Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #51
♥ 2 c ww homes
Gift Guru

Trouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Dock Limits?

Ganz says not to have more than 100 items in your dock..
I've heard of people losing items who had over 100 items..
Trouble is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2008, 06:38 AM   #52
jpsmilegirl
Gift Guru

Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!

ok, if you look back at plumpy's advice all the way to Oct 7, 2006, this is the article she wrote about the issue:

Click the image to open in full size.

and that is all it is. they aren't going thru and deleting all your items, it isn't a Rule... they just recomend it so that your webkinz world will load better and you will have a more enjoyable webkinz experience.
Flame Boy is offline Female
Old 12-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #53
slc1965
Webkinz :)
slc1965 is on a distinguished road

My sister have over 600 in food alone in her docking station and probably about another 100 of the other items. I have almost 900 items in my docking station. I also know my son had over 1000 at one time. We took and sold off the garden food for additional money. None of us have seen any problems other than it may be a bit slow when loading the items from the station since there are so many.
slc1965 is offline Female
Old 12-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #54

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Flame Boy
ok, if you look back at plumpy's advice all the way to Oct 7, 2006, this is the article she wrote about the issue:

and that is all it is. they aren't going thru and deleting all your items, it isn't a Rule... they just recomend it so that your webkinz world will load better and you will have a more enjoyable webkinz experience.

Yes every piece of info I have found is a suggestion and not a rule. I only want to create a solid list of suggestions/rules/rumors because there are many that claim suggestions/rumors as rules.

And if Ganz is tell ing anyone to clean their dock, as they have to 2 people so far, than I feel everyone should be educated on this and other topics. There are more than enough people putting unneeded fear into others and state alot of things things as rules.

I only want clarifation. Thanks for the upload.

---------- bromsisa added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
broomisa, sounds like a great idea to me. and i think we should all email ganz and ask them to make storage for coupons and wallpaper/floors. if they get enohg of them, maybe they will do this. and i agree, its a always a suggestion on ganz part............... never a rule. so it is mamby pamby , like a politician never commiting. i really want a commintment what the rules are. i love my hobby and i dont want to loose the happiness i get from it. i have to try to capture the email and make a file. please pm me and ask to be my frined so i will have you there to ask for help if i need it , to make the file. tht wuld be helpful. all of us really need to KNOW THE RULES. or make them make the rules.
Okay I will do this, but I have about 3 little ones and their friends running around playing...so I will have to do this tonight.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-13-2008 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-14-2008, 01:46 AM   #55
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Flame Boy

I appreiate what you are saying .............. i do. and if i didnt have my email that plainly told me i was having trouble with my account due to having over 100 items in my dock (which btw, was not true, but it was what ganz cs was telling me) i would believe what you do too. that is why if you search the threads i have started, many of them are about how pwoples accts are working after they have 100 rooms or 100 pets ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, because after i got that email i became hesitant to call ganz about any problem i had, since they said it was my dock. and now i read all the items so many of wi members have, and my dock is nothing compared to most of you. so ganz is being mamby pamby. your upload prooves it. in public they seem to be mamby pamby but to many of us in private emails they are very explicit. so i know why all of us are confused. i dont want my hobby ruined by some ganz cs rep that has his own version of the rule or suggestion. i am very confused why so many of us are getting different answers and it is not right.

im hoping soon i can capture a screen shot of my email and send the file to someone. i am not computer literate whatsoever so this is not easy for me to figurre out, especially with bad eyes and chronic headaches. but its worth it to try to put together a thread, what is being discussed
and i think your upload here is a great addition to that thread if it ever gets made........... thank you for finding that and uploading it.
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 12-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #56
Can you C mE?

ainbowraycanape is on a distinguished road

Well, I think you already have your answer, but just to be helpful, I think I would throw in ONE LAST TIME that you should have a maximum of 100 items in your dock. If you have more, you should:
1. Buy a storage room with dressers, fridges, and leftover furniture.
2. Go through your dock, and with the things you do not want,
a. sell them if they are regular food or wshop items
b. put them in your house if it is furniture
c. feed it to your pet if it is common food
d. send them to a friend if you are feeling generous
3. WIth everything left that you do want that does not have a place in your house, if it is clothes put it on a cold pet and if it is furniture...what is the good of furniture besides keeping it in the house?
4. With coupons and coins, you should go on a big shopping spree to use it all up and then make an awesome room!

voila your dock has been cleared!

Quick tip for the future: Right after a big harvest, sell all of the food before you forget about it! I have 30-40 items in my dock currently and I have never lost a single item.

Good luck to you, and I hope that you do not lose any more of your things!

-ainbow
ainbowraycanape is offline Female
Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #57

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by ainbowraycanape
Well, I think you already have your answer, but just to be helpful, I think I would throw in ONE LAST TIME that you should have a maximum of 100 items in your dock. If you have more, you should:
1. Buy a storage room with dressers, fridges, and leftover furniture.
2. Go through your dock, and with the things you do not want,
a. sell them if they are regular food or wshop items
b. put them in your house if it is furniture
c. feed it to your pet if it is common food
d. send them to a friend if you are feeling generous
3. WIth everything left that you do want that does not have a place in your house, if it is clothes put it on a cold pet and if it is furniture...what is the good of furniture besides keeping it in the house?
4. With coupons and coins, you should go on a big shopping spree to use it all up and then make an awesome room!

voila your dock has been cleared!

Quick tip for the future: Right after a big harvest, sell all of the food before you forget about it! I have 30-40 items in my dock currently and I have never lost a single item.

Good luck to you, and I hope that you do not lose any more of your things!

-ainbow
I agree with selling the harvest ASAP. I don't feel it is needed to hold onto items that you intend to sell.(assuming that is what your intent is)

And many of is have not lost anything and are way over 100...but others have had diffrent experiences.

And there are items that you can't store and don't want to use and would prefer to hold in your dock for many reasons...coupons, coins (that you may be keeping in your dock as a form of savings or to send to extra accounts as needed for rares), floors, and walls. I certainly don't want to be pressured into a shopping spree for items I don't want. And frequently people will collect themes as they are on sale. And maybe they don't have enough $ for storage. It can get costly depending on how much and what kind of items are in your dock. So if 100 is the cap and ganz is telling some it is a must and publicly announcing it as a suggestion than there is no reason everyone should be overspending to store or selling and loosing KC.

But if things are going to start disappearing than as far as food is concerned it is cheaper not to store it. Only if you are the type of person that always buys sale food in bulk does creating a 'food' storage room makes great sense.

And for 'furniture'...there are plenty of rare floors and walls that people collect for trading purposes. Or they just haven't decided how they want to set a room up. We all don't go by the theme to create the 'presented room'. Especially when they already have that officail theme done in at least 1 room. For example I have 3 Ancient rooms with the walls and floors and furniture arranged in various ways, but after that I wanted to mix it up with other rares or with other walls and floors from the Wshop or Curio...my point is leaving these in your dock leads to alot of fun and creativity.

And seeing as you can't remove this 'furniture'...well they have to stay in your dock until you have found something in WW TRoom that you like(which isn't always easy) or until you have decided to trade here at WI after being gifted. I know that I stock piled from as many accounts as possible on rare floors and walls prior to appling here at the GE.

And I would prefer to save my coupons and buy pools as needed to send to extra accounts than pay 3,00-5,00KC for 3-5 yards to store 3-4 pools per yard to ship out on particular day.

What I am trying to say is that although I agree with some of what you have siad I think that people are better off feeding their pets and slowly down sizing the # of food items (whichis usually why the # is so high) and not buy anymore.

Than buy on an as needed basis. This would leave room for all the unstorable Rares and coupons and gifts (that some people wait to open...and/or hold onto to send kinzpost for a friend or families b-day/holiday/etc)

So although I agree with alot of what you are saying. It isn't that simple for everyone. Particularly if you are a big trader, collector, or have multiple accounts.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #58

MakNLFid is a jewel in the roughMakNLFid is a jewel in the rough

That's strange we have over 1500 items in our dock and no problems at all, except like someone else said sore hands from selling all the strawberries back!
MakNLFid is offline Female
Old 12-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #59
jml123456789

jj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to all

I have about 30 items in my dock. I clean it out once every 2 weeks. The items that are left I sell or give them away. Hope this helps.

Jordyn
jj887 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
100 dock, items limit