Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #41
Webkinz :)

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

Default Re: Dock Limits?

View Post Originally Posted by Red Fire
I currently have 152 pets and over 1200 items in my docks and the only thing that happens to me is a slower loading of my dock items. The slowest loading issues I have is in my gardens and my ARBY's room that is pretty full.

Although I am not a computer guru, I would think that the loading issues would depend on your computer speed and memory capability as well as the version of flash player you have. Because I know my laptop which is brand new is much faster at loading stuff on WW than my home computer which is about five years old.

As others have said maybe Ganz should come up with a way to store wallpapers and floors that people don't want to use yet.
I agree and I happen to have a very good copmuter and I am hooked up to a high speed system and I don't experience any issues...I also have widowwasher that cleans my computer everytime I close my windows....this is far easier than cleaning my cache manually. Again I have very few problems.

But there are some that feel that the reason Ganz has so many problems is because of people like me that have 300plus Webkinz, over 100 rooms, and usually keeps 400-500 items in my dock. Basically some people feel that those of us that have large accts. and/or alot in docks are the entire reason for all of Ganz tech. problems and etc.

So I am trying to be reasonable and take all views and opinions in to account and basically investigate what is really up, and why some do have problems and why others don't. The reports are very scatterd. And those that feel certain ways about these topics feel very strongly about them and state them as rules vs reccomendations. I mean there are people that have over a 1,000 in their dock and they have never recived any notice from Ganz nor lost anything.

However there are those with alot less and they heve recieved notices from Ganz. And to make it more confusing the reports as far as the dock is concern...people have reported everything from a 100--500 cap.

So it is very inclear as the why Ganz is sending such mixed messages. So my thinking is to compile as much solid evidence as possible in regards to what the really rules (if any) are and what is truly rumors. And if some rumors are true and real rules than I think WI members should know.

So far I haven't found anything in any part of the Ganz website that states any caps on anything. But because there are so many conflicting reports/thoughts/stating of their 'rules' on these topics I felt it would be nice to settle it once and for all.

So far this is the only official thread I have seen on any of these topics, but I have seen 'the rules'/rumors posted throughout various threads. Oh and I was the one that came up with the storage of floors and walls...it is nice to know that people liked the idea! I wasn't sure if I was going to be laughed at and that others would feel it was a ridiculious idea when I posting it....good to know that people are interested! And it is really nice to feel that my ideas won't be made fun of. Thanks

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-12-2008 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: typo
bromsisa is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #42

J Isabelle will become famous soon enough

Thank-you for the information. I filled up every refrigerator, sold some food items to the W-Shop and I still have 190 food items left over and a coupon. When I get my next Tinkerpup, I will have another refrigerator.

I'm also considering more double-size refrigerators. They cost $5 at the e-Store, hold fifteen food items and take up two squares of space. That would mean I would have to buy another large room. Maybe it would be better to sell more food items to the W-Shop.

If there is a limit on pets, I hope they give us the option to pick the pets we don't play with. I bought two pets because they were the pet-of-the-month and one pet because of the pet exclusive item. That pet exclusive item turned out to be a dud. Furthermore, if they limit the number of pets, they are preventing us from renewing our accounts.

Jeanette Isabelle

---------- J Isabelle added 7 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Red Fire
Although I am not a computer guru, I would think that the loading issues would depend on your computer speed and memory capability as well as the version of flash player you have.
I just recently built my latest computer and without getting into the technical details, let's just say that this machine is fast without having to buy the latest in cutting edge components. It's not my computer that's slowing me down; it's their server.

Female geeks rule!

Jeanette Isabelle

Last edited by J Isabelle; 12-12-2008 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
J Isabelle is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #43

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by J Isabelle
Thank-you for the information. I filled up every refrigerator, sold some food items to the W-Shop and I still have 190 food items left over and a coupon. When I get my next Tinkerpup, I will have another refrigerator.

I'm also considering more double-size refrigerators. They cost $5 at the e-Store, hold fifteen food items and take up two squares of space. That would mean I would have to buy another large room. Maybe it would be better to sell more food items to the W-Shop.

If there is a limit on pets, I hope they give us the option to pick the pets we don't play with. I bought two pets because they were the pet-of-the-month and one pet because of the pet exclusive item. That pet exclusive item turned out to be a dud. Furthermore, if they limit the number of pets, they are preventing us from renewing our accounts.

