Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Gifted
superstar5 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Daily Activities and Maintenance

Hi!
So this morning when I went to long into webkinz world, it said maintenance. I still clicked log in and tried to log in because sometimes it lets you. Then since that was not working I decied to come to webkinz insider, cause this is fun too. I realized that they were still daily activites on. It said 9 AM click here for free pancakes! where it normally is posted. My question is this How can they have daily activities and maintenance at the same time??? There have been other times like this; and really really good/favorite activities have been on during maintenance. Does anyone else think this is unfair???
Thanks for you time,
superstar5
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
Insanely busy
Gift Guru

animegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud of

Default Re: Daily Activities and Maintenance

It does seem a bit unfair but the maintenance is extremely important. Without it, they could not add new items, games, and other fun stuff. They also try to fix some of the glitches when they do maintenance. I can understand your frustration but as a Network Engineer, I can also see their side of it. Also, since they are a global company, if they do maintenance in the wee hours of the morning here, they are cutting into the play time of somewhere else across the world where it is daytime.
I can't wait to see if anything new has been added in this maintenance. I will probably be talking to friends and everything on here all day to help pass the time more quickly. I hope I did not upset you and I also hope I helped you see Ganz's side too.
animegrl is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by animegrl
It does seem a bit unfair but the maintenance is extremely important. Without it, they could not add new items, games, and other fun stuff. They also try to fix some of the glitches when they do maintenance. I can understand your frustration but as a Network Engineer, I can also see their side of it. Also, since they are a global company, if they do maintenance in the wee hours of the morning here, they are cutting into the play time of somewhere else across the world where it is daytime.
I can't wait to see if anything new has been added in this maintenance. I will probably be talking to friends and everything on here all day to help pass the time more quickly. I hope I did not upset you and I also hope I helped you see Ganz's side too.
Thanks for responding. I am glad that you see both sides. I understand that maintenance is really important, I am just hoping that some of my favorite activities (Like the wheel of yum, big button of kinzcash, etc.) aren't on during maintenance. I am looking forward to what maintenance is bring too. I hope that the growing tree house is finished, and that glitches are fixed, and new stuff is added. I look forward to maintenance, but at the same time don't. I did not realize that other people in other countries are able to play when we have maintenance. Thanks for adding that because that has made me realize that when I am playing someone else can't. You didn't upset me at all, you made me realize both sides. Thanks so much for you response, it has made be more happy about maintenance. I guess sometimes we just expect that we can do everything when we want to, and this has helped me so much. Thanks again.
superstar5
Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
Lil Kinz
villandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not be down for just an hour or two a day, like all the other large sites? All day without being able to log in is ridiculous!

Atleast we know they aren't discriminating in favor of the U.S. Site is down all day here!

Yours,
Dora Smith
Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by villandra
Why not be down for just an hour or two a day, like all the other large sites? All day without being able to log in is ridiculous!

Atleast we know they aren't discriminating in favor of the U.S. Site is down all day here!

Yours,
Dora Smith
I am sorry that you will not be able to get on all day. I wish that you would read animegirl's response to me. As frusterating as it is, she has made me realize that it is important, and that good things can come from maintance. Hopefully you will be able to get on.
superstar5
Old 07-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
Webkinz :)

sorry is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by villandra

Yours,
Dora Smith
Ganz Trys to do as much Maintenance at once and when they go down as Night at 3 pm kinz time is to re set the daliy activities And give the severs a breack as not to get to over heated and crash. Let just let Ganz do there job and hang out here at Webkinzinsider and before you know it it well be back up!
sorry is offline Male
Old 07-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by sorry
Ganz Trys to do as much Maintenance at once and when they go down as Night at 3 pm kinz time is to re set the daliy activities And give the severs a breack as not to get to over heated and crash. Let just let Ganz do there job and hang out here at Webkinzinsider and before you know it it well be back up!
Thanks for your post. I now understand that it is really good to have maintance , I was frusterated because I am leaving for vacation, and I want to go on before I leave. Thanks for all of your help.
superstar5
P.S. I hope that everyone will see maintenance in a new and better light.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
biggermomma

biggermomma is an unknown quantity at this point

These are all good points about maintenance.

On another point, during the past two times that Ganz has posted on the front log-in page about an upcoming maintenance along with a timeframe (for example, 8 a.m. - noon EST), the actual downtime has been less than the original estimated time. So some of those daily activities may be achievable!

Today's maintenance (a full 8 hours, if that is what actually comes to be), is the longest one I can remember in a long while. I hope this means we can expect lots of new and wonderful things on WW, along with fewer glitches. We can only hope.

Thank heavens there is WI to help us pass the time!
biggermomma is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #9
bekahluvsjesus(:

bekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guide

Wow! I just read all of this, and it really let me see that maintenence can be good! Thanks to everyone! Maybe the 2nd clubhouse will be done, or there will be a new arcade game! And maybe there will be fewer glitches! I hope so! Now I'm excited to see what great things ganz has done!! Thanks!

-bekah_rose
bekah_rose is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by biggermomma
These are all good points about maintenance.

On another point, during the past two times that Ganz has posted on the front log-in page about an upcoming maintenance along with a timeframe (for example, 8 a.m. - noon EST), the actual downtime has been less than the original estimated time. So some of those daily activities may be achievable!

Today's maintenance (a full 8 hours, if that is what actually comes to be), is the longest one I can remember in a long while. I hope this means we can expect lots of new and wonderful things on WW, along with fewer glitches. We can only hope.

Thank heavens there is WI to help us pass the time!
It is a nice surprise when maintenance is shorter than expected. I am hoping that we will get lots of new things after this maintenance. I just wish that they would have told us sooner, like previous times. Then it is expected, and not as big of a deal.
Closed