Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #11
--ET call home!
Gift Guru

Lodida is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Discouraged..

Hi webkinzGram,

Gee thanks so much for that information. The person I spoke with at GAnz kept trying to pass me off to his supervisor. Unfortunately I did not have the time as we were getting ready for football practice when they returned my call. I assumed they would have had some sort of tracking system within webkinz already. but if they are working on getting one in place then that is good news for sure.

Our kids working on webkinz this past summer has been a great learning experience for them, and we all have becomed hooked on it. I feel it does teach children about the value of things and how to go about earning money for the things you need, as well as for the things you may just want. We won't give up on it entirely but I will be watching my pocket book a little closer and not spending as much, unless I hear these problems are getting resolved.

Thanks for your help and kind words.
Lodida is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #12
--ET call home!
Gift Guru

Hi Cajungirlfriend,

My grandson is already stir crazy this morning. He keeps looking out the window looking at his bike, wishing he could ride it. It's really great weather right now. He keeps getting on the computer and looking at ATV's and begging me to buy him one. hehe. I guess he doesn't know he can't ride one with a broken foot. I guess he will have to settle for earning more kinzcash for rare items in the curio shop.

He is driving me crazy practicing using his crutches. He called his dad at work and asked him to please bring him him home a wheel chair tonight. He wants to see how fast he can get it to go. ;-))
Lodida is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #13
--ET call home!
Gift Guru

Hi Jrock,

Thats great that they replaced her items. He did say if something like this happens during an adoption, then they would make it right. But it was too bad otherwise. I hope they get to the bottom of these problems. I know that this game is an evolving program and we should all show a little patience. I'm trying. Posting here really helps. I have let my grandson read all the comments and I think he understands that it's not really that big a deal in the whole scheme of things now. He still enjoys the game, and wants to get another webkin. We'll see.

Thanks Again.
Lodida is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
Meowww
Gift Guru

soccerismylife004 will become famous soon enough

I lost my snowy blue toque I was feeling so down i check in like every room and i counld't find it!
soccerismylife004 is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #15
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

Hey, JRock - Wow, that is really wonderful that you were able to get your refrigerator months after the fact! I reread my post and thought very carefully about what I said earlier, and I stand humbly corrected. In the hastiness of posting, my 54-year-old brain blurred the facts and I posted the wrong info. I mentioned there is a very limited window of time to get stuff back. I was wrong with that. If an item is missing as a result of the glitch, it is missing forever, and if it is "stuck" somewhere in the ozone layer of your account database, it will always be there and Ganz just needs to be told about it, or in some lucky cases, the system will figure it out during a reset cycle and your missing item(s) will "magically" reappear again.

However, there IS indeed a "limited window of time" recovery thing that I accidentally blurred into this topic. A while back there seemed to be a rash of reports from members who reported that their accounts had been hacked into (either by strangers, or sadly, in some cases by real-life "friends" - and I use the term loosely!). As a result, items had been Kinzposted out of their accounts. Ganz told me that they have a window of time of three days where they can tell what items were Kinzposted and to whom, and although they can't return the items, this could help people determine who hacked into their accounts. Obviously, not much can be done if it's a stranger, but if it's a real-life "friend," that's another story. So, the bottom line there is that if you suspect you've been hacked (rather than a system glitch), it's best to call Ganz right away, because they might be able to solve the mystery.

Just to set the record straight!

WebkinzGram
Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #16
kmoney07
Gift Guru

Jrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to behold

Lodida,

While reading on the site today I ran across this post:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...nz-t59344.html

It basically states that Ganz is collecting information from people who have had problems exactly like the one you stated earlier in your post. Perhaps you've already seen it, but in case you haven't maybe you'll find some help there.

WebkinzGram, thanks for all your helpful information! I'm so glad we have a site like this to come to for advice and compassion!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #17
--ET call home!
Gift Guru

Hi Jrock,

Thanks for this info.

The other day someone pointed me in the direction of that thread also. I did write and let them know the problem we had at the time. I hope this helps ganz to fix the problem what ever it is and quick. I just wish I had had the warning about not using the to sell button to see what a item is worth. We had used it in the past and did not have the problem of disapearing items. They should disabable that part of webkiz until it can be resolved. Thanks again for the reply.
Lodida is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
lemomaide
Webkinz :)

Misty is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so sorry about your grandson. Hope he gets better soon.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #19
--ET call home!
Gift Guru

Thanks Misty,

He is feeling a little better now that he has his new walking cast on. He can at least now go back to school Monday. Still won't be able to play football though. (
Lodida is offline Female
Closed