Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
OW!! I'm
Gift Guru

Elena48 is a name known to allElena48 is a name known to allElena48 is a name known to all

Donation Award 
Exclamation Unanswered: Dangerous Site Warning at WI

The last 2 or 3 days, I have gotten dangerous site warnings from my security software for spyware when I log onto WI. This is happening on two different computers. It refers to a different website address. I've entered that address into the browser and security software as a blocked site, but it still keeps popping up. I have scanned for and deleted spyware repeatedly, cleared temp files, cookies, and history. What can I do? I know I can turn off the warning, but I am concerned that there is really a problem, and don't want my computers to be vulnerable to spyware.

I'm not a techy, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Elena48 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
I dance with my
Webkinz :)

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Dangerous Site Warning at WI

sry! I dunno what is happening.. Is it about WI? I hope it is not. I doubt it is cause' I think WI is a prett safe website considering that we can't even say words like the f word that starts with an s.
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 11-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #3

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

Clear your cookies, try again, if that does not work I do not know how to help you. Sorry!
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Yes,clear your cookies,(or cache),and see what happens.
Otherwise,Idk what to do.
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

That's weird...I've also heard of viruses, and pop-ups from WI, I'm not sure what's going on. I can get on the site fine with no problems.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Call me Lime XD

limecat275 is on a distinguished road

once for me webkinz wouldn't load. i cleared my cache and it did. maybe that will work..if it doesn't, then, well, try to see if you can "un-warn" it by checking the settings of the spyware or whatever
i'm not much of a tech wiz (even though most disagree) so i hope that works for you!

-limecat
limecat275 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
Gift Guru
Luckyquiggle1234 has disabled reputation

I've heard of plenty of viruses coming from WI, but I believe that WI has nothing to do with it personally... I've never got that. Try PMing a mod and ask what's going on. I've also heard a few reports lately of people getting a severe virus from WI that they had trouble getting rid of. I think the site might have been hacked in some way... anyways, idk what's going on with all the issues lately. Just remember that Justin would never put a virus on the site, so it's not his fault or any other Mod's fault.

Maybe you're typing the wrong website in my one letter or something, and it's some total other website that updates like WI regularly on the front page and such, seeming to be WI, but really being an evil virus-giving site.
That's just a theory from me.
Luckyquiggle1234 is offline Male
Old 11-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #8
i think imma

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted a MOd. Maybe they can help.
clublab30 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

I reboot my computer, do a disk clean up, and a refrag, & that gets the computer running better.
momwhoplays is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
acflykat
Gift Guru

acflykat is a name known to allacflykat is a name known to allacflykat is a name known to all

It doesn't come from WI directly. It's the ads on the sides. My kids inadvertently put spyware & adware on the computer all the time because they like clicking on the flashing ads. The best thing I have found is to view WI in blue colors (selectable at the bottom left of the forum) that way the ads don't show up, and can't accidentally be clicked on.
acflykat is offline Female
Closed