Jeanette Isabelle

---------- J Isabelle added 7 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

I just recently built my latest computer and without getting into the technical details, let's just say that this machine is fast without having to buy the latest in cutting edge components. It's not my computer that's slowing me down; it's their server.

Female geeks rule!

Jeanette Isabelle
I wouldn't sell your foods. If you haven't had any issues yet than use them and hold on buying more if you feel concern. And I don't know if you saw thefridge vs cooler breakdoen and the cost..wow. it is alot and I believe I based it on 181 items and to buy the cheapest wshop 'holders' you would spend 8,100?...can't remember exact KC, but the entire breakdown of cost is on this thread. And it includes the estore too. I have the fridge and love it!

I still have alot of food in my dock...more than you. But each day it keeps going down as I play. I figured that taking the risk with the food in particular wasn't that big of a deal. But that is just me.

And I have more than one acct. And on the other ones I have no more than 1-2 pets on each of them. These accts. load extremely fast. Whereas the 'biggy' acct is the slow one. So I it is really tough for me to say if it is WI or the actual size of the acct.

Do you have any other WW accts. that have less pets that you can compare with? I am not an expert computer tech. But I am certainly not computer illiterate either.

Anyway congrats on your tinkerpup! And I am sorry your item wasn't what you expected. That never feels good.

And I really don't see how they could limit or take away pets that have already been adopted. And I was sort of joking when I commented on that....but kinda serious at the same time. I hope that makes sense?

I like to believe that Ganz is smart enough to realize that anyone that has over a hundred is a really good customer and that they would loose them if they were to do either. I can see stopping further adoptions...but I can hope that they would have the good sense not to mess with exsisting 'over 100 pet' accts. And I personally feel that if they do officially cap the # of adoptions and force a new acct. that everyone would continue to get the every 5th gold box and blue box from the 1st adoption on...kind of like an extention of your 1st acct. And you made a great point about renewing the acction...if they did do this, the only way I can see extending the 1st acct. is that when the mandatory 'new acct/extension' was renewed than it would automatically renew the '1st acct.' Hope that made sense.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-12-2008 at 02:54 PM..
Old 12-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #44
In love with

phylis5835 is on a distinguished road

I believe the limit is about 450 items, or 500 items. I bet if you got rid of some of your items. The stuff your missing will MAGiCALLY reappear. Im only guessing because ganz makes lots of entry's in the news-paper about 500 dock item limit. I think i ahve only made it to about 200. But im always at a loss for more money. So I always end up selling some things.

Last edited by phylis5835; 12-12-2008 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Forgot loads of info. It looked odd.
phylis5835 is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #45

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
Anyway congrats on your tinkerpup! And I am sorry your item wasn't what you expected. That never feels good.
I plan to get more Tinkerpups. I love the Tinkerpups. I have one Tinkerpup now, Eddie, and I already have names for eleven more.

It was the collie whose pet exclusive item turned out to be a disappointment. The collie came with a pack of seeds that would not grow. I planted, waited a while and nothing happened.

Jeanette Isabelle
Old 12-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #46

I plan to get more Tinkerpups. I love the Tinkerpups. I have one Tinkerpup now, Eddie, and I already have names for eleven more.

It was the collie whose pet exclusive item turned out to be a disappointment. The collie came with a pack of seeds that would not grow. I planted, waited a while and nothing happened.

Jeanette Isabelle
I had problems with this plant too. But what you have to do to get it growing is to put it back in your dock and than replant it.

If that doesn't work, repeat as much as needed. I have 2 of them and when I planted the 2nd one...a couple of months later...I had to take it out and leave it in there overnight. Then when I replanted it and finally it grew.

But a bit of warning so that you aren't further dissapointed, it will show 3 bones but it will only harvest 1. Never do you get 2 or 3. It is misleading. And I think that if you can't get more than 1 than they should have made it like the donut plant. At least you get what you see with that one.

And I am waiting to log in my tinkerpup. I purchased it as Christmas gift to me from me (& 1 for my daughter)...and so far I have been good. But I don't know how much longer I can hold out! It is to cute!

