Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Firefox crashing (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/firefox-crashing-476110/)

Maggie Mae03-01-2009 09:46 PM

Firefox crashing

Ok, I am having a huge issue with Firefox. After being on WW for a bit, Firefox will freeze for about 15-20 seconds, then it will quit on its own. A thing shows up that says I can send a "crash report" to Mozilla, which I do, but I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and how they fixed it?

I'm using a Mac, and I had a similar problem with Safari, which is why I made the switch in the first place, but now it's happening again. UGH! I've also checked for updates, and everything is current. Please help!

januarywebkinz03-01-2009 09:47 PM

Re: Firefox crashing

It's probably just a glitch, try restarting your computer :) I hope I helped :)

coolchic77503-01-2009 09:48 PM

oh whew, thought it was me. I just told my b/f I will have to go buy a new mouse tomorrow. lol.

stbernard0703-01-2009 09:49 PM

I use Internet Explorer and don't have any problems. Maybe you should switch to internet explorer.

Maggie Mae03-01-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by januarywebkinz (Post 13255932)
It's probably just a glitch, try restarting your computer :) I hope I helped :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's definitely not a glitch. It's been happening for a while, and I've definitely shut down my computer multiple times since it started :(

---------- Maggie Mae added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolchic775 (Post 13255955)
oh whew, thought it was me. I just told my b/f I will have to go buy a new mouse tomorrow. lol.

Glad I'm not the only one! Do you know if there's anything to be done about it?
Quote:

Originally Posted by stbernard07 (Post 13255974)
I use Internet Explorer and don't have any problems. Maybe you should switch to internet explorer.

You use IE on a mac?

JINGLES13903-01-2009 09:54 PM

I have had this problem since Aug., I have a Mac also. My computer has been to the repair shop 3 times, I was on the phone with Apple for 3hours doing everything they suggested. I spent almost $200 to no avail. I finally gave up and bought a PC laptop. I just couldn't take it anymore. Good Luck to you, if you get it resolved please let me know. Thanks!!

coolchic77503-01-2009 09:55 PM

Ok, I just went on Internet Explorer and having same issue. Ugh. Hope they fix it soon. I haven't done anything all day on 8 accounts. lol This is gonna be a loooong night.:'(

JBONE9203-01-2009 09:56 PM

I once used Internet explorer, but I had so many problems with it when I was on Webkinz World, but then I swtiched to firefox and everything works perfectly now. I am not sure what the problem is for you.

Maggie Mae03-01-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JINGLES139 (Post 13256119)
I have had this problem since Aug., I have a Mac also. My computer has been to the repair shop 3 times, I was on the phone with Apple for 3hours doing everything they suggested. I spent almost $200 to no avail. I finally gave up and bought a PC laptop. I just couldn't take it anymore. Good Luck to you, if you get it resolved please let me know. Thanks!!

Oh gosh, that's not good news...I haven't talked to anyone from Apple about it yet, but maybe I will try that. :-\ Why can't they just make things work???

Dogluver62003-01-2009 09:57 PM

I have a Mac too. (I also have Safari & Firefox) Lately I've been using Safari because Firefox isn't working as well as it used to for me. Try resetting Safari (Click "Safari", then "Reset Safari") and see if it doesn't crash. Sometimes if you have too many windows up at once, it's too much for the computer and the browser quits.