Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Immie is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Do you really have a chance at getting in the GE

I had posted this earlier as a reply, but maybe I should have posted it as a new thread.

I found Webkinzinsider originally through a search I did on google in regards to trading webkinz items. I immediately became a member when I saw all the information on this site that was just so amazing and really helps you to better understand Webkinz all together. Now, every time I go on Webkinz ,I also open up my WebkinzInsider.

I love this site very much and have only been a member for a few months. In the beginning I took my time getting to know the site and how it all works as I had never been on a forum before and didn't even know how to post or even how to find things that were posted before. I have to say I love what people are able to do on this site with their siggies, avatars and colorful posts, which is all still very foreign to me. LOL

As a mom of 3 kids, who are the whole reason this webkinz craze started in this house, I am very busy. However I wanted to be able to trade with people who like me have a lot of exclusive and rare items.
One of the first things I came accros when I joined was about how to avoid scams in the trading rooms on webkinz world and all the other warnings about the trading.

I understand that it is therefor very important to have the gift exchange program. It is also the reason I joined in the first place.
I am just wondering, I see people with 1000+ posts who are still saying that they have not been accepted in the gift program.
I am only at about 15 posts ( i think ), but it is only because I am as busy as I am with 3 kids and also because most times things have already been answered or I do not know the answer and sometimes I am just a bit to shy to answer what I think the solution is.

I understand that at 50 posts you can apply for the gift exchange, but do I really have a chance at getting in? I am wondering this, if there are so many who have 1000+ posts and are still waiting.

I know that I originally joined so that I could have a safe place to trade the items I hold so dear, and I know I will always read Webkinz Insider now that I know what a great site it is, but when I finally hit my 50 posts do I really have a chance at all of being able to trade in the GE or am I realistically looking at months still?
I know I can do my 50 posts in the next few weeks, and I have read all the rules and how to post and make them count, I just want to know for sure that when I have done all the 50 posts, I have a chance of getting into the GE, and do not have to wait till I have 1000+, only to find out I still can not do what originally brought me to this great site.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am just a mom who wants to trade some awesome stuff in a safe and fair manner, and would like to have the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for listening and hope I posted this in the right place

Have a great day!

Immie
Immie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Default Re: Do you really have a chance at getting in the GE

Everyone has a fair chance at getting into the GE.

Some members may hve applied later in their membership, and are waiting till there is room in the GE. Sometimes it'll take a week or more to get accepted after you applied, in that time they may be ae to conjure up a bunch of posts.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

Of course you have a chance! The key to getting in is to make helpful posts. When I was trying to get into the GE I spent a lot of time in the Somebody Help section. There is great guide to making good posts:

How To Make Good Posts, To Become A Gifted Trainee (UPDATED ON SEP. 7th ) !!!
msclockart is offline Male
Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

You sure do have a chance

A lot of the ones that said they didn't make it... they might have had a lot of posts in sections were the posts don't count towards the 50.. like the Rumor Mill and Open Mike..

50 Helpful/Good posts

I'm sure it also depends on how many others are applying at that time... It is a lot of work for the Gift Coaches, I'm sure.
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

You need 50 non-fluff posts and you need to be a member for 2 weeks at least. Then you can have a shot! LOL.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 03-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
X3 invasion of

Liza9113 is on a distinguished road

i tryed once or twice to be one

first you need to have been a user on here for 2 weeks at least
then you need 50 none-fluff posts (if you dont understand go here)
Hopes this helps you!
right now I'm working on my non-fluff posts and I'm sure I'll get in! =)
Liza9113 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
My Kids are
Gifted

lollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Hi there Immie! First off let me Welcome you to ! Now to address your concern about becoming Gifted, and the chances of doing so. I believe that everyone has the opportunity to become Gifted once they have met the requirements. It is those who have been chosen (In my humble opinion), that have displayed the qualties that are required and fits the bill of Gift trainee. For those who have not been accepted and have applied, I believe that they may have lacked something in one of the requiremnets, whether it is not enough posts or too many "fluff" posts that have no substance to this forum. If you are helpful and also try to spread out your posts to different areas (ex: Welcome thread, Birthday's, General Board...and so on), and display yourself as a contributing member of this forum, I think that you should not have any problems getting in the Gift trainee system. And may I say that even if you were rejected the first or even second time, it should not discourage you into not trying to apply again. Sometimes when people are turned away it is because they already have a set limit to Gift Trainees. So my advice to you is, keep on posting, and try to have relevance to your post. Whether it's to say "congratulations" or something that is positive to this forum. Please do not get discouraged because many have thought the same as you and are now Gifted or Gift Gurus! If you have any questions or just would like to talk, you can always call on me. I will help if I can and if not I will find someone to help you. ~ lollie
lollie is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

its not only the number of posts you have, but the quality that is actually important.
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by lollie
Hi there Immie! First off let me Welcome you to ! Now to address your concern about becoming Gifted, and the chances of doing so. I believe that everyone has the opportunity to become Gifted once they have met the requirements. It is those who have been chosen (In my humble opinion), that have displayed the qualties that are required and fits the bill of Gift trainee. For those who have not been accepted and have applied, I believe that they may have lacked something in one of the requiremnets, whether it is not enough posts or too many "fluff" posts that have no substance to this forum. If you are helpful and also try to spread out your posts to different areas (ex: Welcome thread, Birthday's, General Board...and so on), and display yourself as a contributing member of this forum, I think that you should not have any problems getting in the Gift trainee system. And may I say that even if you were rejected the first or even second time, it should not discourage you into not trying to apply again. Sometimes when people are turned away it is because they already have a set limit to Gift Trainees. So my advice to you is, keep on posting, and try to have relevance to your post. Whether it's to say "congratulations" or something that is positive to this forum. Please do not get discouraged because many have thought the same as you and are now Gifted or Gift Gurus! If you have any questions or just would like to talk, you can always call on me. I will help if I can and if not I will find someone to help you. ~ lollie
Lollie said this better than I could, so I am going to just add to what she said here. You absolutely have a shot, though you should make sure that your 50 posts are all super helpful and/or unique.

(If you welcome people who are new, don't cut and paste your answers.)

I also agree with Lollie that spreading your helpfulness across different forums is an excellent way to go.

Your current post was quite articulate and well-stated, so I am certain that you have it in you to do this. I became gifted on my 50th post, and my friend BjornTorunn had only 60 posts before he became accepted.

That said, don't get dejected if you rejected the first few times you apply. My friend hconnors got accepted on her fourth application. I think that the Gift Coaches were all booked up, and they were only accepting a few apps at a time.

I wrote a thread about what being gifted is like for small traders a while back. I hope that it proves helpful to you:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...1/#post6377559

Hmm

Last edited by Hmm; 03-30-2009 at 01:39 PM..
Hmm is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
I'm now a
Gift Trainee

LILJOHN95 is a jewel in the roughLILJOHN95 is a jewel in the rough

Yep, everyone has a fair chance of getting in to the ge. Some members with 1,000+ posts just don't really want to become past of the ge. I have 250- posts and i'm almost completly in the ge. Good-luck though for getting in.
LILJOHN95 is offline Male
Closed