Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
--ET call home!
Gift Guru

Lodida is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Discouraged..

I had a converstaion with a tech person at Ganz in regards to the problem of missing rare items of late. He completely admitted that there is a problem in the webkins world system and assured me that they working on trying to fix the so called glitch that takes people's rare items and then gives them some kinz cash back for them. Of course it's not as much kinzcash as the item was originally worth. They are refusing to replace any items taken away when kinzcash was put back in your bank. This problem does not seem to be as rare of an occurance as they are claiming. It hppened twice to us now in less than a week. And it only happens to rare items.

Don't know what to say except this is not the way I would choose to run a business. I assume they are raking in so much cash with this game that they must not really care about teaching kids that stealing is just plain wrong. My grandson was in near tears when his new reward went missing right befor his own eyes. Now it's up to me to explain to him how you just get ripped off in life sometimes and there just isn't a thing you can do about. get used to it.

Sorry, but I'm in a very sour mood about this and also the same grandson broke his foot at football practice tonight, and he will probally be wanting to spend a lot of time on the computer since he is going to be off school for awhile and home with not too much else to do. Since I am new here, I apalogize ahead of time if I've broke any rules by being semi-critical of Ganz, and by displaying a negative spirit. I'm usually not like this at all.
Lodida is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
Uppies
Gift Guru

Uppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with graceUppies wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Discouraged..

There have been quite a few glitches lately with webkinz and it can be discouraging. There are still alot of great aspects of webkinz though, and hopefully they will get going on fixing these glitches.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

poor kid! you should tell him that there are things that go wrong sometimes that you have to deal with
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 02:05 AM   #4
hy isn't he real?
Gift Guru

fasterthenever is a name known to allfasterthenever is a name known to allfasterthenever is a name known to all

Donation Award 

It is discouraging. My daughter lost her Fairy Fountain (Which cost alot of REAL dough) and she was a wreck. She thought that she'd done something wrong. I just hope they fix it fast.
fasterthenever is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 03:33 AM   #5
MamaDoh143
Gift Guru

MamaDoh is a glorious beacon of lightMamaDoh is a glorious beacon of lightMamaDoh is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Lodida
I had a converstaion with a tech person at Ganz in regards to the problem of missing rare items of late. He completely admitted that there is a problem in the webkins world system and assured me that they working on trying to fix the so called glitch that takes people's rare items and then gives them some kinz cash back for them. Of course it's not as much kinzcash as the item was originally worth. They are refusing to replace any items taken away when kinzcash was put back in your bank. This problem does not seem to be as rare of an occurance as they are claiming. It hppened twice to us now in less than a week. And it only happens to rare items.

Don't know what to say except this is not the way I would choose to run a business. I assume they are raking in so much cash with this game that they must not really care about teaching kids that stealing is just plain wrong. My grandson was in near tears when his new reward went missing right befor his own eyes. Now it's up to me to explain to him how you just get ripped off in life sometimes and there just isn't a thing you can do about. get used to it.

Sorry, but I'm in a very sour mood about this and also the same grandson broke his foot at football practice tonight, and he will probally be wanting to spend a lot of time on the computer since he is going to be off school for awhile and home with not too much else to do. Since I am new here, I apalogize ahead of time if I've broke any rules by being semi-critical of Ganz, and by displaying a negative spirit. I'm usually not like this at all.
I am very sorry to hear about your grandson's mishap at football practice ... I hope that he heals quickly. Do you mind telling me which items of his went missing this past week?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:36 AM   #6
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

I'm sorry to hear about your grandson's broken foot, Lodida. I hope it heals quickly! We've been hearing about the glitches regarding missing items for months (especially since the upgrade), but I had never heard of a glitch where you actually get a sudden increase in Kinzcash (though never enough) when the item goes missing. It almost sounds like the system thinks you are selling the item (and thus giving you half the value for it) rather than just taking it. Did this perhaps happen to you after you (or your grandson) had placed the item in the SELL bin in the W Shop to see what its value was, then returned it to your dock because you didn't really want to sell it? That is definitely a known glitch and people are being cautioned not to do that until they get the problem fixed. There are other glitches where the item will disappear when you try to move it from the dock to a room as well.

As for replacing it, there are very rare scenarios where Ganz actually can replace the item. Sometimes it will appearing missing to the user, but they can still see it in their database (if you call them IMMEDIATELY - it is a very short window of time). In those instances, they can make the necessary fix to make it appear back on your dock. But if they can't see it, they can't replace it.

