Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Default Re: Dock Cleaning Questions

I have several storage rooms, where I put items that I'm not sure what I'm doing with. When I have lots of KC I make another room, and use a pile of the stuff, but in the meanwhile it's not cluttering my dock.

I have a outdoor food storage room, full of picnic coolers, since they're the cheapest; all I have in the whole yard is rows of coolers. It works quite well.

Also take a good look at what is in your dock, and perhaps sell a bunch of stuff that you're unlikely to use in the near future.

I definitely prefer having a less cluttered dock.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 05:17 AM   #12
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Cloud One
As for storage, the wicker storage boxes are the least expensive, but if space is an issue, the upright black and red "rock" 2 drawer cabinets hold the most items per "square" section of floor space. The blue striped, cream, and orange two drawer storage cabinets are the next most space effective storage devices (I use those because I don't like the black and red ones even though they're more practical lol!)
View Post Originally Posted by Bindidog
My best advice to store stuff is the toy box from the cloud theme, it stores 6 items in it, and only costs 98 dollars. While other boxes store up to 8 items, they also take up two blocks on the floor. So if you go with the cloud boxes, you can store 12 items per every two blocks, instead of the 8 per every two blocks. I'm not sure if this will help, but at least it's one option! Good luck!
That's the same thing I was saying with the 2 drawer White, Blue striped, and Orange cabinets. (the red and black "Rock and Roll" themed ones holds even more (8 items for one floor square block)). I didn't realize the cloud theme "Sky Blue Book Box" only took up one square. Since that's so, that's a cheaper option than the 2 drawer white, striped, and orange ones I was talking about, and will hold just as much stuff. -So I agree with Bindidog "Sky Blue Book Box", 95kc, cheapest storage solution that holds the most items per floor square. A more expensive solution that will hold more items per floor square, if space is the biggest concern, is the Rock and Roll 2 drawer cabinet, but that's 550kc.

Last edited by Cloud One; 09-12-2009 at 05:19 AM..
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #13

ebs01 is on a distinguished road

All these storage items are great, but how do you find your stuff again when you're looking for it?? I still think Ganz needs to update the inventory system!! But any advice on "finding" stuff would be appreciated!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #14
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

hmmm, you have to clear out your dock before leaves fall? oh boy i'm in trouble. I have over 500 items in my dock
Old 09-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #15
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by hp1010
hmmm, you have to clear out your dock before leaves fall? oh boy i'm in trouble. I have over 500 items in my dock
no, it just might slowdown the whole system
Galfam is offline Male
Old 09-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #16
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I have a storage rom, usually used for GE trading items and just storage. I don't have many things in my thing, so do what i do. buy an extra room or 2, or use an empty one or an unfiniished one. Put all your stuff there, then put the fall fest in nother room to keep catching. I have only 7 items in my dock, some soon going to my storage room for trading
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #17
(:

prettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
I learned from the Fall Fest thread that I have to cut waaay back on the number of items in my dock before the leaves start flying. I don’t have a lot of empty storage items in my rooms, so I’d like to know what moves will give me the most bang for my buck.

What is the best way to subtract items to speed up the system? I am not computer literate, so I don’t know how coding affects the dock. Is each item equal in the amount of space it takes up whether it is a single item in a block or one of a number of duplicate items? For example, would one chair and one table, each in its own block, take up the same amount of space as two duplicate shirts in the same block and with only one picture? ----- Yes that will , it is they same number =) trading is good if you don't want sstuff. If i don't need some stuff i Just give it away for junk and sell all the Junk. or just sell your own junk if you don't have time =) .

Would using three food items to make a recipe item subtract two items or is the recipe food the sum of its three parts?------- It will show up as 1 item =) Hope this all helps

I wrote in the Quote

I also have 300 or so items and A BUNCH in my room =) ... i should store some more stuff =)

Last edited by prettybelle05; 09-12-2009 at 11:22 AM..
prettybelle05 is offline Female
Old 09-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #18
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by ebs01
All these storage items are great, but how do you find your stuff again when you're looking for it?? I still think Ganz needs to update the inventory system!! But any advice on "finding" stuff would be appreciated!!
I'm just organized about how I store stuff. As someone else said, I might put stuff I want to trade in one section or its own room, wardrobe stuff in a room called "closet", holiday stuff in another room, or maybe in a certain corner of a larger storage room... Basically, I try to group things logically into sections of a large storage room or into different kinds of storage rooms.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #19

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by ebs01
I try to organize logically. For example, I have a "closet" room, where I put all the extra clothing. I've arranged it that one row has t-shirts, one has long sleeved shirts/jackets, one has pants, another shoes, etc.

In my food storage yard, I have all "click to win" items in one row, holiday food gifts in another, cakes in another, PSFs in another. I also alternate the beach cooler with the blue picnic cooler.

Christmas items I've stored in the drawers of the Christmas room, other wintery things went into my ice room, and so on.

You could also make a paper chart of where you've stored things.

Have fun organizing!
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 AM   #20

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Bindidog
A rep told me that is wasn't good to have more than 100 items in your dock, and that is why I had multiple clothing items disappear a couple of months ago. I told her that Ganz needs to tell us that in the Webkinz user guide book, and her reply was: "Well no one reads that anyway!"

My best advice to store stuff is the toy box from the cloud theme, it stores 6 items in it, and only costs 98 dollars. While other boxes store up to 8 items, they also take up two blocks on the floor. So if you go with the cloud boxes, you can store 12 items per every two blocks, instead of the 8 per every two blocks. I'm not sure if this will help, but at least it's one option! Good luck!
Great tip Bindidog! Thanks. I have been using various other storage options, mostly the ones that sell for around 200 and look like file cabinets. This is much better -- plus I can see my pet as it walks between the rows.

I sometimes put an item near the cabinets to indicate what is in them -- a halloween table near the cabinets with halloween costumes, a trading card poster or fall fest poster on the wall, etc.

And I love your new halloween siggy!

Last edited by CheekyDB; 09-13-2009 at 03:09 AM..
CheekyDB is offline Female
Closed