Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #31
sallycinderella
Webkinz :)

gracedarling is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Everyone READ and let's show Ganz there error and get them to correct it!

View Post Originally Posted by crosses
I appreciate all the things Ganz does for us. It is a business!! & if they don't make money they can't pay all the employees who answer the thousands of calls they get a day, or fix the glitches, or come up with new ideas for new items & program all the new things into the computer. I would hate to be in their shoes and have to listen to people whining & complaining all the time and know that no one appreciates their efforts to make us all happy. Have you heard the old saying "You can't make everyone happy, all the time" Well they are trying to make millions of people happy & I personally think they are doing a pretty good job of that! I am happy just to have Webkinz to come home to and help me relax. I've also met some really nice people through Webkinz and made some really good friends. Look at all the new and exciting things they've added lately for us. There is always going to be someone who doesn't like something, But the majority does, so I beg of you, please don't ruin it for the rest of us. I know when someone is impossible to please, I give up and quit trying. I hope they don't ever quit trying cause I wouldn't know what to do without it. Take a minute to think about what they go through.
I have to say that I kind of disagree with you here. I mean, I totally agree in that they are a buisness, and as such, they need to make a decent amount of money! I have no problem with them making money.

However, for the money they are making, it is only right that their customers ask for a decent level of service. That is, both in the area of the website and what is offered there, & whether those things are actually working or not ... and of customer service.

I think Ganz could put a lot more time and money into their website, and still get a huge, huge amount of profit. And sadly, if they don't do that soon, I worry that they will lose customers ... and if that happens, I have to worry about how long webkinz will last!

They have so much of an advantage over virtual pet sites that are virtual only - they have a huge amount of money making potential in the plushies - yet, I have to say, I have seen other sites being run on hardly any money, but that work better, and have better customer service, than webkinz ever has!

If the plushies were ripped when we bought them, wouldn't we take them back, and complain to customer services at the shop they were bought in??

Last edited by gracedarling; 09-21-2008 at 02:01 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 02:22 AM   #32
1smiley

Default Re: Everyone READ and let's show Ganz there error and get them to correct it!

When the leaves first started falling after midnight on that first day, I was on webkinz world trying to put together a room theme for a contest on another web site. The leaves were falling like every minute. When I logged off after about an hour, I had six sweaters, four knit hats, eight place mats, two maple trees, four pumpkin soups and 3 straw plant like things I don't have a name for. Some of the leaves I let pass by me because I was in the middle of doing something else. Since that night I have seen maybe one a day and it usually moves too fast for me to catch it. I think the leaves were falling too fast when they first launched them, and in an attempt to slow them down, something went wrong in the programming to where they basically stopped. I'm sure Ganz is aware of the problem. Maybe they will extend the leaves a few more days once the program works properly to give everyone a fair chance.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:25 AM   #33
ishing for

Sailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by crosses
I appreciate all the things Ganz does for us. It is a business!! & if they don't make money they can't pay all the employees who answer the thousands of calls they get a day, or fix the glitches, or come up with new ideas for new items & program all the new things into the computer. I would hate to be in their shoes and have to listen to people whining & complaining all the time and know that no one appreciates their efforts to make us all happy. Have you heard the old saying "You can't make everyone happy, all the time" Well they are trying to make millions of people happy & I personally think they are doing a pretty good job of that! I am happy just to have Webkinz to come home to and help me relax. I've also met some really nice people through Webkinz and made some really good friends. Look at all the new and exciting things they've added lately for us. There is always going to be someone who doesn't like something, But the majority does, so I beg of you, please don't ruin it for the rest of us. I know when someone is impossible to please, I give up and quit trying. I hope they don't ever quit trying cause I wouldn't know what to do without it. Take a minute to think about what they go through.
I have appreciated Ganz and supported Ganz for so long. I can't even sit here long enough to make a list of all the things wrong with mine and my daughter's account that has yet to be fixed. In fact, I have never even called about one single thing for them to fix until last month when it finally amounted out to be too much. When no one in my household had access to the clubhouse on their accounts, I never put a word to Ganz about it and instead insured my kid that I'm sure they're working on it and we will join when they get it fixed. That was my answer to everything gone wrong, yet I never placed a call until last month.
I've met plenty of friends playing WW, enjoy the site itself and even this forum, but I have to say there is a time when enough is enough. No one is ruining anything for you. We all know Ganz has employees that works hard and they come up with great things for kids and adults to have fun with. I personally expect there to be glitches (what computer program doesn't?)and have said it not too long ago in other posts that I know these glitches and such are not intentional and that it will eventually be fixed but you will just have to understand where the fustration is coming from.
There is a significantly large crowd here making the same complaints so it's really not a case about one person being whiny about one thing and another person being whiny about another thing. Of course one can never make everyone happy, but when it's a large crowd making the same common complaint? That's a clue that something is wrong here and that's when it's time to listen to the crowd with an open ear and open mind and hear the complaint. In Ganz's case, it's their customers who DO pay their hard earn money for them or their kids to use this fun service. When it ends up being more fustrating then fun and we are paying for it? You bet there will be people with something to say.
I'm glad you're thrilled that Ganz and their employess comes up with all of these neat things for you. It seems like a majority of those things are going well for you and I'm glad for you. : ) As for myself and a bunch of others, it is not. In fact, a majority of the complaints are that Ganz keeps coming out with new things without fixing their old problems. In my case personally, there are alot of features that do not work on mine or my daughter's accounts at all (again, I haven't mentioned it to Ganz b/c I believe they will get on it soon) and now they came out with the vacation which we love and enjoy and think they did a great job with BUT my daughter and I can not get into Coral Cove at all and take part in this wonderful clubhouse and parties we hear they have going on. It's certainly not fair in the eyes of my very young daughter who sees the advertisement telling her what fun Coral Cove is and how fun it is when a party breaks out there. It's also not fair in her eyes when her friends are able to get in and she is not.....and she's right. Again, I have YET to complain to Ganz about it though! Now comes the Fall Festival with it's advertisement promise of fun and to be ready on the 18th! We've been waiting almost a year for this time in WW! My daughter was ready and was disappointed with the no leaf show and I had to once again explain to her it's something else not working. 4 days now into Fall Fest and nothing is better about it. I like many others feel it's just about the icing on the cake where we say enough already and have to say something, so yes, I finally placed a call.
A very large amount of members here have alot of the same complaint about the icing on the cake here and again, it's a clue that there is something commonly going wrong here and the open mind and ears need to be open to figure out how to go about rectifying it. Again no one is ruining anything for you, in fact, I respect that you are enjoying everything in WW as is. You will just have to respect that there are also many who are not and having trouble trying to enjoy it and really want to. Even if I was a part of the group where nothing has gone wrong in my account enough to make me feel a complaint is warranted, I would still find a good deal of everyone else's complaint here completely legit and warranted and respect how they feel.

Now speaking for myself only(though again, this is the jist of what a great deal here & elsewhere is voicing their opinion about), I personally feel if Ganz and their employees such as the creators and techs can take a percentage of their efforts they use to make those new trading cards, Webkinz plushes, future activities in WW, design new items for WW or the E-Store items for us to buy buy buy and put that percentage of efforts towards attending to and fixing in the very least the major complaints going on about common problems, then maybe a good deal of us won't be fed up when 1 more things goes wrong like the Fall Festival and instead we can enjoy what we'd all like to enjoy and even overlook it's minor glitches and hiccups while doing so.

---------- Sailor added 10 Minutes and 4 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by gracedarling
I have to say that I kind of disagree with you here. I mean, I totally agree in that they are a buisness, and as such, they need to make a decent amount of money! I have no problem with them making money.

However, for the money they are making, it is only right that their customers ask for a decent level of service. That is, both in the area of the website and what is offered there, & whether those things are actually working or not ... and of customer service.

I think Ganz could put a lot more time and money into their website, and still get a huge, huge amount of profit. And sadly, if they don't do that soon, I worry that they will lose customers ... and if that happens, I have to worry about how long webkinz will last!

They have so much of an advantage over virtual pet sites that are virtual only - they have a huge amount of money making potential in the plushies - yet, I have to say, I have seen other sites being run on hardly any money, but that work better, and have better customer service, than webkinz ever has!

If the plushies were ripped when we bought them, wouldn't we take them back, and complain to customer services at the shop they were bought in??

WOW!!! You have said just about everything I have said in my post shortly after yours except You did it wonderfully with MUCH less words! I just basically wrote a book trying to say what you said!

