Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
ho?... Me?
Gifted

ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Unanswered: Expert and Creative Storage Advice With Multiple Accounts Wanted....

....Ok, I have access to 8 accounts. My big 5 are deluxe. 2 are from DD who quit. 1 more because I had an account name I wanted to use. My 6 are used for adoption purposes. I employ the other 2 when events happen but only one postable prize per account.

My question is... what are the pros and cons of storing everything in one account versus multiple? I can't decide if I want to send everything to my main account, or use my main account for my rooms and store extras in the other accounts...

I'd like to hear all sorts of ideas... I have a massive amount of items, and only a few completed rooms... I need to sort out everything because I want to donate useful virtual items to WIGiftz and TheTradingPost, but I don't want to give away something that I might need for decorating...

Also, should I keep putting my hamsters all on one account? The one I have them on have 95 Webbies and 20 hamsters...
ArkMama is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: Expert and Creative Storage Advice With Multiple Accounts Wanted....

I think if you are getting more hamsters in the future, put them on separate accounts. I don't believe there is an advantage to having lots of hamsters on one account. I would suggest using your main account for making rooms, and sending any extras or unwanted items to your other accounts. Just my opinion.
Hope I helped
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

Default Re: Expert and Creative Storage Advice With Multiple Accounts Wanted....

I have all the things I trade on the main account, ( much easier to keep track of items if all on 1 account) 5 hamsters are need to unlock all the room things, which are on the main. I have 1 hamster on the other 3 accounts. All accounts are deluxe because I like all the xtra games. This works for me.
Babs is offline Female
Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

zanedm is a glorious beacon of lightzanedm is a glorious beacon of lightzanedm is a glorious beacon of light

I don't really know. I just recently emptied out the rooms in my 2 accounts because I don't decorate rooms I only TRADE ITEMS.

EDIT

Last edited by Electrabuzz1; 03-09-2011 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Removing reference to link and red ink.
zanedm is offline Male
Old 03-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Diabetes Awareness

DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine
DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine

WI Subscriber

I have access to 7 accounts, 1 is mine, 3 are inherited so they are now mine, 3 I babysit. I spread my hamsters around because I like doing the mazes and getting the key craze items.

I use one of my accounts for cooking so anything that is not food is sent to other accounts. I was storing clothing on one account and furniture on another but that didn't work very well. When I needed to pull a set of outfits for a photo shoot it took several days and was just frustrating. Right now I am trying to only transfer items to my main account for rooms I am working on. Unfortunately I am not organized enough and keep missing days so that project is taking forever.

My eventual intent is to make a few closets on my main account but store other items on my 2 "feeder" accounts until I actually have a room I want to work on. Right now I have so many rooms I have half baked ideas for it isn't working well but I think once I get my rooms worked out a bit it will get easier...

I hope this ramble gives you some ideas, even if it is only what you don't want to do
DragonsFly is offline Female
Old 03-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
Diabetes Awareness

jamey2u is stuck on replay
jamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replayjamey2u is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by DragonsFly
I have access to 7 accounts, 1 is mine, 3 are inherited so they are now mine, 3 I babysit. I spread my hamsters around because I like doing the mazes and getting the key craze items.

I use one of my accounts for cooking so anything that is not food is sent to other accounts. I was storing clothing on one account and furniture on another but that didn't work very well. When I needed to pull a set of outfits for a photo shoot it took several days and was just frustrating. Right now I am trying to only transfer items to my main account for rooms I am working on. Unfortunately I am not organized enough and keep missing days so that project is taking forever.

My eventual intent is to make a few closets on my main account but store other items on my 2 "feeder" accounts until I actually have a room I want to work on. Right now I have so many rooms I have half baked ideas for it isn't working well but I think once I get my rooms worked out a bit it will get easier...

I hope this ramble gives you some ideas, even if it is only what you don't want to do
Dragonsfly, (love your username) I've tried similar approaches (although I'm sure you have much more to manage than I) with similar results. I even gave away, sold or fed my pets 1750 food items won from the forrest, deluxe, wow etc wheels because everytime I tried to open my dock, it would crash. And I sooo relate to the half-baked....oh the delimnas us ww member face.

Arkmama, this is such a great question and one that I'm sure so many WI members face....maybe it could be put up on the deluxe thread too. So many of those members seem so organized and successful with their various accounts.

Also, I'm not sure if this applies to your or possibly others here, but one post I read (I think under glitches-this such a BIG place) reported that her dock and acoount froze or wouldn't load and the ww cusomer support told her to stop making room....100 was the limit but as she pointed out soooo emphatically that lots of people here have more than her and their not facing this.....

Can't wait to here the suggestions of other WI's-yes...I'm talking to you who know...quit lurking and start posting

I think this is an excellent question and I would love to hear from the major guys on this one.
jamey2u is offline Female
Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

A few thoughts:

As others said, spread your hamsters out between your accounts. Since they do not count towards superbeds it is not worth it to slow down your loading times by having them all in one place, and also you can do the activities on more accounts and get more goodies.

If you are doing heavy trading, keep all of your trade items on one regular (tradable) account, preferably one without a lot of pets. Try to keep your dock clear of items you do not intend to trade. Kinzpost trade items to this account as often as possible to keep track of your inventory.

Use rooms and storage pieces to your advantage to keep from long loading times. I have a ton of Beach Cooler Bags and Creamy Vanilla Dressers. I suggest if you do this to keep a log for yourself so you know where things are and what/ how many items you have. Try to buy the 10 by 10 rooms to use as store rooms.

Try not to collect too many food items as they have low trade value. Any items with low trade value should be kept to a minimum. Trade, feed, or donate them to clear space for more valuable items.

I personally would not spend time on any basic (non-Kinzpostable) accounts accruing items unless you plan to adopt on them in the future.

OK! Whew! I hope that helps! If I think of something else, I'll be sure to add it.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #8

koko982 will become famous soon enough

Ooh! Good question
Pros of on one account.
If you wanted to trade you'd have TONS of items ready. You could have ore items for your room. There would be no wondering which account certain items were on if they are all on the same. More items for Webkinz Newz room contests.
Cons- Lots of clutter. May not be able to find room to put everything. Some items are not kinzpostable therefore you would have no choice but to keep some items on another account. Less space and you ay have to spend alot of kinzcash on alot of rooms to put stuff in unless you want a cluttered dock.
And vice versa for multiple accounts. Hope I helped and good luck with your decision!
koko982 is offline Female
Closed