say this from my experience that I had loads of things in my dock and many times it was getting items from storage or I was trying to put something into my room from the dock. I think that everything that is int he dock has so much information and when the dock is very full that it might be too much information at the time for the browser to handle considering that it is a flash window. Flash uses a bunch of memory in and of itself. Once I got rid of most of the items in my dock I had far fewer problems with my browser and with firefox in general when using webkinz.

Hope this was helpful to you!
meowsrus is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #19
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

I know this is going to sound really odd but have you checked your modem, cables, all possible connections? And, you said you have updated the browsers but what about the flash player? Also, I know there sometimes can be issues with firewalls. There's quite a bit of script running so it's good to make sure you allow and check the settings. Trying to clear cache /cookies often, rebooting and trying different browsers are good suggestions too. Also, check what your uptime is - firefox is the best browser out there. Hopefully it will resolve for you and if not it's time for tech support. I'm not a Mac user but these are basic things that are usually the root of most 'glitches'.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #20
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
I know this is going to sound really odd but have you checked your modem, cables, all possible connections? And, you said you have updated the browsers but what about the flash player? Also, I know there sometimes can be issues with firewalls. There's quite a bit of script running so it's good to make sure you allow and check the settings. Trying to clear cache /cookies often, rebooting and trying different browsers are good suggestions too. Also, check what your uptime is - firefox is the best browser out there. Hopefully it will resolve for you and if not it's time for tech support. I'm not a Mac user but these are basic things that are usually the root of most 'glitches'.
Especially the Flash, since as I said they had not one but two {and both very recent} updates in part directly related to the Flash compatibility issue even though {or because?} it's 3rd party software {not Mac's own}. I'm still having problems on that one account but that's regardless of browser or OS or whatever {it's on their main bad server that account} but for the other ones they straightened up for most part when I did the second upgrade {plus the upgrade for one browser with Flash and all upgrades it on all the main browsers on that computer}.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Closed