Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
oo hoo! I ♥ my
Webkinz :)

kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!

Default Answered: Does having a "pup" count toward the Dog's Best Friend Badge on MyPage?

Hi everyone The title pretty much says it all. Yesterday I was looking at my badges and then realized that although I have a Peppermint Pup and Mocha Pup, I don't have the Dog's Best Friend badge.

Do you guys think this is a glitch or do "pups" not count as dogs?

Thanks for any opinions
kcbkat is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by kcbkat
View Post Originally Posted by ~Kiwi~
Only some pets give you the badge, I had lots of dogs, but only when i got my yellow lab did i get the badge. I think that ganz has programmed really popular and/or real dogs to give you the badge. Same with feline companion badge, I have lots of cats, but only when i got my siamese did i get the badge
View Post Originally Posted by alleine
The Birthstone dogs don't seem to count as Dogs... probably because they are categorized under Fantasy animals or eStore instead. Same with some of the other animals listed above...
Only the cats and dogs that have real-life counterparts count towards those badges (so for example a Pom-Pom Kittie or a Blueberry Cheeky Dog wouldn't count).
Thanks guys That makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Default Re: Does having a "pup" count toward the Dog's Best Friend Badge on MyPage?

Hmmm....Collie, German Shepherd, Schnauzer etc don't say "dog" after them, so I'm not sure why those pups wouldn't count. So although that's not much of an answer, that might be a good question to ask Ganz about.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 08-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #3

~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Does having a "pup" count toward the Dog's Best Friend Badge on MyPage?

Only some pets give you the badge, I had lots of dogs, but only when i got my yellow lab did i get the badge. I think that ganz has programmed really popular and/or real dogs to give you the badge. Same with feline companion badge, I have lots of cats, but only when i got my siamese did i get the badge
~Kiwi~ is offline Female
Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
kirby the puff ball

kirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talentkirby153785 has lots of talent

yes i believe it does
kirby153785 is offline Male
Old 08-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #5

MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!

Well, I would assume they did. They are technically still dogs. It's the same animal. SO yes i would guess that it does count towards it.

-Missy...<3
MissSimplicity is offline Female
Old 08-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds
Delilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all odds

I have the same problem but with the birds. I don't have a bird webbie unless blufadoodle counts... OH well.
Next time you get a dog webkinz, check if you got the badge or not
Delilah is offline Female
Old 08-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
:D imma be a

Googles665 is a jewel in the roughGoogles665 is a jewel in the rough

yes i think that they would count.
Googles665 is offline Female
Old 08-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

The Birthstone dogs don't seem to count as Dogs... probably because they are categorized under Fantasy animals or eStore instead. Same with some of the other animals listed above...
Only the cats and dogs that have real-life counterparts count towards those badges (so for example a Pom-Pom Kittie or a Blueberry Cheeky Dog wouldn't count).
alleine is offline Female
Old 08-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
I love giraffes!

ginagiraffe is a jewel in the roughginagiraffe is a jewel in the rough

Hmm..Not sure why you didn't get the badge, you should ask Ganz
ginagiraffe is offline Female
Old 08-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
oo hoo! I ♥ my

kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by ~Kiwi~
View Post Originally Posted by alleine
Thanks guys That makes sense.
kcbkat is offline Female
Closed