Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

I♥Twilight has disabled reputation

Question Unanswered: Could someone help me understand and explain this?

could someone please explain to me the whole trading process here on wi cause i don't really understand how we trade webkinz items on here? ???

twilight
I♥Twilight is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Could someone help me understand and explain this?

I'll try my best to explain it step by step... it'll take a while for me to type...

Well, you have a thread called a Gift Exchange (GE) and there you have a list of items you have up for trade and another list of items that you would like to recieve. Another trader comes and posts on your GE asking if they can go ahead and offer on a certain item/s. You let them offer and if you like their items you tell them your WW user name, they tell you their's and you send them a friend request (on WW, FR) Then the person with the least amount of Giftz (found under your # of posts) sends first, when you recieve their gift, you send. Then both of you leave feedback (FB) which is like an evaluation on how the trade went and how the trader was. When both people have left FB then the trade is 100% compleated.

Hope this isn't just confusing you more!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #3

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
I'll try my best to explain it step by step... it'll take a while for me to type...

Well, you have a thread called a Gift Exchange (GE) and there you have a list of items you have up for trade and another list of items that you would like to recieve. Another trader comes and posts on your GE asking if they can go ahead and offer on a certain item/s. You let them offer and if you like their items you tell them your WW user name, they tell you their's and you send them a friend request (on WW, FR) Then the person with the least amount of Giftz (found under your # of posts) sends first, when you recieve their gift, you send. Then both of you leave feedback (FB) which is like an evaluation on how the trade went and how the trader was. When both people have left FB then the trade is 100% compleated.

Hope this isn't just confusing you more!
thanks so much! that was exacly what i needed explained!

but one more question what happens if you don't get their gift???
Old 04-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by I♥Twilight
thanks so much! that was exacly what i needed explained!

but one more question what happens if you don't get their gift???
Instead of leaving positive feedback, you would leave negative, which would cause the 100% by their Giftz to drop and I guess you would flag it and let the staff take care of it... its never happened to me, so I'm not 100% sure...
Old 04-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
Do you like cake?

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Sorry, I'm not in the gift thing, I hardly know anything about it! lol
rachel21 is offline Female
Old 04-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

dotdotduck has explained most of it for ya, I'll try to explain the process in first getting to the GE.
Before you start any of that, first, you have to become a Gift Trainee *** GT}. You can apply here:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...mation-219641/
Once you get accepted (might not be right away ), the Training GE (forgot what it's called) will be unlocked to you. I believe that you have to post at this thread, and you'll be assigned a Gift Coach *** GC}. Your next few weeks will be filled with pop quizzes, quick trades, making lists, and giving feedback (sounds like fun, right? xD)
After making a few really good trades, you'll become Gifted, and the "Big GE" will be unlocked to you.
But trading itself, is basically what dotdotduck said, I just thought you'd might like to know how to get there.

LOL, hope I didn't get you really confused, it's just a really long process.
Good luck, and I hope we see you in the GE soon!
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 04-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
dotdotduck has explained most of it for ya, I'll try to explain the process in first getting to the GE.
Before you start any of that, first, you have to become a Gift Trainee *** GT}. You can apply here:
Once you get accepted (might not be right away ), the Training GE (forgot what it's called) will be unlocked to you. I believe that you have to post at this thread, and you'll be assigned a Gift Coach *** GC}. Your next few weeks will be filled with pop quizzes, quick trades, making lists, and giving feedback (sounds like fun, right? xD)
After making a few really good trades, you'll become Gifted, and the "Big GE" will be unlocked to you.
But trading itself, is basically what dotdotduck said, I just thought you'd might like to know how to get there.

~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
Very well said, Catherine

and the Training GE is called the TGE
Old 04-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #8

View Post Originally Posted by rachel21
Sorry, I'm not in the gift thing, I hardly know anything about it! lol
thats ok thanks anyway!

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321

~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
thanks so much! i love it how everyone here is just soooo nice and helpful!!! (unlike other webkinz sites that i go on)
Old 04-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Well, when you become Gifted, or a Gift Trainee, you can choose to make a Gift Exchange Thread. You don't have to, but it might be easier for the people you're trading with to know what you'd like to receive. Alright, so first, if you decide to construct a Gift Exchange Thread, then you'd type up all the items that you'd like to trade for others on WW, so lets say you had two Poodle PSI's. Maybe you'd like to trade the 2nd one for something else, you'd write that in your thread. Someone might be wanting that, so they'd come on your thread and maybe type something like this:

Hi there, I♥twilight!
I'd really like to offer on your Poodle PSI. Let me know what you'd like!

So, this is where your 'Wants List' comes in handy. Lets say you've been wanting a Pig PSI for awhile - then you'd write that down under your wants. Lets say the person who wants your Poodle Item has an extra Pig Item, so you could ask for that! The two of you would have to agree to the trade, and one of you would add the other member on WW. The member with the least amount of Trades would have to send first. So lets say you have 12, and they had 24, you'd have to send the Poodle Item first, and they'd have to receive it before sending the Pig Item.

I hope I explained it clearly enough, if you have troubles with the Gift Exchange let me know, or even better, contact a Gift Coach, they'll be sure to have answers to all your questions. (:
Good luck in the Gift Exchange!

- Candice
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 04-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #10

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
Well, when you become Gifted, or a Gift Trainee, you can choose to make a Gift Exchange Thread. You don't have to, but it might be easier for the people you're trading with to know what you'd like to receive. Alright, so first, if you decide to construct a Gift Exchange Thread, then you'd type up all the items that you'd like to trade for others on WW, so lets say you had two Poodle PSI's. Maybe you'd like to trade the 2nd one for something else, you'd write that in your thread. Someone might be wanting that, so they'd come on your thread and maybe type something like this:

Hi there, I♥twilight!
I'd really like to offer on your Poodle PSI. Let me know what you'd like!

So, this is where your 'Wants List' comes in handy. Lets say you've been wanting a Pig PSI for awhile - then you'd write that down under your wants. Lets say the person who wants your Poodle Item has an extra Pig Item, so you could ask for that! The two of you would have to agree to the trade, and one of you would add the other member on WW. The member with the least amount of Trades would have to send first. So lets say you have 12, and they had 24, you'd have to send the Poodle Item first, and they'd have to receive it before sending the Pig Item.

I hope I explained it clearly enough, if you have troubles with the Gift Exchange let me know, or even better, contact a Gift Coach, they'll be sure to have answers to all your questions. (:
Good luck in the Gift Exchange!

- Candice
thank you so much! i don't think that i'll be joining but i was always wondering how it worked!
Closed