It is funny how hooked anyone can get on 1 certain estore pet...I am hooked on the firefawn right now. So far I have 3, but I plan to get many more. I also love the floral fox and I see many of those in my future as well. But I don't think I have seen it in the estore for some time now.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #47

I also have one floral fox. Her pet exclusive item looks great in my Victorian city park.

Click the image to open in full size.

Jeanette Isabelle
Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #48
ell, maybe I'm
Gifted

lauraannairene is just really nicelauraannairene is just really nice

how do peoples have like over 1000 items in there docks ? thats just amazing !
lauraannairene is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #49

I also have one floral fox. Her pet exclusive item looks great in my Victorian city park.

Jeanette Isabelle
What a beautiful yard I love it! It is very elegant.
I put the floral fox's PSI in my Gem and Waterfall garden I have about a dozen of the purple standing gems and addded the charm forest pink leave tree and also I added the estore waterfall?...maybe it was the trading card waterfall. Anyway I will try to upload mine. The floral fox's PSI is really beautiful. I wish I had more.

---------- bromsisa added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by lauraannairene
how do peoples have like over 1000 items in there docks ? thats just amazing !
Last spring I had approx 1,000 in my account for months. It never occured to me to buy and store them. Than a friend told me that I had to many biggy items in my dock(not much food, mostly accumulated adoption bonuses) and then I bought a bunch of storage rooms and put everything in them! How/why it all stayed for so long and I didn't loose anything... I don't know?

---------- bromsisa added 16 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

Click the image to open in full size. Hope this works...I am not good with uploading pics...

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-12-2008 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-13-2008, 04:41 AM   #50
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
Keep it saved as you haved done and I can pm you about options (if needed)...I don't know how much personal info is on their and maybe the mod is the only answer. I did go to the parents area and did Alot of reading...wow... they go on and on and they sound like slippery politicians in so many areas.

Anyway I was hoping that I could find something in their writing, but all I found was a reccomendation, not rule, but that they reccomended no having more than 100 pets per account. But it wasn't mandatory. Otherwise I ended up empty handed in regards to dock limits and the number of rooms and any other rumor/rules. I also did see alot about how to handle if your computer slows down and if you can't get logged in and if you get the adobe flash pop up....it all talked about cleaning your personal computer and how that affect your computer. They did not indicate that it effects their system on any level....I am only mentioning this because I think someone wrote about this topic in this thread. Thought I would mention it if the WI member comes back and looks at this thread again.

Anyway it would be really nice if a few members could get together and upload as many 'very hard to locate rules' from the site and any emails and/or kinzpost?(if there are any) and start and new thread entitled 'The Rules Ganz doesn't tell us and the truth in the fine print'...or something like that. I know not a catchy title and I assume someone can create a better one..I am not good with getting peoples attention.

But I feel the most impotant part is that everyone would be informed. What do you think about my idea? It could have all official written info from them and any more that comes anyones way can be added as time goes on. Do you think this would be helpful for WI members? Or is it just me?

And I do believe you, by the way. And I like you always take comfort in the truth..even if others don't believe me. I know that I am being honest and that is all that counts.

So if noone else reads this thread than maybe we could contact a mod about starting a new thread with your email (or another persons) and than others may come forward with any other info about rooms, and anything else that isn't in our faces but is important.

Let me know what you want to do. I really don't want you to stress about the email. So lets leave it as your descision after I have exhausted all other resources. I will also leave a profile message or pm to the other person that got the email and see if they can help, too.

And I didn't get to the last 2-3 parts at the end in the last section of the parents area, I doubt they have any info in them, but I am making sure I don't miss any part. Again thanks for trying help, but lets see what a mod says about this idea. They may tell us it has already been uploaded and this idea has already come and gone and is somewhere in this site.
broomisa, sounds like a great idea to me. and i think we should all email ganz and ask them to make storage for coupons and wallpaper/floors. if they get enohg of them, maybe they will do this. and i agree, its a always a suggestion on ganz part............... never a rule. so it is mamby pamby , like a politician never commiting. i really want a commintment what the rules are. i love my hobby and i dont want to loose the happiness i get from it. i have to try to capture the email and make a file. please pm me and ask to be my frined so i will have you there to ask for help if i need it , to make the file. tht wuld be helpful. all of us really need to KNOW THE RULES. or make them make the rules.
BASMAT is offline Female
Closed

Tags
100 dock, items limit