Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
SEH58
Gift Guru

sherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant future

Default Unanswered: concerning mods and admins. RESTATED

Okay, I think I confused everyone in the way I asked my question. I sent pms to two monitors I got from the list off the link at bottom of forum page. It takes you to a list of numerous admins and moderators all in blue and red. My question was how do you tell which of these are on duty.
I now see at the bottom of this page the name of the mod on duty but there wasn't one on the main forum page. Now I know you can find them at the bottom of other forum pages, that will help, thank you.

The nature of my pms to two different admins. concerned reporting what I considered inappropriate ads. My 2nd pms to same admins was to confirm they received them and to give me some guidelines on what is considered appropriate for WI.

I realize I'm considered the "older" generation but I'm still raising a edited year old daughter and don't feel I'm a *****. I'm exposed to Britney Spears, (was) Jonas Brothers, Hanna Montana, etc. so feel I'm a pretty hip albeit "older" mom. My concern is for the very young on WI and from the response I received from fairlyoddmom (concerning a previous siting) I believe WI is also. (the word "hip" says it all doesn't it ?)

The nature of the pms is what made me expect a more timely reply and thus my thinking I sent them to mods who were not on duty.

Last edited by larkrose; 08-22-2008 at 03:05 PM..
sherrylaine is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Edward♥Cullen
Webkinz :)

E-Angel is a jewel in the roughE-Angel is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: concerning mods and admins. RESTATED

they probaby wernt on duty but u can start a thread oin somebody help and tell wat u pmed the mod/admins
then they will come (usually)
E-Angel is offline Female
Old 08-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

OR you could press that little red flag 'thingy' and they will respond to that. It isn't necessarily just for reporting, you can use it to alert a Moderator or an administrator to something you wish them to see.
The Ads are a bit of a problem, yes. But I don't know if the Administration can do much about them RIGHT away. I am sure they can address the issue with their Service provider, but it is in how long it takes for them to view it as seriously as we do. Just because the Ad hasn't been removed the moment we press the button, doesn't mean they aren't trying. Wendy and Justin PRIDE themselves on the fact that this site is one of the safest, (if not the safest) and they know that it is because of people like YOU who care about what everyone sees. We may have to just sit tight and allow the people in charge to be in charge.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 08-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Please don't post ages!!
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 08-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Clicking on the red flag is the fastest way to get the attention of a moderator. That'll let whoever is on line know that a post needs attention.

If you need to see who is online, on the main page of the forum, look at the names of all of the people who are logged on right now. Mods names are blue. Admins names are red. If you click on a name, you will go to that person's profile, and you can send a PM.
FIA is offline Female
Old 08-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
SEH58
Gift Guru

sherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
OR you could press that little red flag 'thingy' and they will respond to that. It isn't necessarily just for reporting, you can use it to alert a Moderator or an administrator to something you wish them to see.
The Ads are a bit of a problem, yes. But I don't know if the Administration can do much about them RIGHT away. I am sure they can address the issue with their Service provider, but it is in how long it takes for them to view it as seriously as we do. Just because the Ad hasn't been removed the moment we press the button, doesn't mean they aren't trying. Wendy and Justin PRIDE themselves on the fact that this site is one of the safest, (if not the safest) and they know that it is because of people like YOU who care about what everyone sees. We may have to just sit tight and allow the people in charge to be in charge.
Yes, I understand it takes time to investigate, and remove if necessary. My biggest concern was confirming I had sent them to the right admins. It's been two days and I've not gotten confirmation they received. I red flagged the message I posted here so hopefully I'll hear from a mod. soon.

Thanks for your assurance concerning the safety of this site.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Clicking on the red flag is the fastest way to get the attention of a moderator. That'll let whoever is on line know that a post needs attention.

If you need to see who is online, on the main page of the forum, look at the names of all of the people who are logged on right now. Mods names are blue. Admins names are red. If you click on a name, you will go to that person's profile, and you can send a PM.
See...we have TOP NOTCH posting on your thread! They are on the ball and they will get this matter cleared up.
You never have to worry about whether or not one of your flags or PM's has been seen by a Moderator or an Administrator. That is the purpose to their title. They are in this capacity because they care as much about this site as we do. (Justin and Wendy knew that when they chose them for these positions, they even go through a criminal records check before they are accepted! Talk about thorough!) They are as concerned about safety and Child protection as any mother on this site. A major portion of the staff are parents, themselves, so they are seeing what you see and probably having the same feelings about it as you.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 08-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
SEH58
Gift Guru

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm sure once I'm a little more computer saavy I won't be such a pain.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #9
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

You are not a pain! You had a legitimate question. We work very hard to filter out any inappropriate ads but every blue moon a bad one might slip past us. We appreciate our members being these type of issues to our attention. As FIA stated, the fastest way to reach a staff member is to click on the red flag.
mom2tc is offline Female
Closed