Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Arrow Unanswered: COULD ESTORE BUYERS help me with this problem?

i buy one of each item in the estore IF I CAN AFFORD IT........ i started out that way and i like the items, in the beginning it was easy to keep track of what codes i have, but now they offer so much that its hard for me to tell what i have purchased already.............. i write everything down so i have all my unused codes and a list of all the items i have on my accts...............

my problem is that each saturday i end up having to look through each list to make sure i dont buy another duplicate of an item i purchased before................ many times i have something i didnt rememebr buying, because things can be named similar alot of times.......... and this week they seem to be offering something as 'new' but i already have listed that item as purchased before. the items are just getting too many and often i dont have the time to put in the codes as i purchase them because i dont know what acct to put them in or how to use them, jsut that i want to have them for rooms i have in my head..........................

so im getting confused as to how to know what items are new in any particular saturday.............beyond writing down things which i already do, can anyone tell me how is a surefire way to tell what items are brand new to the estore and safe to buy without having to check my lists??????????????????, it wastes so much time to do that with each item in the 'advantage weekend' and the 'weekend' areas...................

id appreciate it, because its getting soooooooooooo not enjoyable since they upped the items for purchase ---------- i dont want to stop buying the things i like but i dont want to give them any more money than i do, its starting to irritate me that they cant make it more clear what is totally new.

any suggestions on where to look in the estore for totally new items each saturday?
thank you ahead of time...................
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 03:13 AM   #2
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Default Re: COULD ESTORE BUYERS help me with this problem?

WOW that's a big task!!!
I'm not really sure unless you save your email notifications?
And that way you wouldn't have to write them down but then you'd have to search through A LOT of emails!
I know what if you printed all the WI wiki estore items and just put a check mark over the items you have and write the code above or below the item?
If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Good luck
Have fun shopping!
aug2168 is offline Female
Old 11-06-2010, 04:31 AM   #3

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Hi Basmat. I know which item is frustrating you this weekend .... it's the Salt Water Safe. Ganz makes it sound like a new item but it's been released before ... like about 2½ months ago.

If you prefer a simple method of keeping track of your lists, you could enter all of your information into a simple program called Notepad that automatically comes installed with every version of Windows. Notepad does nothing much but let you type information, search for information within the document, and save it. It's not fancy, but it does the job.

Let me give you an example .... let's pretend the list I made up below is your list of eStore items.

Artistic Acrylic Paint Set
Baby Buttercups Plant
Blue Paint Paw Prints
Bustling Backpack
Camp Kinz Canoe Paddles
Catnip Planter
Chrome Double Slice Toaster
Classic Sewing Machine
Dex Dangerous Action Figure
Digital Alarm Clock

And pretend the list is really, really long. Now you want to see if you already have an item that is available at the eStore. Press ALT+F and a "Find" box pops up on your screen. You enter all or part of the name of the item you are looking for, let's say the "Sewing Machine", and you type "sewing machine" in the box and click on OK and Notepad will jump right to the item with the words "sewing machine" in it. Let's pretend you were searching for "hopscotch rug" ~ which item is not on your list ~ Notepad will give you a message "Cannot find hopscotch rug" and then you know you don't have it already.

If you are interested in transferring your lists to Notepad (or if you're feeling especially adventurous you could use Wordpad which is a little bit fancier LOL), PM me and I'll help you get started and send some screenshots your way that will take any guesswork out of how to search for information in your digital list.

Either that or I can PM you every Friday night at midnight and let you know what is new !! I keep lists, as well, except I use a spreadsheet program called Excel. I am very OCD-ish about keeping my spreadsheet up-to-date and add the new items in at about 12:10 AM without fail.

Last edited by MysticZon; 11-06-2010 at 04:35 AM..
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 11-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
Gift Guru

webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!webkinzmomma is not just visiting!

I would agree a word document with the name of the item next to the code would make things much easier. Doing crtl + F to find the item would be much less time consuming then trying to find it after writing it down.
Good Luck
webkinzmomma is offline Female
Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

boy, i never thought about using the things i have on my computer since i dont have reason to use them much, but for this it could work out really well................. and mysticzon you hit it perfectly, it WAS the salt water safe! that was spooky!!!!!!!!!!! good job figuring that out.........

i was wondering, is the 'what is hot this week' area of the front page a good indictation of what is new? i cant really tell anymore........................

the idea about using my eamils was a good suggestion but still a lot work, but thank you anyway for that suggestion. i didnt think of that either.................. lol.

oh, am i remembering wrong, but didnt WI used to highlight the new items on the front page each week?????????? i wish they would do that again........... it was really really helpful ....... i guess they are having trouble keeping up too...........lol!

Last edited by BASMAT; 11-07-2010 at 12:52 AM..
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 11-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #6

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Hi again Basmat. I thought of the front page of WI as being a good place to check what is new but that's not always the case. Whoever posts the articles about what is available that particular weekend at the eStore doesn't always indicate (and it used to be in bold red text) what is new. It certainly would be a great idea if the WI staff members began that practice and did so every weekend.

Insofar as relying on the "What's Hot" section of the eStore, that is not always a reliable indication of what is new. Ganz uses that section to push whatever items it wants to sell the most of that weekend (or throughout the week). Ganz wants us to think if it's "hot", we'll buy it. I have seen many items appear in the "What's Hot" section that weren't new, but are usually relative new.

