Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

Iluvwebkinz2 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Dock Limits?

Hi

I also been wondeirng since hearing about different amounts. Thanks for the information. I have mostly ad under 500 I think just to be safe with it all not dissapearing.
Iluvwebkinz2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #12
cappskw is an unknown quantity at this point

I currently have over 1500 items in my dock, mostly fruits and vegatables. Although I have never really had a problem with storage, perhaps I need to start working on it. Thanks for the question.
cappskw is offline Male
Old 12-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #13

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

Humm.... right now I have 522 items in my dock, mostly food. However I do have rare floors, rare walls, coins,a number of present and etc. I really hope that if they put a limit on the dock that they put all the info on the Front Page like when they put the 100 people cap on the phones.

At least they gave people a chance to decide who they wanted to keep. And they warned us that they would do it for us if we hadn't taken action by whatever the date was. If I were to log in and find that my presents, coins, rare floors and walls had disspearsed and that they had left me with food, I would be very upset...to say the least. Lets hope they give us warning before taking action. Maybe in the mean time I will move at the expensive rares, coins, and presents over to my extra accts. that have less anyway, just to be safe.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #14
hamsterpeach5
Lil Kinz
hamsterpeach5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 250 'bouts items in my dock, and hopefully nothing has happened, or nothing that I know of.
Good luck getting those berries back!
hamsterpeach5 is offline Male
Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #15
bflyangel
Gift Guru

bflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roost

I keep my dock low but one account has all my extra rare walls and floors. I heard Ganz recommends a max of 100 items in your dock (more for loading purposes I think) but if they put an actual cap I hope they come out with storage for walls, flooring and gift boxes/bags (actually I would love that now)
bflyangel is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #16
ow I Love Being
Gifted

LinLin radiates beauty and kindness all aroundLinLin radiates beauty and kindness all aroundLinLin radiates beauty and kindness all aroundLinLin radiates beauty and kindness all aroundLinLin radiates beauty and kindness all aroundLinLin radiates beauty and kindness all aroundLinLin radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by CrystalFlute
You're welcome! I am curious whether 522 is in fact the limit capacity for docks.

The only problem is I don't have a lot of refrigerators, and they're awfully expensive. My collection of walls/flooring and intangibles like coupons, coins and such are starting to take up room in my dock too.
CrystalFlute, a cheaper alternative to buying refrigerators is buying the "backyard cooler" from the w-shop under the outdoor tab. It cost 275kc and holds 6 items and you can just place a lot of them in a storage room somewhere in your house. Also save money by buying the "rattan toy box". You can find it under the storage tab for 100kc and it holds 8 itmes. You can place a bunch of them in a storage room to hold your clothes. By storing your food and clothes you can save your dock for items that can not be stored away. I seen those 2 tips somewhere in the forum here and it helped me a lot.
LinLin is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #17
Gifted

JustineSade will become famous soon enough

I have 667 items in my dock but many of them are multiples, like 10 creepy beds. That only takes up 1 square with a 10 in the corner compared to 10 different items. Maybe that makes a difference?
I wonder.

I do have to say though, this makes me nervous and I am going to work on in house storage today.
JustineSade is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #18

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Unhappy Re: Dock Limits?

Ganz has set the limits of 100 pets on your account, 100 items in your dock & 100 friends on kinzchat list for the reason of having WW work for everyone.
The limit is there as a safeguard for the loading and flash Player problems. If people don't abide by the rule then the Errors will never be fixed.
It is a big problem for Ganz/WW and this is the main reason we are having all the problem.
In the rules it says you can have as many rooms as you want.
If you are just holding the items in your dock to save the money It doesn't seem that your pet can enjoy the items.
It is kinda like buying my real dog a bag of cookies then not opening them and just putting the bag near her. not cool.
If the rules are followed like asked by Ganz then maybe it will help, it couldn't hurt.
Ganz is removing items over 100 in docks on accounts one at a time and due to the thousands of users it is taking time to go thru accounts 1 at a time.
So to be safe it would be wise to buy the largest rooms and put your stuff in them.
you cant sell the items except to the WShop and it is just a picture of an item and most people don't go trade because of greed and rudeness.
so what can you do but decorate a beautiful home for your pet, which is the point.
I hope this helps to clairify the point of the 100 Item... Limits. Remeber follow the rules or you could be next.
this is fact...
My niece had 300 items in her dock and ganz told us about the warning and said that she didn't follow the rules of the limit and they are working there way thru the accounts and that food is listed first so any items after the first 100 are taken. Oooo- she got stuck with 100 strawberries and lost lots of walls and furniture and autos. LOST THE REST! ( her account was 99 pets) so she quit.