... and exactly, they are a business and we are in business with them, if the business where our money is going into is not up to par to me as an individual and you as an individual and whomever else as an idividual, then eventually I will want to pull my money and my business out and so will you and others. This is what I meant in my post about Ganz neglecting to attend to common complaints and problems b/c in return the common will lose faith and carry on elsewhere eventually. I personally want to be able to stay and enjoy the site and would like to see everyone else stay, but Ganz is starting to make it hard for me to and I can't blame anyone else who wants to carry on elsewhere.

Last edited by Sailor; 09-21-2008 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2008, 03:54 AM   #34
ILuvLilRascals

I love Webkinz and read everything I can about them. Webkinz World is valued at $2 billion with 6.4 million visitors a month. What makes their success amazing is that they have done this without any advertising. It is all word of mouth. Webkinz World started in Canada and, thanks to our neighbors up north, extended it to America and many countries around the world. Now, when you look at 6.4 million users a month, there are bound to be glitches as software engineers work at debugging and creating new software capable of handling that kind of user load. I have no problem waiting for the bugs to be worked out, but I don't like the lack of communication on Ganz's part. I cannot understand why they don't put in their "bulletinz" what is happening with the clubhouse, why some people can get in and others can't,and what they are working on. It would avoid all of the frustration I see on this site.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #35
javagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I also agree. I have been waiting so long for these leaves that never come.

I love the fact the Ganz keeps adding new stuff to keep our attention and our money, but they need to fix the current glitches before adding more stuff. All the are doing is adding more glitches. This Please Wait... is driving me insane.
javagirl is offline Female
Old 09-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #36
sallycinderella

gracedarling is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh, sailor!
Yep I totally agree with what you said! (obviously ha!)

View Post Originally Posted by ILuvLittleRasca
I have no problem waiting for the bugs to be worked out, but I don't like the lack of communication on Ganz's part. I cannot understand why they don't put in their "bulletinz" what is happening with the clubhouse, why some people can get in and others can't,and what they are working on. It would avoid all of the frustration I see on this site.
Oh I so agree! If they would jsut communicate with us regularly about what is actually happening behind the scenes, like other virtual pet sites I have used before. They could use their bulletinz soooo much better! I think in any business, communication with the customers is vital! Particuarly I think it's a really bad business decision on their part to put out communications which make it sound like they are blaming users for their glitches.

I was on another site for a while, and they had a forum, similar to this, where members could communicate with staff members (some drawn from members themselves, voluntarily) and get answers to problems they are having on the site, etc. Now wouldn't that be an idea to consider??!!??

I cannot call ganz because it would cost a fortune calling from the uk, so I am stuck with email, where all I ever get is form replies ... or the comments section on webkinz, where I get no replies at all. Not helpful, and certainly it doesn't build any kind of positive relationship with the customer.

*sigh*
Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #37
crosses
Gift Guru

crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by ILuvLittleRasca
I love Webkinz and read everything I can about them. Webkinz World is valued at $2 billion with 6.4 million visitors a month. What makes their success amazing is that they have done this without any advertising. It is all word of mouth. Webkinz World started in Canada and, thanks to our neighbors up north, extended it to America and many countries around the world. Now, when you look at 6.4 million users a month, there are bound to be glitches as software engineers work at debugging and creating new software capable of handling that kind of user load. I have no problem waiting for the bugs to be worked out, but I don't like the lack of communication on Ganz's part. I cannot understand why they don't put in their "bulletinz" what is happening with the clubhouse, why some people can get in and others can't,and what they are working on. It would avoid all of the frustration I see on this site.
Excellent Point. I agree it would help a lot if they would inform people of the problems and help everyone understand why certain things happen to some and not to others.
crosses is offline Female
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #38
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Hmm... maybe we should start a petition...
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 09-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #39
You can call me Meg
Gift Guru

147<3 is a name known to all147<3 is a name known to all147<3 is a name known to all

i disagree. its only a game and anyways, without ganz there would be NO webkinz and NO WI. their running a multi-BILLION dollar company (i tihnk....lol). no ones perfect.

---------- 147&lt;3 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

i dont tihnk your allowed to start petitions on wi.

Last edited by 147<3; 09-22-2008 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
147<3 is offline Female
Closed