Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
ho?... Me?
Gifted

ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Question Answered: For the Computer Programming Savvy...

Is it possible for Ganz to make a bookshelf or display case to showcase our items? Such as shelves on the wall that you can place one item per room square?

I would love to suggest this idea, but I won't if it isn't feasible...

I would like to put shelves up in some of my rooms to display knick knacks, instead of on tables...

Thanks for helping....
ArkMama is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Mynoey
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. After all, the concept already exists in the graphic "inside" a storage item. Make the exterior graphic mirror the interior and, to keep it simple, make it a free standing unit. So many ways they could use that!

Trophy cases, shelving units, my personal wish...room dividers we could hang items upon (Think of the stores we could build). Basically, when the codings already exists to be able to put something in something or hang it on something AND make it visible when needed, I wouldn't consider it a huge project to find ways to make those coding modules work together for visible storage.

It would be a positive thing for us and for Ganz. After all, not all of us would only be using these things to display trophies, free, or wshop items. For some, it would be another way to display more things from the estore...which could bring in more estore sales.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
call me mer.
Webkinz :)

hespsn has much to be proud ofhespsn has much to be proud ofhespsn has much to be proud ofhespsn has much to be proud ofhespsn has much to be proud of

Default Re: For the Computer Programming Savvy...

I like your idea.
But I'm not sure if it's possible... even though, you're not sure about it working, you should probably still contact Ganz about it. It would make your rooms look more like someone lives there and uses things. I would contact them if I were you.
hespsn is offline Female
Old 12-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
ho?... Me?
Gifted

ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by hespsn
I like your idea.
But I'm not sure if it's possible... even though, you're not sure about it working, you should probably still contact Ganz about it. It would make your rooms look more like someone lives there and uses things. I would contact them if I were you.
But if it is not possible (like the bunk bed idea), then what use would it be to suggest it? I know many would love this idea for exactly to reason you stated.

I will suggest it if there is the slightest possibility that it would work...
Old 12-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
call me mer.

hespsn has much to be proud ofhespsn has much to be proud ofhespsn has much to be proud ofhespsn has much to be proud ofhespsn has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by ArkMama
But if it is not possible (like the bunk bed idea), then what use would it be to suggest it? I know many would love this idea for exactly to reason you stated.

I will suggest it if there is the slightest possibility that it would work...
I hope you do.

It most likely could work, because Ganz has done a lot of similar things, and created much more complex projects and items. I think you should still email or call them, because I don't really see why it wouldn't be able to work.

Last edited by hespsn; 12-19-2010 at 05:20 PM..
hespsn is offline Female
Old 12-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Wouldn't the programming be SIMILAR to items that go on tables?
Like only X number of items could go on a shelf?
Blythe is offline Female
Old 12-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
ho?... Me?
Gifted

Question Re: For the Computer Programming Savvy...

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Wouldn't the programming be SIMILAR to items that go on tables?
Like only X number of items could go on a shelf?
Yes, but the shelf is already on the wall. Wouldn't that be similar to putting two books on top of each other on a table?

-OR- Does the wall work like the floor? Where you can put a table on the floor, then a book on the table?

That is the Question!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Mynoey is sweet stuff
Mynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuff

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. After all, the concept already exists in the graphic "inside" a storage item. Make the exterior graphic mirror the interior and, to keep it simple, make it a free standing unit. So many ways they could use that!

Trophy cases, shelving units, my personal wish...room dividers we could hang items upon (Think of the stores we could build). Basically, when the codings already exists to be able to put something in something or hang it on something AND make it visible when needed, I wouldn't consider it a huge project to find ways to make those coding modules work together for visible storage.

It would be a positive thing for us and for Ganz. After all, not all of us would only be using these things to display trophies, free, or wshop items. For some, it would be another way to display more things from the estore...which could bring in more estore sales.
Mynoey is offline Female
Old 12-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #8

MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness
MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness

I would not see why it could not. If you use the same concept as tables I would think you could basically make "wall tabels" but would be a shelf.
MAKroll is offline Male
Old 12-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #9
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

That sounds awesome.
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 12-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #10
iamawackywinner2

gomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Button
gomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Button

I love your idea. It would be wonderful to display items like that. Would not take so much space a one item on a table. Great Idea.
gomommu41 is offline Female
Closed