---------- a3doglife added 5 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by JustineSade
I have 667 items in my dock but many of them are multiples, like 10 creepy beds. That only takes up 1 square with a 10 in the corner compared to 10 different items. Maybe that makes a difference?
I wonder.

I do have to say though, this makes me nervous and I am going to work on in house storage today.

no this makes no difference because it is still over 100 items. it does not matter if you have 100 spaces or 1 with 100 items .

it is still a 100... limit

---------- a3doglife added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
Humm.... right now I have 522 items in my dock, mostly food. However I do have rare floors, rare walls, coins,a number of present and etc. I really hope that if they put a limit on the dock that they put all the info on the Front Page like when they put the 100 people cap on the phones.

At least they gave people a chance to decide who they wanted to keep. And they warned us that they would do it for us if we hadn't taken action by whatever the date was. If I were to log in and find that my presents, coins, rare floors and walls had disspearsed and that they had left me with food, I would be very upset...to say the least. Lets hope they give us warning before taking action. Maybe in the mean time I will move at the expensive rares, coins, and presents over to my extra accts. that have less anyway, just to be safe.
clean it out it has happened to my niece. just two months ago.

---------- a3doglife added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by WEBKINZREADY
I have been playing webkinz for two years now and I always have over 900 items in my dock with no problems. I hope there is not going to be a limit. Right now I have 1,234 items in my dock from harvesting. I hope its just a glitch for you and you will get your strawberries back.

No it's not a glitchkinz error. It is a rule. 100.

---------- a3doglife added 3 Minutes and 43 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by natalinkp
When I harvested my second farm of strawberries today, my dock stopped accepting them once I had 522 items total in the dock (including clothes and other stuff, but mostly strawberries). I didn't notice right away, so I ended up losing about twelve plants.

There was some mention about dock limits in the interview with Ganz's creative director.

Can anyone enlighten me about when things changed and what the old and new limits are? Is there anyway to get back my strawberries?

Thanks so much!
I hope this helps.

Last edited by a3doglife; 12-09-2008 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #19

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

Questions for 3doglife:
Where did you get your information?

I am only asking because I have heard the rumor of 100 for a long time now. With no action on GANZ part.
And if the rule of pets is 100 than why does GANZ/the adoption center encourage people to adopt beyond the 100 pet mark?
If 100 were the rule than it would make sense for them to cut people off and force everyone to create new/more accounts...
Mrs Birdy has always stated that I would loose the bonus gifts/extras if I open a new acct. and asked if I really wanted to continue with opening another/new acct.

It seems a bit self defeating for GANZ to stop people from going beyond 100. Most people don't want to give up the extras, unless they are opening accts. for family or creating them to buy duplicates from the Curio.

It doesn't make any sense that adoptions beyond 100 would be allowed and encouraged. I mean are they planning on eliminating our pets too if we are above the 100 mark?

And I have not seen it in the Front paper like the cap they put on phones. So I guess I will continue to be a risk taker and keep my dock the way it is. Personally I like the easy access that keeping food and clothes in my dock gives me.

Also I don't feel that I should be forced to put wall paper or flooring in when I don't want to use it yet, if at all in the near future (gifts for the kids, used in WW trading room, WI trading?, presents for my childrens friends, etc)

Also the adobe flash warning is about each indiviual person's computer and possibly loosing their own files/documents/etc within their hard drive, not WW. Those with large accts and alot in their dock aren't the cause of WW's problems and hurting other members accts. We aren't the root of their glitches/problems...at the end of the day all the same items at the same number are in the account in one form or another. Room vs Dock 1,000 items is still 1,000 items just located elsewhere.

And to be honest it would seem to me that alot of rooms are harder to load than pets. Yes I recieved the Adobe flash warning when I went above 200 Webkinz...but it also wasn't until I created all large 'bedrooms' with a camp-like set up..in the sense each room was divided into 4 quads...2 bed quads, 1 living room quad, and 1 kitchen or storage quad.

So it is tough for me to really say if it was the pets or the rooms.... I mean my rooms take very long to load whereas loading my pets in all 58 pages and opening/loading my dock from storage mode takes no time at all...so I have to wonder which really sets off the adobe flash player warning.

Anyway it just seems that there are alot of conflicting advice in regards to the number of pets and the amount that can be kept in your dock....and I have heard a rumor about the number of rooms as well.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-09-2008 at 03:38 PM..
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #20
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Right now I have about 35 items in my dock. I have often heard about the "100 items" limit, also, and I have heard of people losing many of their items after updates when they have had a full dock. I would be very careful and try to find a home for many of your items. Maybe decorate a few rooms, spread those items to other accounts, or send out some gifts!
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Closed

Tags
100 dock, items limit