Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2018, 12:56 AM   #1
Shinyember
Webkinz :)

Shinyember has a reputation beyond reputeShinyember has a reputation beyond reputeShinyember has a reputation beyond reputeShinyember has a reputation beyond reputeShinyember has a reputation beyond repute

Default Unanswered: Do knock-off webkinz exist?

I don't know if this is the right place on the site to ask this or not but it's a question I been wondering. Do knock-off webkinz exist? If so, what would the red-flags when shopping online for webkinz be (Since I buy all my webkinz online)? If there aren't any knock-off webkinz currently what about historically? If there have been none ever, why do you think that is?
Shinyember is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2018, 03:50 AM   #2

Superfly Sister is epic beyond epicnessSuperfly Sister is epic beyond epicnessSuperfly Sister is epic beyond epicnessSuperfly Sister is epic beyond epicness
Superfly Sister is epic beyond epicnessSuperfly Sister is epic beyond epicnessSuperfly Sister is epic beyond epicnessSuperfly Sister is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Do knock-off webkinz exist?

Hi Shinyember!

No idea whether or not there are any "knock-offs" out there, but if you are looking for a new plush pet with a virtual pet code and it doesn't have it, or if the pet is missing its tush tags or Magic W, those are all tell-tale signs that it may not be a real Webkinz. There are some rare cases, of course, where a manufacturing error could have been made, such as with the Magic W missing. I actually have a Webkinz plush that has 2 Magic W on it. I'm fairly certain it's real, but there is always a chance that it may not be. Word to the wise - always check pictures of Webkinz listed online very carefully. Don't assume there is always going to be a virtual pet code (some people sell used plush pets without the code) and look for the tush tags and Magic W. Typically if a Webkinz pet has some kind of "irregularity," the seller will (or at least should) mention it in their listing of the item. If the actual pet is not pictured, say there is just a stock photo of the pet, you can try to request pictures of the pet you are thinking of buying, but chances are you may not end up getting that exact one anyway as those type of sellers typically have several of the listed pet for sale. Other than that, all you can really do is hope that you get what you are expecting, and if not, check the site/seller's return policy to see if you can send it back. I myself prefer to buy plush pets in stores so I can look at all the faces and determine which one I like the most, but unfortunately, Webkinz don't seem to be sold in very many stores anymore. I have bought several pets from Amazon and the Ganz eStore and a few from eBay and none of them seem to have any authenticity issues.

I hope that helps!
***Superfly Sister***
Superfly Sister is offline Female
Old 11-02-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃-☆゚.*・。

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

There are several different virtual pets out there, aside from Webkinz and they were all created during the hype and height of Webkinz. There are the Shining Stars plush by Russ that went out of business a while back (child chose a star and named their pet) The pets were eerily similar to Ganz pets. There was also the KooKeys and they lasted a very short while; these too looked similar to Webkinz but the quality of plush wasn't there.
So, yes as far as knock offs go, there were a few.
Like Superfly stated, though, on the paw or rump is a clear indication it is the real-deal. The Tush tag also tells you it's a webkinz pet.
There are Ganz branded plush that are just ordinary, too, and look very similar to the Kinz line, but they come with no code. The Grumpy cat was released both as a plush and a plush with code. The Chihuahua was a popular item and it was released in three pastel colors during Easter back in 2008. But those were not coded. (really wish they were, they'd make super Spring Celebration pets!)
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 11-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
Shinyember

Shinyember has a reputation beyond reputeShinyember has a reputation beyond reputeShinyember has a reputation beyond reputeShinyember has a reputation beyond reputeShinyember has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, thanks for responding. Now, I don't mind if the webkinz doesn't come with a code (I have some second-hand webkinz I got from a thrift store). Or if it has a manufacturing defect, or is just a regular. I've never heard of Kookeys and only seen a single picture of a 'Shining Stars' plush before. I wonder if other knock-offs existed?
Shinyember is offline Female
Old 11-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #5
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

I have often bought webkinz plush on Ebay and as long as you buy from a reputable dealer and make sure it says new with sealed tag and there is a picture it should be genuine. I have never gotten a knock off when I was careful who I purchased from.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 11-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #6
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Hi!

I don't think there's any webkinz fakes but they've been around for so long I wouldn't be surprised if there were any out there. The only way to really "avoid" buying fakes if there are any out there are to buy from reputable sellers such as Amazon. Even then there's no guarantee but you have a lot less chance of a fake. I hope that made sense at all. I hope the answers I've provided & everyone gives you helps you out in your search!
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 11-05-2018, 01:41 AM   #7

Smile Re: Do knock-off webkinz exist?

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
There are several different virtual pets out there, aside from Webkinz and they were all created during the hype and height of Webkinz. There are the Shining Stars plush by Russ that went out of business a while back (child chose a star and named their pet) The pets were eerily similar to Ganz pets. There was also the KooKeys and they lasted a very short while; these too looked similar to Webkinz but the quality of plush wasn't there.
So, yes as far as knock offs go, there were a few.
Like Superfly stated, though, on the paw or rump is a clear indication it is the real-deal. The Tush tag also tells you it's a webkinz pet.
There are Ganz branded plush that are just ordinary, too, and look very similar to the Kinz line, but they come with no code. The Grumpy cat was released both as a plush and a plush with code. The Chihuahua was a popular item and it was released in three pastel colors during Easter back in 2008. But those were not coded. (really wish they were, they'd make super Spring Celebration pets!)
I had no idea about the Shining Stars and KooKeys, Dixie! Learned something new today! I looked them both up online and browsed through some pictures of the plush and virtual pets. I wasn't too impressed with either of the brands' actual plush pets, but the virtuals looked pretty cute. Here are some pictures of those in cases anyone is curious...

KooKeys:

Click the image to open in full size.

Shining Stars by Russ:

Click the image to open in full size.

As far as I can tell, neither of these games exist anymore... The company behind Shining Stars went bankrupt in April of 2011, and I can't find a website for the other. It appears, however, that Amazon, etc. still has plush from both games for sale, but like I said, the plush didn't seem all that impressive (to me anyway).

Last edited by Superfly Sister; 11-05-2018 at 01:46 AM..
Superfly Sister is offline Female
Closed