Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
Lil Kinz

Evynglade is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Answered: Click delays in Kinville Academy

The last 4 days I have failed almost every class I take because mouse clicks are delayed or something. For example when weight lifting, the click to drop the wieght or push it back up delays so much it registers as a miss and I eventually fail the class. This was not the case prior to about 4 days ago when I could complete it everyday with no misses. Does anyone else have this issue or know a way to resolve it. I've reported it already in their contact us.

I've also noticed this even in the Track & Field with the jump button. It doensn't pick up my jump click as soon as I press it and then I hit a hurdle. This one again I use to comlete eve day with no mistakes.

Painting works still - well sort of. I don't fail it, but it still takes many clicks to get the paint loaded.
Evynglade is offline Male
Best Answer - Posted by Ranger1985
It could also be your browser.

I used to have this happen to me really often when doing the Strength (weight lifting) class until I switched from IE to Firefox. In fact, I had all kinds of problems with KA using IE (classes not loading properly, "please wait's" that never ended, finishing a class only to get cut off so it came up as a "fail", etc.)

And you're right - it's absolutely annoying! Good luck - I hope you can get it all sorted out!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
ebkinz rocks!
Webkinz :)

Webkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Click delays in Kinville Academy

I am not having the problem on my account. Maybe it's just certain server(s)?
Webkinzguy4life is offline Male
Old 04-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
Diabetes Awareness

iluvlabs is a glorious beacon of lightiluvlabs is a glorious beacon of lightiluvlabs is a glorious beacon of light

How is your computer CPU usage? I've been having a similar problem and it makes my computer run very very loud and the CPU usage tends to stay between 70-95% the entire time. As a result the computer runs slower and hesitates when I click the mouse or keyboard. Which means I've also been failing agility and weight lifting consistently. It's annoying!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
Lil Kinz

CPU usage is about 75-95 the entire time webkinz is running. The other odd thing is that it works fine on 2 other computers in the house. One is 2ghz running XP, CPU around 75 - 90 and it works fine the other is 3ghz running vista 75-90 cpu usage and it works fine. Mine is 4ghz running vista 75-90 cpu and it doesn't work. I'll figure it some time. I work on it every day. But it sure is frustrating.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #5
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

It could also be your browser.

I used to have this happen to me really often when doing the Strength (weight lifting) class until I switched from IE to Firefox. In fact, I had all kinds of problems with KA using IE (classes not loading properly, "please wait's" that never ended, finishing a class only to get cut off so it came up as a "fail", etc.)

And you're right - it's absolutely annoying! Good luck - I hope you can get it all sorted out!

Last edited by Ranger1985; 04-17-2010 at 04:24 AM..
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
Light w/Rainbows
Gifted

karkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicness
karkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

I can't play the strength class at all on my computer. It drops so fast everytime that I loose really quick. I have to use the tutor everytime I take the class. I don't even see it drop, it's that fast. I have no idea why it does this.
karkar99 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

They might be tuning things.

I know they've been asking callers about performance issues, so if you have any definitely call.

I get those please waits w/ Firefox too. (I use 4 browsers, some are better for different activities on ww).

To slow down a computer, try running other things or temporarily turn off a processor (other
threads tell how).
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
Lil Kinz

Thanks for the suggestions!! I switched to FireFox while playing webkinz and everything is much more responsive and works great. No delays in Kinzville academy and even the Star Search works awesome (It used to have a very slow display when the fairy would come up at the end - now it flows smooth and nice). I'll probably mess around with the settings in my IE just because I'm curious that way. But my problem is solved for now though. Thanks again for the help!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #9

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by karkar99
I can't play the strength class at all on my computer. It drops so fast everytime that I loose really quick. I have to use the tutor everytime I take the class. I don't even see it drop, it's that fast. I have no idea why it does this.
Open up a bunch of other stuff to run in the background - movies, video clips from the internet, other WW accounts, etc. This will slow down your computer, so you can do the class. I wouldn't tutor - on level 10 it is not an option, and if you haven't figured out the timing by then, you'll never pass.

View Post Originally Posted by Evynglade
Thanks for the suggestions!! I switched to FireFox while playing webkinz and everything is much more responsive and works great. No delays in Kinzville academy and even the Star Search works awesome (It used to have a very slow display when the fairy would come up at the end - now it flows smooth and nice). I'll probably mess around with the settings in my IE just because I'm curious that way. But my problem is solved for now though. Thanks again for the help!!!
I've switched to Firefox a long time ago, as it runs WW better than IE. Glad to hear you solved your problem. My other suggestion would be to clear your cache, delete cookies, run some cleaners, etc.

Last edited by Ritzcracker; 04-22-2010 at 01:15 AM..
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed