Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

CJARED is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Concerns about people requesting to be added to friends list

I have logged into my daughters account on several times and their are people she has no idea who they are requesting to be added to her friends list. She doens't go into the clubhouse or tournament area. I'm needing to know if there is anyway people could be getting her name if she doesn't go into these areas. It really concerns me that odd people are trying to be added to her friends list. Everytime there is one on there I block their names, but is there a way that I can't stop people from asking to be added.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Concerns about people requesting to be added to friends list

Look on her My Page and see if her preferences are set where everybody can see her My Page. That's what happened to me. I put up my My Page, and the next day, I had about 7 -8 friend requests. I blocked them all, but my preferences were set to where everybody could see my My Page. When I reset it, I had no new friend requests coming in. See if that's it.

I meant to say when I reset it and put on my preferences that only certain people could see my My Page, I didn't have all those requests coming in.

Last edited by Polarity; 09-13-2008 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: added to post
Polarity is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #3

CJARED is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I looked there and she was checked for the search and for everyone to view. I've changed it all maybe that will stop it. Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
derrie100

Derrie is on a distinguished road

just take the "ask to become friends" link off of the my page
Derrie is offline Male
Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by CJARED
Thanks I looked there and she was checked for the search and for everyone to view. I've changed it all maybe that will stop it. Thanks again for the help.
You're welcome! Glad I could help! I know when it happened to me and I logged in the next day, it scared me to death, until I remembered that, and checked there.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
My dog likes

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Derrie
Yeah, you don't have to make it so that no one can see it, cause then what's the point of my page if no one sees it? Just take the "ask to become friends" thing off so that people can still see it, but not ask to be her friend. I got scared the first time I saw a friend request from my page, too.
Tango is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I wouldent block the user if I was you though cuz lets say you became gifted and someone has too trade with you you cant get that item unless you do it on another account
minimaid is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Derrie
Where is that located? My kids have gotten a lot of requests lately too and I'd like to change that, but I don't see it in 'My Page'.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #9
The Awesome are
Gifted

Web69kinzs will become famous soon enough

I have also been getting many friends request.
Sometimes I yes, and sometimes I say no.
Good idea Derrie.
Web69kinzs is offline Female
Old 09-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #10
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
I wouldent block the user if I was you though cuz lets say you became gifted and someone has too trade with you you cant get that item unless you do it on another account
If you take someone off your phone, you can always add them later. I practice the same as you . I don't want strangeers on my phone. i've gotten random requests, too, & delete them.
momwhoplays is offline Female
Closed