Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 04:23 AM   #1
allthatshimmerz
Webkinz :)

allthatshimmerz has disabled reputation

Default Unanswered: For everyone who opens multiple accounts to catch snowflakes....

What browser are you using to do so?

I always open 10 accounts at once and have always used IE for these kind of click & wins. Yesterday was the absolute worst day of my life in WW because of errors in their flash script code per a Windows error message. The windows literaly drained 75% of my system resources, which has never happened before. My high-speed computer was so slow that I finally gave up on everything in the Magical Forest. The wheels in Daily Activities barely crept along, and the Jumbleberries weren't shaking none too fast in those jars. I couldn't get my pets' rooms to load, and the last straw was when many of the activities stopped loading, such as attempting to get a W Coupon on my Deluxe U.S. accounts. Wouldn't even load and locked up WW completely. Did anyone else have these problems in IE?

Firefox always seems to handle Ganz' bad flash script much more efficiently, but it uses tabbed browsing instead of multiple windows placed side by side. Is there a workaround to this?

For users of Google Chrome and other browsers, which ones will allows multiplie windows side by side?

Thanks so much in advance for your help! I absolutely cannot live through another horrible day in WW like Saturday was. Also, I need to get some "real work" done on my computer while waiting for snowflakes, but the resource drain on my system when using IE won't permit it.
allthatshimmerz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 06:03 AM   #2
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: For everyone who opens multiple accounts to catch snowflakes....

I have been using IE also, and although it usually works well for me, I too have been having difficulties. Every so often, performing a simple action such as (as you mentioned) spinning a wheel, or changing the color on my Kinz chat phone will freeze the screen up, and the window will turn to Not Responding. Then, I'll wait about 3 minutes, and it will go back to normal. I'm not getting the error messages though. Hope this helps, and good luck with the snowflakes!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

You can still make multiple windows in firefox. Just open up firefoz and then press Ctrl + N. It will open a new window. Do that as many times as you need. Now for the part that will keep your computer from running slow. Make sure to use both of the login pages.

here are the links:
http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?...ser&aol=0&fs=1
http://66.48.69.102/loader4.php?go=l...ser&aol=0&fs=0

Just paste those urls into your address bars and you are good to go. Try and have about half of them on each link.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 01-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

10 windows is quite a lot. I have IE7 and I open 3-5 windows and stagger them in the background, and work at something else in front. I've caught too many snowflakes to count already. Try fewer windows so that you eye has a better chance of catching the movement with your peripheral vision.
Make sure that the WW room is uncluttered without moving parts, small rooms work best because of the larger blue background.
Your 10 accounts are likely on different servers, rotate them till you find the most productive accounts, and use only those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgWinterfest.jpg (302.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Webberlily; 01-24-2010 at 12:21 PM..
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 01-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
People say I'm
Gifted

2webkinzdude is a splendid one to behold2webkinzdude is a splendid one to behold2webkinzdude is a splendid one to behold2webkinzdude is a splendid one to behold

I use Safari on a Mac, Server 12 or 15 in WW, still no snowflakes!

View Post Originally Posted by 2webkinzdude
I use Safari on a Mac, Server 12 or 15 in WW, still no snowflakes!
Right now, I have two computers up. My new MacBook Pro, and an old HP desktop. I have the MacBook Pro for webkinz, and Hp for WI. I look at my MacBook Pro evey time I type on the desktop computer.

Last edited by 2webkinzdude; 01-24-2010 at 12:44 PM..
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
allthatshimmerz

Well, I'm down to 3 windows open in IE and am still having the same problems, still getting the same flash script error message from Windows. WW is running at a snail's pace, particularly the Magical Forest which is virually unuseable. Worse yet, none of my rooms will load unless the last room I visited was virtually empty of furniture.

I've cleared cache and rebooted numerous times. Adobe Flash is up to date. I run a system monitoring program in the background and it clearly shows the WW/IE drain on my system's resources. My computer normally has more RAM than I've ever needed. It's a custom build that is less than a year old, so I know the computer is not the problem. With proper programming, I used to be able to run 10 accounts open at the same time on IE and still be able to work on Excel or Word, surf the web, do email, etc.

I tried ClaraZ's suggestion of hitting Control-N to open multiple windows of Firefox, but it's not working. Additonal tabs load instead of additional windows/copies of Firefox. Is there a way to turn off tabbed browsing in Firefox?

Please, any additional suggestions or help? I've attached a jpg of the flash script error message from two days ago when the snowflakes first started flying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgflash script error.JPG (85.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #7
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

I've been using Firefox with 3 open windows and everything is just perfect..UNLESS I try to move a window from one place to another. If I try to reposition a window when I have the three WW open, everything freezes until I control alt delete and EVERY window crashes and disappears...
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 01-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #8
allthatshimmerz

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
I've been using Firefox with 3 open windows and everything is just perfect..UNLESS I try to move a window from one place to another. If I try to reposition a window when I have the three WW open, everything freezes until I control alt delete and EVERY window crashes and disappears...
I've resorted to doing my dailies and some of the activities in Firefox because it seems to work moderately better than IE. It's a bit slower and sometimes it crashes same as you are experiencing, which it never did before they introduced the flash script for the snowflakes. I don't think it likes Ganz' code but simply seems to handle the problem a littler better than IE.

How are getting multiple copies of Firefox to run? That's what I'm unable to do. Whenever I try to open additional copies, more tabs load instead of a second or third copy of Firefox. I don't know how to turn off the tabbed browsing feature.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
Web Records!

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

I always use Firefox. It used to be that the address given for opening multiple accounts wouldn't work for me (it would just sit spinning at 0% loaded), so I finally resorted to opening one window in Firefox and one in IE. I don't really like using IE, since I can't minimize the window and have to just slide it way over to the right so that the ads and such aren't visible.

More recently one of the addresses for multiple accounts as started to work, albeit still slow on loading (but at least it does finally). I don't use tabbed browsing for it, I simply open a second Firefox window (click on Firefox again for a new window) and paste in the following: http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?...ser&aol=0&fs=0

Doing that now allows me to have a couple separate windows open. I couldn't possibly follow 10 at once though, maybe 4 if I got them arranged just right!
WebCats139 is offline Female
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #10
OW - I love fall!
Gift Guru

Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

Hey AllThatShimmerz!

I use Firefox as well and have five or six of the family's accounts open at once but I did notice that if I have my main large account open it would lock up my computer.

I use http://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?...ser&aol=0&fs=0 in each new window I open by clicking on the Firefox icon (not opening a new tab).

So I have decided to have my main account open waiting for snowflakes while I do our dailies on the other accounts. Then I switch to having multiple lesser accounts open and it has worked for me.

Good Luck in your hunt for the elusive Snowflakes!
Red Fire is offline Female
Closed