Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #21
Gift Trainee

MissGoddess1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Dock Limits?

Wow, I wasn't worried, but now I am. My major account has around 700 items in it at any given time...and I already have storage rooms. If I could name the rooms myself, I would add more, but I would hate to name a pet "storage" and all my storage rooms that I named before the new "room name system" went into effect are full. I hope my 700 items are ok. Otherwise, some poor webbie is going to be named "storage." Any suggestions?
MissGoddess1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by LinLin
CrystalFlute, a cheaper alternative to buying refrigerators is buying the "backyard cooler" from the w-shop under the outdoor tab. It cost 275kc and holds 6 items and you can just place a lot of them in a storage room somewhere in your house. Also save money by buying the "rattan toy box". You can find it under the storage tab for 100kc and it holds 8 itmes. You can place a bunch of them in a storage room to hold your clothes. By storing your food and clothes you can save your dock for items that can not be stored away. I seen those 2 tips somewhere in the forum here and it helped me a lot.

I just checked the Wshop, and purchased both the blue cooler and the pastel one (in kitchen and bathroom with the cost being 300 KC)....because I did't recall the blue one (in outdoors..275 KC) as being an indoor item.

For indoor the (name of item: beach cooler bag) blue, white, and yellow pastel cooler can be put in any indoor room...and it holds 6 food items. I successfully placed it in my room.

But when I tried to pop the blue cooler in my room and it gave me the 'can only be placed in an outdoor room' message'

Anyway I just thought that those considering this option may want to know before purchasing these in multiples.

And the cheapest fridges are the Fushia Freeze Fridge and the Kid's Refriderator, 350KC and they both hold 6 food items.

Note: The cost adds up fast
Example: if you had for example 108 food items that you wanted to store regularly than

the Fridge option (450 KC each) is a total of 8,100 KC b/c 18 would be needed based on a storage need for 108 food items

the pastel cooler (300 KC each) is a total of 8,100 KC b/c 27 would be needed based on a storage need for 108 food items

As you can see the 2 cheapest fridges cost the same as the beach bag/cooler option when you are storing above the norm because they 2 hold more (and that too adds up as far as storage is concerned)
So it really boils down to personal choice.

In the end if you shop by sale and stock up....a FOOD ROOM is a great option if you concerned about the number of items in your dock.

Disregard this next part if you are antiestore: at 5 dollars real world money..the fridge hold 15 items..Total cost of 35 dollars
approx 7 would be needed for 108 items

Good luck to all creating storage rooms for food and clothes!

---------- bromsisa added 5 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by MissGoddess1
Wow, I wasn't worried, but now I am. My major account has around 700 items in it at any given time...and I already have storage rooms. If I could name the rooms myself, I would add more, but I would hate to name a pet "storage" and all my storage rooms that I named before the new "room name system" went into effect are full. I hope my 700 items are ok. Otherwise, some poor webbie is going to be named "storage." Any suggestions?
The option for storage is there along with the names.
And if you wanted to be specific...Freeze could be a cool name. As could Gucci be a nice name and it would help indicate clothing storage....I don't think that My Freeze's Storage Room and My Gucci's Storage Room are so awful, but that is just my opinion. It all depends on how many storage storage rooms you have already. If you don't have that many rooms than remembering should be easy and than you can just pick a pet and add the storage part to it when renaming/and or creating a room.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-09-2008 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #23

tink my doxen is a jewel in the roughtink my doxen is a jewel in the rough

No, i don't think there is a limit, i have up to about 800 sometimes!
tink my doxen is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #24
Lil Kinz

xxbabygurl10580 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that only a few months ago when they changed the old
webkinz to the one it is now, they made a rule that you can only have
at least 600 items in your dock, so I am pretty sure that is why you were
having a problem with this
xxbabygurl10580 is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #25
I <33 you

gracie503 is a jewel in the roughgracie503 is a jewel in the rough

I have a friend with 1700 items in her dock at all times and she has no problems so I don't think that there is a limit, maybe it was just a glitch. At least you only lost 12 strawberries instead of your entire crop. Be thankful for that. I understand how you may be upset that you lost your strawberries, but remember that Ganz has a big company to run so there is going to be a few glitches here and there.
gracie503 is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #26

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

I was having problems with flash player when my dock gets over 700 items and Webkinz e-mailed me back an suggetsed to get it under 500. It works great unill I get in the upper 600's and they I start to have problems when logging back in so I now keep it under 650 and it works great for me.
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #27

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Allrighty
I was having problems with flash player when my dock gets over 700 items and Webkinz e-mailed me back an suggetsed to get it under 500. It works great unill I get in the upper 600's and they I start to have problems when logging back in so I now keep it under 650 and it works great for me.

I am pleased to hear that GANZ was so proactive about your account. That would be great if kinzposting warnings about people's acct. issues was there new policy.

Would you mind uploading the picture of the kinzpost letter? It would be very helpful to have confirmation of the max dock amount.

Especially seeing as everyone has a different opinion as to if the limits are rumor or fact. It would finally put the conversation to rest.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #28
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

This has been an ongoing problem about the dock and how much it is supposed to max at. Look atthis article from September 12 LAST YEAR
Originally Posted by Fairlyoddmom
Written by fairlyoddmom Wednesday, 12 September 2007 With the recent request from Ganz for all of us to only hold about 100 items in our dock, we're all scrambling around right now to store items.

I've made a list of least inexpensive options for food and clothing/toys.

Please note...you CAN put clothes in toy boxes. Since generally toy boxes seem to be less expensive, that might be a better option for you.
Click the image to open in full size.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #29
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Well, I think they say to keep it at 100 and under, but I am currently trying to make more storage rooms and reduce the items in my dock (shhh I have about 700)
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 02:22 AM   #30
Gift Guru

natalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to beholdnatalinkp is a splendid one to behold

Wow! This has been really interesting. Thank you all for your suggestions and comments.

Dixiecup, it sounds like the 100 is a strong suggestion.

We've been stuffing things in rooms, closets, the fridge and our 11 webkinz are now heavily dressed in various bits of clothing. We've managed to get it down to 100 for now.

I'd love to know what the creative director was talking about though when they spoke of new limits during the interview.
natalinkp is offline Female
Closed

Tags
100 dock, items limit