Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #21
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

Default Re: Everything missing from rooms, and most money gone! HELP!!

someone might have found his password and sold all his things and somehow got rid of the money. have him change his password to something unguessible.
x pookie x is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #22
ill work for webkinz
Gift Guru

CindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
Is something happening in kinzchatplus...I mean are the people that are being hacked referring to kinzchatplus in a manner that is making you point it out as a source of concern? Or are you asking because he could have given out his password?
No, nothing specific about users of kinzchat plus being more accessible to hackers...BUT, most people set up their passwords in a form that's easy to remember (pet's name, favorite movie star, etc.) and if you get information from someone (especially a child) it might be easier for someone to guess, don't you think?
CindyMommy is offline Female
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #23
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

I have found that calling ganz about most anything is a hassle, but they can trace the activity on an account and tell where it all went & If you are insistant they should be able to get most of it back however it requires them to spend the time on it , but don't hang up until you are satisfied. If he plays webkinz at school like I have found out most kids do & are actually allowed by teachers to do so, that is how he was hacked & how a non friend took all his things & got his password. change the Password and tell him "don't give it out this time" ( I wouldn't let him know it for a while either just till you build it up again. If you set up his wish list on his mypage it will help real friends to know what to send as a gift. hope this is of some help. Sissy

---------- a3doglife added 3 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Oh, the same thing happened to my little nephew at school. we thought he played at home and had been sending all rare items and wondered why he never sent back a thank you Until it was tracked down that school doesn't clear passwords... so moral-less kids do mean things.

Last edited by a3doglife; 12-03-2008 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #24

Maeffy is on a distinguished road

The thing to also look at what when was the last time your son actually used his account. some kids don't log on but once a month. I do scouting & have found out as I put my scouts on my friends list & send them presents everyonce & a while. And I find out from them that some hardly check their accounts or go in active bursts.

Ok, don't worry at all about Kinzchat plus. I think that SOME nasty kids & adults, find out user names, & then try to log them in & see if the password is the same as the username.. as is often the case w/ kids.. This is cruel, theft & wrong. So make sure password is something else.

Next point to help. 1 account (say your son's if hacked) can send 3 THREE items to a "friend" on thier list a day. They can also "trade" 3 items to any user in trading room per day. So in theory 6 items could have gone out to any 1 account a day. My family currently has 4 accounts. Some nasty jerk may have more than 1 account also, & given they might have more than 1 day, they would take advantage of this everyday, until their greed eases or they move on to something else.

Pester GANZ as we all know in general they deserve it.. & I hope you can get what you need.

Clear out his 'friends" list. have him reask his REAL friends & family their user names, & then he can KEEP those, & go ahead & get rid of any he doesn't know in real life & hasn't had a long term WW relationship with. My kids have some friends from when they 1st joined & don't know who they are, but some people have been steady game players & gift exchangers w/ them so we feel they are ok.. but all those other ones the kids just feel all overjoyed w/ the invites & clicked YES to become friends, go ahead & get rid of... this way some problems are elimanated... but also now that your password is changed, & is hopefully secure, it doesn't matter who is in friends, as just because they are a friend does NOT mean they can enter your WW home & take stuff.

I would suggest that you continue w/ your relationship on this site hear, & put in your 25 post & time & then put your request post into the Gift Trainie section, & that way you can get some good trades for things here.

Sorry your famiily is having to deal w/ this. Sad about the little guys feelings. Just try to remove focus in front of him on your efforts w/ Ganz. Let him know that you can make more money & get prizes everyday. And of course Grandma & You are feader accounts to the kids.. so soon he will be back to decorating. Also then some Webkinz cards (with prize codes), & figures, Xmas ornaments, & the lip gloss stuff & some new pets or clothes (holiday outfits look awesome); carriers etc will all bring him joy & add things to his account too.
Maeffy is offline Female
Old 12-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #25

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

Hi,

First of all, welcome to webkinz insider.

I would like to say how sorry I am to hear that YES, your son got hacked.

Unfortunately, this is probably going to be a learning experience, but, hopefully, you may be able to contact GANZ and see what they can do.

Here a few things right now.....

POST a few more messages on here...(non fluff ones...just kind of like reply to some of the things people have said...once you have TEN posts/messages...the count number is under you name---you can SEND and RECEIVE PRIVATE MESSAGES---aka--PM). I can PM you the supervisor contact I have....this is from GANZ/webkinz...PLEASE do not give this info out...as this is not a person who needs to be flooded with calls every time they do maintenance and are closed for a few hours, and needs to hear..."Hello? Your website is closed....why??" 20,000 times---yeah, it would happen if it was posted.

Also, right now, while those contacts that have left THANK YOU notes are in your son's INBOX...WRITE DOWN the info...SCREEN SHOT/PRINT SCREEN too if you can....this will help them track who it is that sent the item/hacked your account....see, those people can DELETE your son's info...then those INBOX thank you notes will read "FROM SOMEONE who is no longer on your contact list"....this will NOT help them....IF you have NOT deleted those names....do NOT yet....wait until you have a way to figure out who was doing that....pull up the kinzchat or the kinzpost list...and PRINT that off as well....figure out WHO is people you KNOW, and WHO is not....see how fast you can get in touch with GANZ and have them check things out.....if you need to delete these people, see if you can lock the account before you delete the names....if YOU have an account, then MAIL and TRADE as many of those items as you can that are still on there that have value...Pet Specific items, RARES, and such...this will help prevent someone else from stealing them, and you can always send them back---but, if someone has ANY of your son's pet codes...they can REHACK into the account EVEN if you changed the password.

About that REHACKING thing...FIND EVERY pet code NOW....make sure your son did not lose any, take any to SCHOOL, a friends house to "prove" he really had a retired pet/new pet.....as that is a common way to LOSE a pet code tag...and there have been a FEW adults that have STOLEN used tags, and contacted webkinz and told them that they were THEIR kids pets but they didn't work, so they FAXED them to webkinz, and webkinz LOCKED the other account that HAD the original pet code....and it was a nightmare.....those people lost so much....but, they can also hack into the account, and CHANGE the password saying they FORGOT Their user name/and password....which is a shame as they make it WAY too easy for hackers.

ONCE you have your 10 posts, please PM me.....I will give you the contact info for the supervisor.....explain to them all the info....have as MUCH of the info I explained to you to try to get ON HAND when you call and have it WITH you for when they call ....if they DO call and you are at work/out in public, realize that this is NOT a secure conversation....explain that to them.....so you can try to limit some of your information your are giving out on the phone....so, (as much as I hate to say that their are dishonest adults out there.....their are.....) this cycle does not continue.

I hope some of this info helps......

fluffrnuttr.....

ps---anything I can help you with from here, please just let me know....I should be off and on most of tomorrow, and part of THIS evening.

also, GANZ is open a little after 8am EST - 5pm EST most days of the week....m-f.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #26

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by CindyMommy
No, nothing specific about users of kinzchat plus being more accessible to hackers...BUT, most people set up their passwords in a form that's easy to remember (pet's name, favorite movie star, etc.) and if you get information from someone (especially a child) it might be easier for someone to guess, don't you think?
Oh I never thought of that. But you are right. Kids that pick out their own passwords would be an easy target. And narrowing it down could be pretty easy. You would think GANZ would have a 3 strikes your out...can't log in for 24hrs and an atuo-letter is emailed to owner of acct. about attempts made. This is what my online utility co. and bank does. Just a thought. Maybe it would help GANZ and victims from having to spend time, energy, stress, and etc. on people hacking and stealing.
bromsisa is offline Female
Closed