Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
wolfyclub
Webkinz :)

Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

Question Unanswered: Is a closed thread something to be ashamed about?

Hi. Is a closed thread something to be ashamed about? I have a more few questions.

What is it?
What does it mean?
Why does it happen?
Does it effect anything or anyone?

Thanks guys. Please reply and answer my questions.
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

Default Re: Is a closed thread something to be ashamed about?

No, not at all!
Mods and admins close threads for many reasons, they can either be inappropriate, inactive etc.
It happens to us all sooner or later and it does not affect your post count or anyhting else
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

A closed thread is because of inactivity {no recent posts of any kind}, where a post has been merged with another one so original is locked, where it was moved to a more appropriate forum/area and other reasons. It's not really a 'big deal' to have one closed down. Some forums automatically close a thread after a certain amount of time even with current comments. Some forums rarely close a thread unless it's inappropriate or something like that; an example of that is the House threads {pictures of your rooms} unless you make more than one. You won't be able to comment in that thread anymore but if it's something you want to know from someone else the avatars still link to their private mail and their home pages and all that here.

KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 11-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

no not all. Threads will close automatically after 2 weeks due to inactivity.

If a question has been answered, then a staff member will close it
If disagreements start popping up, we may close it for a bit for everyone to cool off, but you will see blue ink on last post in thread alerting you to that.

Sometimes the member will just want it closed (like an avatar/siggy shop) because they are busy with real life and can't keep up with the orders
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Wolfyclub
Hi. Is a closed thread something to be ashamed about?
Gosh, I hope not! I have probably more than 100 of mine that are closed!!!
Justin is offline Male
Old 11-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
Noodles my doxy

noodles102 will become famous soon enough

Wink Re: Is a closed thread something to be ashamed about?

No, a closed thread can mean you posted something against the rules. But that is usually not the case; they close after 2-3 weeks if it is a common thread. If it's something like showing fashion for your webkinz, it usually lasts longer. It's all good!

-Noodles
noodles102 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
Gift Guru

wyatt061 has disabled reputation

LOL, No. A closed thread is nothing to worry about. You aren't in trouble. They have reasons to close them. Nothing happens to your account or anything. They shut it down when a ? is answered or when the thread is not active.
What is it? It is a thread that was closed due to a number of reasons. It just means you can't post on it anymore.
What does it mean? It means you can't post or change it anymore. It bascially ended.
Why does it happen? It happens so there are less things that needs to be looked at by a WI mod or Admin. They check to make sure rules are being followed and help people out and set things up. They are like the bosses.
Does it effect anything or anyone? It doesn't effect anything or anyone. It is not a big deal it happens all the time.

HOPE I HELPED YOU OUT! Anymore questions just ask me.
wyatt061 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
hy am I STILL a

london is just really nicelondon is just really nice

What is it? You jsut can't reply or post again on that thread.
What does it mean? lol look above.
Why does it happen? when there is a lot of fighting, or when an owner tells a mod to because of what cowsforyou said.
Does it effect anything or anyone? not at all. your free to go. lol
london is offline Female
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
heck ya i'm
Gifted

emv123 is the cats pajamas!emv123 is the cats pajamas!emv123 is the cats pajamas!emv123 is the cats pajamas!emv123 is the cats pajamas!emv123 is the cats pajamas!

No not at all!
A thread could be closed for many reasons... fighting, inactiveness, inappropriate content, or just anything against the rules!

Don't worry, it happens to everyone, just learn from your mistakes!

When I first join I got a thread closed because of fighting, I feel SO BAD! I thought I could never be a Gifted member because I had gotten "in trouble"... so I PM'd (some mod/admin) and begged for forgivness wondering if I would ever get the chance to be gifed and they replied saying it was ok and it was nothing to worry about! Also if you click on User CP at the bottom of the page you might find why it was closed in the Mod/Admin Comments! I hope I helped!

~emv123
emv123 is offline Female
Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #10
wolfyclub

Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

Thanks guys. You really helped me!
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Closed