Something else you can consider as a source of whether you have already bought something is your Order History under Manage Account in your eStore account. It contains the information of every item you have bought at the eStore, including the codes, date of purchase and how much you paid for it in points. What it won't tell you is what codes you have already used. That's where your handwritten lists come in. While it is also time consuming to scan through all of the pages in your Order History (and I'll bet yours is probably more than 20 pages in length ), it could be a good point of reference if you want to double check your handwritten lists against what you have bought.

But in my opinion, your best method to keep track of what you already have is to make a digital list in Notepad or Wordpad and use the "Find" feature. I strongly suggest that if you go this route, you make a backup of the file in case something happens to the original file. I back mine up on a flash drive every couple of days.

If you have any questions about how to start making a digital list and keeping on top of it, just PM me and I'll be more than pleased to help you.

PS ~ As for the Salt Water Safe being the "item in question" that started you along this line of thinking .... I knew it wasn't a new item the moment I saw it under the COMING SOON section last week. I just knew it wasn't a new item and when I checked my spreadsheet, sure enough, I already had it recorded but that I hadn't purchased one.

Last edited by MysticZon; 11-07-2010 at 02:39 PM..
Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 AM   #7
i wish i was a

MYSTICZON, i am going to have to either keep my lists as i have them and keep the same longhand system or type things into a list as you suggest.............. the digital way will take a while for me so ill hafve to keep my list method if i do that.................. but i like the search feature on that............. what id do is just keep my longhand lists anyway as a redundant backup if i go that way.......... but it is time consuming to type up the list and im constrained for time with this hobby anyway so its part of my frustration is all the paperwork and lists i have to develope anymore................ its making it so i spend more time witht hat than having fun in my accts............ and i really am near a breaking point in so many ways................ it never was this way when i started , they had way less ancillary products for purchase so i started playing the game a certain way and now im kinda lost...............

i wanted to cut down on estore purchases if they were going to keep adding so many items, but often i like the items............. but im torn, especially when they are starting to be deceptive now like with the salt water safe being listed in the 'coming soon' section as if it were new............... now i am thinking i might have to really cut back because that is wrong. i have been at my frustration point with the estore for a while so this may have been the tipping point for me to buy less............ i dont like that deception and added confusion, agin the greed aspect. imean why do that particular thing? anyway, thats my issue i guess.............. lol.

all they need do is put a section in 'new this week' but i know they wont. they probably are making lots of money on those who dont keep track of what they get............. i dont know....

i once tried to use the estore order history feature but without a search area and without them saying ont he front page of my order history area, it is way too long to try to search through........ thanks for the suggestion........... i use that the way you do , to check for codes and to see if i bought something if i know the approximate date..............

i noticed the smae thing you did about the 'whats hot' section, it is stuff they want to push, and i never trusted it either..............

i soooooooooooooooo wish the WI front page would again highlight the new items, it was so easy for me that way................ i wonder why they stopped that................ anyway, i very much appreciate your hints here and i will start exploring wordpad.................

hey i jsut thought of something, on WI here dont they have something like that on the page you check any reps you have gotten? i have neveer used that, does anyone know about this area? i guess i ll check that out too................ after i play in my accts........... lol.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 AM   #8

MysticZon is sweet stuff

Basmat, I totally understand where you are coming from and the frustration that ensues. I've reached my breaking point with Ganz on numerous issues, not just about the eStore, at least a dozen times in the last couple of years and still I play ... [sigh] ... but that is another story for another time.

You know what I think will make things easier for you ... I will copy and paste my list of eStore items from my Excel spreadsheet into Notepad and then PM you the link so you can download it.

The list contains every item that has ever been made available at the eStore since the first day the eStore opened and it is (in my opinion LOL) very well organized into categories but not like the categories at the eStore. My categories make sense. LOL I will make the text large for you to read as I know you don't like tiny text. This will be a great way for you to get a jump on your digital list and all you have to do is delete what items you didn't buy and keep adding to the list the items you do buy. I'll also keep you posted by PM as new items are added so you can add them to the list (even if you don't buy them) if you so choose.

And yes, do not ever throw away your handwritten lists as they are a good source of backup in their own right.

I will copy and paste my data into Notepad and that way you can copy and paste it into any text program you wish if you want to make it look fancy. Notepad is a basic program that doesn't let you do much more than type text, search for text and save the document. Beyond that, you can't even use two different sizes of fonts or any different colour of text except for black, it's THAT basic. So if you want something fancier, you'll need to use Wordpad.

Last edited by MysticZon; 11-08-2010 at 03:59 AM..
Old 11-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Excel baby...all the way! And no, I'm not talking about the gum. Hugs to you Basmat.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #10

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
Excel baby...all the way! And no, I'm not talking about the gum. Hugs to you Basmat.
Yes my list is in Excel also. Of course it would work better if I would be consistent about entering new items . Sometimes I have to go back to my order history and make sure I have captured all the new purchases.

I have a couple accounts I consider my main accounts. Sometimes I do want two of an item. So I also have columns to indicate which account I have put the items in so I don't go crazy looking for them!

I also do a screen capture of the purchase. I note on the (digital) image what account the item has gone into. This is my backup. Before I delete or save the images I try to make sure I have updated my master list.
CheekyDB is offline Female
Closed