Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Obsessed with
Webkinz :)

nuttienetz is just really nicenuttienetz is just really nice

Question Unanswered: Computer Tech Help

I have a new computer. It is a Hewlett Packard. My old one was a Dell, but it froze, with a 15" moniter.

With this HP the webkinz window(http:mci2.webkinz.com) will not open any larger than 10x7". I have a 23" screen. This is crazy and I don't know what to do to fix it. My mom's screen opens to her 21" screen. Please help me if you can. Thanks for any help.
nuttienetz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Computer Tech Help

I'm not sure what's wrong, it was like that on our laptop to...

Have you tried clicking in the bottom corner and dragging the WW screen down to make it bigger, or try chaning your screen resolution (Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization, Change Screen Resolution).

You can also try hitting the F11 key, it makes it fullscreen, but I don't know if it works for WW...

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
00jacksonredwall

0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown

Try clicking the link in m y signature that says WW. Does that make it any bigger?
0jacksonredwall is offline Male
Old 09-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
Obsessed with

Clicking your WW gave me the opportunity to adjust the screen from the sides, but the webkinz window does not get any larger. Thanks for the link.......
Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
erinrardin
Gift Trainee

smrardin has a spectacular aura about

I assume you have windows. Is it vista? If so, I suggest getting someone to put XP on there instead. Vista is a pain in the ****. However, if you have vista, PM me and I will send you specific instructions for it.

Here is for if you have XP.

Put your mouse over a blank screen on your laptop. Using your mouse, click the right button once. You will get a pop up menu that has options on it. Choose PROPERTIES by clicking on it once with the left mouse button.

You will now see five tabs across the top. Select SETTINGS. You will now see another pop up box. Make sure your screen resolution is set to 1280 x 800 - all the way to the right on your slide scale.

Click save and reboot. You should be good to go.
smrardin is offline Female
Old 09-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

That happens on my laptop, too. I have a pretty wide screen, but it doesn't open all the way. My dad's computer has a huge screen....and yet it opens all the way anyways!

I guess it just depends on the type of computer you have.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 09-26-2009, 02:47 AM   #7
Obsessed with

I do have Vista. This is new to me. I still can't figure this out. My friend said to call Ganz for tech help. I am not sure if I should call Ganz, or HP.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 AM   #8
webkinz_forever

The problem is this *can't* be solved. Webkinz decided that they'd rely largely on bitmaps and so it will only show up in a set pixel size, so unless you change your monitor so the pixels get all messed up, it stays that way. It's bothered me for what.. 2 and a half years? Sorry...
Old 10-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Obsessed with

Thank you all for the help. The best I could do is reset the resolution. The screen is a little larger, than before. I still love my webbiez and will play them on my huge screen with a little window. Maybe I need glasses.

Reps to all who have helped.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #10
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

I guess you use Internet Explorer, right? I use Google Chrome with the same Screen Size and mine works fine. I will get the link to download it:
CLICK HERE FOR CHROME

Last edited by Galfam; 10-01-2009 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Adding the Link...
Galfam is offline Male
Closed