In my conversation with Ganz (and I have had several), I was told that they are working not only on fixing the "disappearing item" glitch itself, but they are also working on developing a better tracking system so that when items do go missing, they are at least able to confirm that (1) you DID have them in your possession at a given point in time and (2) you did NOT sell or Kinzpost them, that they actually did just disappear. When that happens, they will be able to replace the item or, worst case, at least give you the appropriate amount of Kinzcash as compensation. It will definitely be a reason to celebrate when that happens, which I hope is soon!

I hope your grandson heals soon. What an awful way to start out the school year, and the sports season as well.

WebkinzGram
Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 AM   #7
Ask Please I have 2
Gift Guru

cajungirlfriend is a name known to allcajungirlfriend is a name known to allcajungirlfriend is a name known to all

I hope he heals quickly and I know he will be bored without sports. I have two boys both football and soccer players. My oldest broke his leg at soccer and couldn't play anything for over a year. It drove him crazy. This was before Webkinz at least your grandson will have something to keep him busy. We have lost things too but have gotten to a point where we expect it now. It shouldn't be that way but somethings we can't control.
cajungirlfriend is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
kmoney07
Gift Guru

Jrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzGram
I'm sorry to hear about your grandson's broken foot, Lodida. I hope it heals quickly! We've been hearing about the glitches regarding missing items for months (especially since the upgrade), but I had never heard of a glitch where you actually get a sudden increase in Kinzcash (though never enough) when the item goes missing. It almost sounds like the system thinks you are selling the item (and thus giving you half the value for it) rather than just taking it. Did this perhaps happen to you after you (or your grandson) had placed the item in the SELL bin in the W Shop to see what its value was, then returned it to your dock because you didn't really want to sell it? That is definitely a known glitch and people are being cautioned not to do that until they get the problem fixed. There are other glitches where the item will disappear when you try to move it from the dock to a room as well.

As for replacing it, there are very rare scenarios where Ganz actually can replace the item. Sometimes it will appearing missing to the user, but they can still see it in their database (if you call them IMMEDIATELY - it is a very short window of time). In those instances, they can make the necessary fix to make it appear back on your dock. But if they can't see it, they can't replace it.

In my conversation with Ganz (and I have had several), I was told that they are working not only on fixing the "disappearing item" glitch itself, but they are also working on developing a better tracking system so that when items do go missing, they are at least able to confirm that (1) you DID have them in your possession at a given point in time and (2) you did NOT sell or Kinzpost them, that they actually did just disappear. When that happens, they will be able to replace the item or, worst case, at least give you the appropriate amount of Kinzcash as compensation. It will definitely be a reason to celebrate when that happens, which I hope is soon!

I hope your grandson heals soon. What an awful way to start out the school year, and the sports season as well.

WebkinzGram
Even though its upsetting at times, it is also interesting and helpful to hear other's stories of mishaps on WW. WebkinzGram, I was particularly intrigued to read your info regarding the replacement of missing items because we were lucky enough to have something replaced months after it happened. My daughter had adopted a panda, but it wasn't until a few months later that I started to get interested in Webkinz myself. I found this great site, and while looking at other people's decorated rooms I noticed Ming vase fridges, which my daughter did not have. She said she never received one at the time of adoption, and I knew there was no chance of her account having been hacked.

When I called Ganz tech support I honestly expected them to say "too bad, so sad", but somehow the person I spoke with was able to verify the refridgerator had never been received, and sent it to her dock. I'm not a tech-savy person, but I was fairly impressed, considering the amount of time that had lapsed and the sheer volume of transactions happening not only on her account, but in WW as a whole.

I am hopeful and optimistic that Ganz will continue to keep making improvements to their website and tracking systems. I've been lucky enough to have mostly positive experiences in WW - my heart goes out to everyone who hasn't been so lucky, because I know how hard it can be to explain to a child why something didn't work as promised and that there is nothing you can do to fix it.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
superbat33
Gift Guru

superbat33 will become famous soon enough

You should let us know what went missing and maybe your grandson will receive a get well soon gift from people who really care. Let us know.
superbat33 is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #10
--ET call home!
Gift Guru

Lodida is on a distinguished road

Hi MamaDoh and thanks so much for your reply and sympathy regarding this situation. He had what is called "Charm Forest Flooring" go missing right after he created a room to put it in. Just as he went to put it in the dreaded error message appeared on the screen and he was automatically lofgged out. On return to the system it was missing. Yesterday morning from a card code we recieved a Cut the Cards Counter and when we went to put it in our game room the same exact thing happened.
Lodida is offline Female
Closed