Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
Meadowlark

Exclamation Unanswered: Code Shop complaint

Sorry - It's probably not something I should have posted here.

Last edited by Meadowlark; 10-07-2007 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: thought better about sharing this
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
Gift Guru

taygav is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Letter to Howard Ganz

Once midnight rolls around you can get back in there and re enter the codes
Old 10-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Meadowlark

Default Re: Code Shop complaint

View Post Originally Posted by taygav
Once midnight rolls around you can get back in there and re enter the codes
Thanks for letting me know! Tomorrow may well be a happier day thanks to you!

(Rep point to you - thanks!)

Last edited by Meadowlark; 10-07-2007 at 10:26 AM..
Old 10-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #4
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

hello meadowlark, wow..your letter is very well stated..good for you for stating your peace! aww my heart melts for your lil grandaughters though too..bless their hearts!

This has never happened to me but I have read it on other previous threads happening to others..yes it is a safety guard for those who are intently trying to cheat..but it is a shame that it ruins it for those who are legitimate, mistakes happen..I wish there was some way around this or easier solution or compromise to help prevent cheaters but also meet the needs of just "mistakes".

well good luck with your letter and enjoy your weekend with your grandbabys!!
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 10-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

no offense, but maybe u should tone it down. they cannot have a manned person watching to make sure it was an honest mistake. think about it; if you saw someone make error after error after error with no hearing or seeing them, what do u think will happen? it is unfortunate what happened, but next time you should be much more careful. Sorry, but that is my opinion.

-Alcnor
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 10-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
ithout a doubt
Gift Guru

rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!

Unfortunately, Ganz has this code ban process enforced due to hackers trying to break the "codes". It's the honest people who feel the brunt of that decision. The ban has happened to me too due to not seeing the numbers and/or letters on the cards correctly. The good thing is by tommorrow, you'll be able to enter codes again.
rickekinz is offline Female
Old 10-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
Meadowlark

Default Re: Code Shop complaint

View Post Originally Posted by Alcnor
no offense, but maybe u should tone it down. they cannot have a manned person watching to make sure it was an honest mistake. think about it; if you saw someone make error after error after error with no hearing or seeing them, what do u think will happen? it is unfortunate what happened, but next time you should be much more careful. Sorry, but that is my opinion.

-Alcnor
No offense, but did you ever hear the phrase "innocent until proven guilty"?

I did not make "error after error". I think there were a total of four out of 50-60 codes. I didn't realize I had to worry about extreme accuracy. When I made an error the message just said no such code existed. I was never warned that I would be banned if another error was made. That would have been fair. What happened was not.

View Post Originally Posted by mom2hnemi
hello meadowlark, wow..your letter is very well stated..good for you for stating your peace! aww my heart melts for your lil grandaughters though too..bless their hearts!

This has never happened to me but I have read it on other previous threads happening to others..yes it is a safety guard for those who are intently trying to cheat..but it is a shame that it ruins it for those who are legitimate, mistakes happen..I wish there was some way around this or easier solution or compromise to help prevent cheaters but also meet the needs of just "mistakes".

well good luck with your letter and enjoy your weekend with your grandbabys!!
Thanks for your support! I would think that it should be possible to tell the difference between a person who enters numerous legitimate codes before and after an error and a person who enters either educated guesses or random combinations of letters and numbers in an attempt to cheat. Doesn't it make sense that the cheater would have many more errors than "lucky guesses"?

Last edited by Meadowlark; 10-07-2007 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed