Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Do you really have a chance at getting in the GE

Immie --

I just looked over your posts.

Please note: I am not a mod, or anyone who would make a decision on this kind of thing... However, what I saw looked really good. You have posted good, articulate non-fluff posts in a variety of forums. Many of them helped others.

You have an excellent start here... Just keep going!

:: Hmm gets out pom-poms, and jumps into cheerleader stance. ::

Go, Immie!

I'm sure that we will all be crossing our fingers for you.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I got accepted into the GE with way less than 1000 posts. I made sure I had 50 very helpful posts before I applied and up to the time I applied. That made it easier for those who "judge you" (for the lack of a better term). I would say try to answer 50 posts in the I need help section. I did this and I got accepted right away. This will help you and many others. Hope this helps.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #13
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Hello Immie! It is not the NUMBER of posts you have, but the quality of those posts. If you go around the GE and make good quality, helpful posts, you'll be up to the post requirement to apply to the GE. I can't remember what that number is, but I think it is 100 posts? I am a mom, too. What I did was spend just a few minutes on WI every day, and I made my posts in no time. I applied to the GE, and I continued to participate in the forum. It is important to remember that, if you don't get accepted into the GE right away, just continue to be a good member, making meaningful, helpful posts, and in no time you will be trading!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Trading is a lot of fun! It does take a bit of time, but worth it in the end!
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
Webkinz :)

Immie is on a distinguished road

Thanks Everyone for taking the time to respond. I guess this morning I got a bit discouraged after reading several posts by people who mentioned that after 1000 + posts they were still not accepted.

Thank you HMM for the great link for first time traders, it was very interesting to read and answered a lot of questions I was wondering about.

Thanks Lollie for the nice words of encouragement and the helpful hints.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond and I will continue on with my quest to be able to trade one day by helping others and making great posts.

Since becoming a member I have tried my best to only respond to the posts where I know will have something to contribute of value and substance. I will now try to also welcome the new members with a nice welcome message.

From what I saw last, I only have about 30 posts to go before I can apply to the GE and I will let everyone know when I make it.

Thanks again all,
Warm Regards,
Immie
Immie is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #15
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

Immie,
You have already received sound and great advice from the other members, so let me just add my encouragement to meet the requirements and then apply. That is all that it takes, I simply waited for a long time before I applied so that the reason I have so many posts.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
ebaday

Welcome to the WI family! I think that everyone has the same chance of being in the GE if they are well behaved citizens who play by the rules! To be in the GE you must have 50 non-fluff posts. That means your posts must be good and helpful not just, yeah, cool, uh hu, but helpful. Try not to use "text talk" when on WI. Use complete words and sentences. A 50 post goal is not that hard to reach. You are already half way there. If you keep asking good questions and returning answers then you will be way beyond 50. I applied to become a GE but was deleted soon after for one reason or another. Now I am working my way there by asking good questions and helping people (like you!) that are new and need help!
I know you will be asset to WI. Good Luck!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #17
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

You should have a fair chance-but just because you have 50 great posts doesn't mean you'll get in.

There is only so many gift coaches-Click here to see the full list, you have to scroll down a bit though-and they can only handle a certain number of people.

Of course, you never know-hope to see you in the GE soon!
gReTa is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #18
Webkinz :)

!!!!Evan!!!! is a glorious beacon of light!!!!Evan!!!! is a glorious beacon of light!!!!Evan!!!! is a glorious beacon of light

It's not the number, but the quality of your posts. If you have 1000 posts and only post in Open Mike, you won't get accepted. If you have 50 great posts, then you will be accepted, if there's space. Sometimes the GT center is overloaded and you can't get accepted immediately. If you've got good posts, you've got as much chance as the person in front of you.

To get your 50 posts, just keep being helpful and you'll be fine. =]. There's a great thread in Rules and Suggestions that helps you make good posts. Good luck!
!!!!Evan!!!! is offline Female
Closed