Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
superdusty
Gift Guru
 
swordfish's Avatar
swordfish is a WIzard
swordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzard

Default Unanswered: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

Hi All,

I hope that you are having a lovely evening.

I had a question that maybe you can help me out with. I've been enjoying being scared by the ghost on the boat in the "Don't Rock the Boat" game for a long, long time now. Every once in while I was able to find a treasure map piece instead.

Click the image to open in full size.


When I tried after the latest Webkinz changes; I get the message:

Click the image to open in full size.

Does anyone know if this is the way Ganz intended this very long term goal to be achieved? First I was told that if bough a pet I could play this part of Webkinz. I could go to Vacation Island every 24 hours and it woud cost 500 KC for a ticket each time I wanted to go. So I bought into that. Then when Deluxe Membership came out; I was told if I bought that I would receive 1 free vacation ticket per month. So I bought into that. But recently when I cancelled my deluxe membership I got the message above which states that I have to spend even more money on yet another Deluxe Membership to collect this rare treasure. I could no longer go for 500 KC. Well, if that is the way Ganz wants to treat me; I say "No thanks!"

Thanks all for listening and any help or comments you have. I'll still be by here and there to play the other parts of Webkinz that I've been enjoying for years.

Have a great day!
Swordfish
Attached Images
File Type: jpgSo Close.jpg (87.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: pngVacation Island Deluxe Now.png (194.2 KB, 64 views)
swordfish is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
wacky records
Banned
mememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyond
mememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyondmememe1000 goes above and beyond

Default Re: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

Yes sadly Ganz has made the Vacation Island Deluxe only now. Its so frustrating! UGH
mememe1000 is offline Male
Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Gifted
 
nata8866's Avatar
nata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truth
nata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truthnata8866 climbs the tree of truth

Default Re: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

Yes, and it's very unfair. I am a Deluxe member myself, but I still think it is ridiculous to take a nice feature away from regular players who have been playing it all this time and trying to collect those treasure map pieces... this was something promised to all Webkinz members before, and I really don't think they should have taken it away. Paying 500 KC and giving it to Deluxe members for free is fine and actually makes sense - now it is gone completely unless you pay for a full upgraded membership.

I'm a little disappointed at Ganz for this. It really doesn't tempt me to be Deluxe again - I am so sorry that you could not complete your treasure map too.
nata8866 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
Lil Kinz
Morgona is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

What that means is that webkinz thanks you so much that they are giving you a free gift

Probably for spending a lot of kinzcash

Probably for being a member

Last edited by Morgona; 10-24-2012 at 09:50 PM..
Morgona is offline Female
Old 10-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Webkinz :)
 
Corderosa's Avatar
Corderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

So not cool! I really am dissapointed in Ganz with this move! I believe that anyone should be able to go on Vacation no matter what there social status - much like the REAL WORLD! This move is so NOT cool!
Corderosa is offline
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Tigereyegirl
Webkinz :)
 
Tigereyegirl's Avatar
Tigereyegirl has a spectacular aura aboutTigereyegirl has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

I also agree, this move doesn't make sense in my opinion I am *usually* a deluxe member and right now am working on several challenges that require me to play Treasures of the Crystal Sea (the island arcade game) and there have been others that required you to feed your pet Fools Gold Chocolate or spin the Vacation Wheel. How are other players supposed to complete these challenges??

I agree that making the vacation free to play for deluxe while regular members have to pay would have made sense, it would have added another perk to the deluxe accounts (which aren't actually really that special besides the extra stuff for sale at the Curio shop and the discounted prices at the eStore!). I hate to say it but it looks like Ganz is trying to up its sales of deluxe account memberships by making it so users have to be deluxe in order to finish their challenges
Tigereyegirl is offline Female
Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
superdusty
Gift Guru
 
swordfish's Avatar
swordfish is a WIzard
swordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzardswordfish is a WIzard

Default Re: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

View Post Originally Posted by mememe1000
Yes sadly Ganz has made the Vacation Island Deluxe only now. Its so frustrating! UGH
View Post Originally Posted by nata8866
Yes, and it's very unfair. I am a Deluxe member myself, but I still think it is ridiculous to take a nice feature away from regular players who have been playing it all this time and trying to collect those treasure map pieces... this was something promised to all Webkinz members before, and I really don't think they should have taken it away. Paying 500 KC and giving it to Deluxe members for free is fine and actually makes sense - now it is gone completely unless you pay for a full upgraded membership.

I'm a little disappointed at Ganz for this. It really doesn't tempt me to be Deluxe again - I am so sorry that you could not complete your treasure map too.
View Post Originally Posted by Morgona
What that means is that webkinz thanks you so much that they are giving you a free gift

Probably for spending a lot of kinzcash


Probably for being a member
View Post Originally Posted by Corderosa
So not cool! I really am dissapointed in Ganz with this move! I believe that anyone should be able to go on Vacation no matter what there social status - much like the REAL WORLD! This move is so NOT cool!
View Post Originally Posted by Tigereyegirl
I also agree, this move doesn't make sense in my opinion I am *usually* a deluxe member and right now am working on several challenges that require me to play Treasures of the Crystal Sea (the island arcade game) and there have been others that required you to feed your pet Fools Gold Chocolate or spin the Vacation Wheel. How are other players supposed to complete these challenges??

I agree that making the vacation free to play for deluxe while regular members have to pay would have made sense, it would have added another perk to the deluxe accounts (which aren't actually really that special besides the extra stuff for sale at the Curio shop and the discounted prices at the eStore!). I hate to say it but it looks like Ganz is trying to up its sales of deluxe account memberships by making it so users have to be deluxe in order to finish their challenges
Hi All,

Thanks all for your very helpful answers.

I don't mind Ganz adding new features that are pay as you go or new deluxe only features, but this is the equivalent of buying a bag of potato chips at the food store, eating half of the bag and then having the food store say "You'll have to pay more if you'd like to enjoy the rest of that bag of chips that you already paid for."

Thanks for adding your info about the challenges not being able to be completed. I'm sorry that they can't be finished now as they were originally intented to be. I'll include the challenges too in my report to Ganz on this important issue. I really like your idea of 500 KC to go on vacation for non-deluxe members and free for deluxe members. Hopefully we will get an answer from Ganz soon.

Thanks again everyone.

Have a great evening!
Swordfish
swordfish is offline Female
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #8
Webkinz :)
 
WHHS2002's Avatar
WHHS2002 is a jewel in the roughWHHS2002 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

i havent sent my pet on vacation for a long time because it got boring. i only send them when I have to for a challenge. but yes its not fair for those who want to but cant because they aren't a membership. it was a bad idea for Ganz to do this time around
WHHS2002 is offline Female
Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Webkinz :)
 
Corderosa's Avatar
Corderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond reputeCorderosa has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: A Don't Rock the Boat / Vacation Island Question

Gotta be Deluxe now to "Rock the Boat"
Corderosa is offline
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts