Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #31
Halloween(:
Gifted

webkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Computer freezes up when I press get items from storage only on one accounts!! Plus, how long does it take for ganz to email you back?? PLEASE PELASE PLEASE HELP!! ='(

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
You are running Vista, right?

You hold down these keys, all at the same time: CTRL {control} plus/and ALT {alternate} plus/and DEL {delete} keyS. When you do that in vista the screen will change to a bunch of choices to click, where you would click Start Task Manager. The Task Manager Box will pop up with 'tabs' to choose to click on, which is where you would click on Processes. There will be quite a long list of things that are running {processes}, but you can click on things like your anti-virus program name then click the button in lower right that says End Process. You can repeat that step of selecting an item such as Windows Media, Yahoo Messenger and other programs that don't affect the computer running to end process including in Vista things/programs such as Windows Sidebar, Windows Media Player & Quicktime and other video/audio programs and so on. During this the dock {and browser window} should be unloading the dock and unlocking, although you may still have a bit of a please wait, that just depends. Usually some of these will release the 'hang'/stuck thing you're getting with the dock trying to load and open everything up.

I am running firefox

This is so frustrating

My mom said we can call Ganz later but any help is still greatly appreciated

Last edited by webkinz005; 09-26-2009 at 01:19 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #32
I LOVE my
Webkinz :)

Pumpernickel has a reputation beyond reputePumpernickel has a reputation beyond reputePumpernickel has a reputation beyond reputePumpernickel has a reputation beyond reputePumpernickel has a reputation beyond reputePumpernickel has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Computer freezes up when I press get items from storage only on one accounts!! Plus, how long does it take for ganz to email you back?? PLEASE PELASE PLEASE HELP!! ='(

This happened to me before. I sent an e-mail to Ganz and they fixed it for me.

It took a while, though. You could call them because in the end, the e-mail will tell you to call them if you have a major issue.

You can try clicking "get items from storage" then just waiting for it to load, or going on Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla but I'm pretty sure its an account problem so changing probably won't help.

Good luck!!

-pumpernickel
Old 09-27-2009, 12:00 AM   #33
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz005
I am running firefox

This is so frustrating

My mom said we can call Ganz later but any help is still greatly appreciated
Firefox is your browser; Vista would be the Operating System -- the CTRL ALT DEL key sequence is to open the Task Manager in a PC running Windows regardless of the browser. If you are running the Mac/Apple PC then it would be slightly different {force quit in menu} but the objective is the same {to get certain programs that aren't critical to running the computer to stop, which sometimes shakes loose the freezing of the flash and all in that account}.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #34
Gifted

Clibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud of

I finally got my dock unstuck. I did have to make sure i had less that 1200 items. To do this was a pain. It might be a better way to do this, but this is what i did and it worked for me. I cleared my available dock by dumping items in a room and buying storage when Arte had some available. I got the storage and placed it immediately in a room, filling with the clothing available, logging out and in, placing more pants in the storage bins. VERY boring, but after i stored about 900 items (lots of wasted kincash in storage) my dock went back to normal and now i am selling the rest of the pants and can play again. I will never buy more than 500 items.

I am thinking of creating the "stuck dock webkinz foundation" to send storage bins to those in need.
Clibab is offline Female
Old 09-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #35
Halloween(:
Gifted

webkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Clibab
I finally got my dock unstuck. I did have to make sure i had less that 1200 items. To do this was a pain. It might be a better way to do this, but this is what i did and it worked for me. I cleared my available dock by dumping items in a room and buying storage when Arte had some available. I got the storage and placed it immediately in a room, filling with the clothing available, logging out and in, placing more pants in the storage bins. VERY boring, but after i stored about 900 items (lots of wasted kincash in storage) my dock went back to normal and now i am selling the rest of the pants and can play again. I will never buy more than 500 items.

I am thinking of creating the "stuck dock webkinz foundation" to send storage bins to those in need.

