Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Gifted

lilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Unanswered: Could Mozilla FF be giving me viruses?

The past few weeks, I've tended to use Mozilla Firefox. But my computer anti spyware has had a spike in tracking cookies and other viruses. The only sites I get on are WW, Yahoo mail and WI in it. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it my computer?
lilduckey99 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
ants to move doors!
Webkinz :)

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

Default Re: Could Mozilla FF be giving me viruses?

Well, if you are getting something, it is not from your browser. Maybe someone else is using the computer? I would suggest running Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and see what it finds.

Malwarebytes
Old 02-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

No it is not just your computer. As many of my family swears by the security of Firefox I find that every computer I use it on even with anti-virus stuff happens to the computer after using it.
I have seen 4 computers being effected by this after using it.
I don't know what is wrong with it or what can be done to fix it. Esp since Anti-Viruses are protecting it and still have the issues.
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

It's very possible. i used firefox for a few weeks, and then my computer whiz cousin was checking his email at my house on my computer and he found 3,000 files downloaded without permission on my computer due to firefox. our computer started to run slower, and it was brand new...
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #5

Lightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonderLightning wows us all with wonder

Hmm, some ads on WI have given me viruses before. I hope you work this out!
Lightning is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
-ba dum tss-
Banned
ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!ColliePuppyxo is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Lightning
Hmm, some ads on WI have given me viruses before. I hope you work this out!
I suggest ad-block plus. Ever since I downloaded it I hadn't seen any ads at all.

I use mozilla firefox and my computer is doing just fine. :] It might be your computer?
ColliePuppyxo is offline Female
Old 02-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #7

dartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all arounddartmar radiates beauty and kindness all around

Cookies are not viruses. Most are perfectly legitimate. That is how this site remembers your log-in without having to re-enter it every time. You can go to the settings to tighten up your security and to determine which cookies you want and how long you want to keep them for. Turn off ads and pop-ups that should keep down much of the crud.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

im sure there is something else wrong, but it can not be firefox, i have always used firefox
maybe its something to do with cookies???

View Post Originally Posted by ratgirl57
It's very possible. i used firefox for a few weeks, and then my computer whiz cousin was checking his email at my house on my computer and he found 3,000 files downloaded without permission on my computer due to firefox. our computer started to run slower, and it was brand new...
it cant be due to firefox, my giess is since its a new computer you didn't have a lot of anti virus software on it. make sure when you get a new computer it has stuff on it
jellydonut is offline Female
Closed