Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

BarnCatt is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: contest help needed! Please Reply

I am having trouble uploading my picture for the kinzville newz contest. It kept telling me that me image was to bring so a had to shrink it several times. Now it is telling me 'Unknown Image Extension' What does this mean? What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: contest help needed! Please Reply

Maybe it's too small? If that's not the case, then I think it's just a problem that kinzvillenews.com is having.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
here the wild things
Gift Guru

amandainohio24 flows towards the sea of knowledgeamandainohio24 flows towards the sea of knowledgeamandainohio24 flows towards the sea of knowledgeamandainohio24 flows towards the sea of knowledgeamandainohio24 flows towards the sea of knowledgeamandainohio24 flows towards the sea of knowledgeamandainohio24 flows towards the sea of knowledgeamandainohio24 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I am getting that same message. I finally was able to get the image small enough, now I get this message. Grrrr!
amandainohio24 is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

Are you guys sure that your image is saved as a JPEG? It has to be a JPEG.

This is what works for me on my PC. To upload a picture of a room from WW I do a screen capture. Just click the key on your keyboard with Prt Scr on it. Next I open the program "paint". Do a search if you cannot find that program. I then command paste my screen capture into "Paint". Next I crop the picture to the size I want by putting a box around the area I want and then selecting crop. I then name and save my new image as a gif or JPEG to my desktop (you could try both ways).

You would then go to the Kinzville News contest, click the browse button and locate your new image on your desktop.

Last edited by Electrabuzz1; 01-31-2009 at 08:25 PM..
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #5

BarnCatt is on a distinguished road

You're right Electrabuzz. Gee whiz, who knew that there were different file types on paint.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Call Me web or wr231

WebkinzRocks231 is a name known to allWebkinzRocks231 is a name known to allWebkinzRocks231 is a name known to all

The same thing is happening to me! How do you know what file the image is on? And how do I get to the right size?
WebkinzRocks231 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzRocks231
The same thing is happening to me! How do you know what file the image is on? And how do I get to the right size?
Hi, if you follow my instructions on doing a screen capture, pasting it into paint and saving it as a JPEG you should not have a problem with the size. Mine are always around 65kb. Much smaller than the maximum allotted size. See my previous instructions on this thread.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #8

dragonfly is a jewel in the roughdragonfly is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Electrabuzz1
Are you guys sure that your image is saved as a JPEG? It has to be a JPEG.

This is what works for me on my PC. To upload a picture of a room from WW I do a screen capture. Just click the key on your keyboard with Prt Scr on it. Next I open the program "paint". Do a search if you cannot find that program. I then command paste my screen capture into "Paint". Next I crop the picture to the size I want by putting a box around the area I want and then selecting crop. I then name and save my new image as a gif or JPEG to my desktop (you could try both ways).

You would then go to the Kinzville News contest, click the browse button and locate your new image on your desktop.
On my Paint I can't find a crop command(where is that found?) so I have to Cut then use the Clear Image. My Paint is located under Accessories. The JPEG is in the drop down list when you save your picture. My biggest problem is getting my pics size small enough. Good Luck with the contest.
dragonfly is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
Autism Awareness

View Post Originally Posted by dragonfly
On my Paint I can't find a crop command(where is that found?) so I have to Cut then use the Clear Image. My Paint is located under Accessories. The JPEG is in the drop down list when you save your picture. My biggest problem is getting my pics size small enough. Good Luck with the contest.
Cropping
In my paint version you just draw a box around the area you want to crop to (using that rectangle dashed tool - called select) then you go to the menus at the top, click on the one called image, select crop and voila.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #10

Macalla is an unknown quantity at this point

i need help too my picture won't save on paint ! ! !
Macalla is offline Male
Closed