I never thought about using the curio shop to buy storage, I was using my poor account with no money to try to buy it and send it to me, that's a good idea

View Post Originally Posted by Pumpernickel
This happened to me before. I sent an e-mail to Ganz and they fixed it for me.

It took a while, though. You could call them because in the end, the e-mail will tell you to call them if you have a major issue.

You can try clicking "get items from storage" then just waiting for it to load, or going on Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla but I'm pretty sure its an account problem so changing probably won't help.

Good luck!!

-pumpernickel

Yeah, I did the email thing and they said to send them my phone number so they could call me so I did that and I'm waiting for a call.

Firefox is your browser; Vista would be the Operating System -- the CTRL ALT DEL key sequence is to open the Task Manager in a PC running Windows regardless of the browser. If you are running the Mac/Apple PC then it would be slightly different {force quit in menu} but the objective is the same {to get certain programs that aren't critical to running the computer to stop, which sometimes shakes loose the freezing of the flash and all in that account}.

I did that task manager thing and it said I already didn't have like a virus scan or something like that on webkinz (or webkinzinsider)

Last edited by webkinz005; 09-27-2009 at 07:48 AM..
Old 09-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #36
Gifted

Clibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud ofClibab has much to be proud of

I never thought about using the curio shop to buy storage, I was using my poor account with no money to try to buy it and send it to me, that's a good idea
If you are still stuck I will send you some storage if you want it. I have LOTS of it The best deal I could find there was the baseball side table for 100 and some. It holds only 4 items, but is wasn't as expensive as buying those fancy dressers.

Last edited by Clibab; 09-27-2009 at 11:14 AM..
Clibab is offline Female
Old 09-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #37
Halloween(:
Gifted

If you are still stuck I will send you some storage if you want it. I have LOTS of it The best deal I could find there was the baseball side table for 100 and some. It holds only 4 items, but is wasn't as expensive as buying those fancy dressers.

I can't take your storage you might need it
Old 09-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #38
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

I did that task manager thing and it said I already didn't have like a virus scan or something like that on webkinz (or webkinzinsider)
The point is to look in Processes and tell it to stop any programs running that your computer doesn't have to have running to run itself, like anti-virus, messengers, audio/video programs like mediaplayer and so on. Usually if you stop enough processes it will unlock the dock, gives it a little kick or something. Doesn't matter if you have an anti-virus program {although you should} but that it could be one of the programs stopped, temporarily, to help unfreeze the dock.

Actually the cheapest thing to buy is the wicker type one, because it's only a 100 per and it holds 8 items. The main thing is that in selling back only buy so many that can be sold back before logging out and/or so many extra over that, that won't lock the dock open. There is a way to force open the dock but it takes a basic knowledge of the task manager in windows pc and the force quit in mac pc.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 09-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #39
Halloween(:
Gifted

The point is to look in Processes and tell it to stop any programs running that your computer doesn't have to have running to run itself, like anti-virus, messengers, audio/video programs like mediaplayer and so on. Usually if you stop enough processes it will unlock the dock, gives it a little kick or something. Doesn't matter if you have an anti-virus program {although you should} but that it could be one of the programs stopped, temporarily, to help unfreeze the dock.

Actually the cheapest thing to buy is the wicker type one, because it's only a 100 per and it holds 8 items. The main thing is that in selling back only buy so many that can be sold back before logging out and/or so many extra over that, that won't lock the dock open. There is a way to force open the dock but it takes a basic knowledge of the task manager in windows pc and the force quit in mac pc.

What would taking off these processes do to my computer?
Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #40
Webkinz :)

haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

I am in the same boat as you. I have 1500 shoes and my dock is locked. Sooo frustrating. I am trying the turn off some things too but it's hard to know which things are important. Keylargo gave me a list to look at, its on the thread on clothes patterns, where they list great sales.
Closed

Tags
md29 was here♥