Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
midnytefires is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Dock Limits?

I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a limit to how many items you can put in your dock. My gardens have gotten so big and I haven't had a lot of time lately, so I go on and tend them, but I don't sell them all right away. I'm up to about 450 items. I was just wondering when/if I would reach the limit and what happens when you do?

midnytefires is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
Landshark1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Dock Limits?

I don't know the exact amount, but I've had over 1000 items in my dock. I get a script error. I press "no" when it asks me if I want to abort the script. I try now, to keep things under 500. I think keeping it under 300 is better. So, I try to sell things as soon as I'm over 500.

At 450, you are getting to an uncomfortable amount. Try to start selling some back to the WShop.

Good luck!
Landshark1 is offline Female
Old 07-20-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
diamond0203 is a jewel in the roughdiamond0203 is a jewel in the rough

It's not that there is a specific limit per se. A Ganz tech told me we should never have more than 100 items in our docks. We should limit our rooms to 80% full or 80 items. Keep doorways unblocked. These things are what help our accounts to load fast and without errors and glitches. He said many glitches are caused from our not keeping to those rules/requests. You have to count how many items you have in a dresser or refrig or any container not just count the number of containers. With that many items you run a greater risk of having a problem.
diamond0203 is offline Female
Old 07-20-2008, 01:45 AM   #4
Gift Guru
mom&corey is just really nicemom&corey is just really nice

Ganz recommends keeping your dock at no more than 100 items. I know that if you have 200 - 300 items, things slow down but I wouldn't go too much higher than that. I have heard that there is a point where your account will basically lock up and the only way to "unlock" it is to call Ganz.

Someone had harvested something like 1500 veggies which locked up their account. Although Ganz fixed it - they lost all the kinzcash for those veggies. When I have a big harvest, I never let the dock go above 200 before I sell some of it back (just in case).
mom&corey is offline Female
Old 07-20-2008, 04:07 AM   #5

As everyone elses stated, Ganz recommends no more than about 100 items in your dock. This recommendation is to ensure the best performance... While I keep about 350 items in my dock almost all the time, I try to keep it as low as possible... on some of our accounts we have had 1,800 items at one time and it still works but the performance is awful and its very hard to use.... but the thing is... you are taking a risk... if something goes missing out of your dock, your on your own... Ganz can say.. .well... we said only have 100 items... and you had 450 items, so its your fault you had a problem... since its just produce... I would go ahead and sell it now... there really is no benefit to waiting, the price could even go down again like it did a month or so ago...