Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

Default Unanswered: Choosing your room placement

Is there any way to choose where the new room goes when you adopt a new pet? I am very particular about where I place new rooms, because a door can sometimes ruin the whole furniture arrangement of a room. I have a new pet to adopt but I am afraid to because I don't want Ganz to put the new room in a bad spot. What to do? ???

Nickelcat
_________
:husky:
Serendipity
Nickelcat is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
gocolts52
Webkinz :)

Twins22 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Choosing your room placement

Yeah, I know what you mean! I sometimes have that problem too, but sadly, I don't think there is a way. I'd just adopt it anyway, and hope for the best.

Sorry I couldn't help!
Twins22 is offline Male
Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

There's no way to get it placed where you want it, but here's a trick that worked for me, for 3 adoptions. I made my WW house very rectangular, except for 3 empty spaces in a row, with purchased rooms on the ends of that row. So when I adopted 3 webbies, the 3 free rooms went right there in the empty spot. I have since had rooms stuck in awkward spots, because I didn't have empty spots like that in my house. I can't guarantee it will work, but it worked for me that time. If you have to spend a ton of KC on rooms to try this, or if it would really mess up your house layout, then I wouldn't try it.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
r-jay is on a distinguished road

Once you adopt your 10th pet then you get to buy your own room and place it where ever you would like, but with the free rooms they place them in the worst spots sometimes, my egyptian room has to many doors because of that, but i'm hoping that some day Ganz will let us move doors. I hope where ever the room is you can decorate it the way you wanted, congratulations on the pet you are going to adopt, which pet is it? Good luck.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
Oddmeister
Gift Guru

Oddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the wait
Oddmeister is worth the wait

Oh, I know what you mean about too many doorways causing problems with decorating My kitchen is like that. It wouldn't keep me from adopting a new pet, though! Good luck!
Oddmeister is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #6

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

I am afraid we are kind of stuck with the first 10 rooms going where ever ganz programing has them go. I waited to change wallpaper in my rooms till I had the first 10 in case I wanted to change them when I could pick my own spots. This worked out good because I have moved the rooms I really like to the bigger ones I purchased and made the origional 10 into bathrooms, kitchens, TV rooms, closets, etc and used the big ones for my favorite and rare themes. It would be nice if we could pick the size and location of all the rooms but for some reason they want to pick the first 10 for us. Maybe this will be a change they make some day.
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

I usually try to leave a space in between two rooms (like this: +__+ ) so that webkinz world will automatically put my new room in between the two - i find usually they try to complete a row by filling in the spaces. Another thing I have done if that doesn't work is just use the room they assign for storage, and then buy the room where I would like for it to go - just because they give you that room for your pet doesn't mean you have to have their bedroom in it!
cocoharry is offline Female
Old 03-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #8
hoa! I'm
Gifted

Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry but you can't do anything about the room thing until you reach 11 or more kinz where you stop getting rooms and you buy them yourself, I know how you feel though I'd say to just deal with it until you reach 11.
Blade is offline Male
Old 03-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

Many a designer has been foiled by Ganz with a misplaced door... what I would like to suggest is that you hold off buying any large inside rooms or using your special wallpapers and flooring until you have adopted your first 10 pets. If I knew, then what I know now as the saying goes. You can always convert the medium size rooms that you got free into game, trophy, walk-in storage etc after you decide that you need larger rooms after all who cares if the garage has four doors. Then after you buy the bigger rooms and move your pets into them, it may not be such a problem. Another suggestion that I would like to make is buy birds or underwater pets for your first 10 adoptions so that you get their rooms free, because these specialty rooms are the large size and will cost you more if you decide to buy them later. By the way, I have over 60 rooms and I still have issues with those blasted doors, so good luck trying to outfox the system. The only consolation is that the doors are always in the same location in the various sized rooms so it helps if you keep this in mind when you decorate also you can block two of the doors but always leave at least two of them open to avoid problems with entering and exiting the rooms.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
Oddmeister
Gift Guru

Oddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the wait
Oddmeister is worth the wait

View Post Originally Posted by Ergoiam
what I would like to suggest is that you hold off buying any large inside rooms or using your special wallpapers and flooring until you have adopted your first 10 pets.
I know that I'm not alone in not spending a great deal of money on Webkinz. In fact, one of the things that I absolutely love about Webkinz is that my kids and I can have fun every day, including decorating some really spiffy rooms, and not spend another dime unless we choose to, until it is time to renew our accounts by adopting another pet. I love that you don't have to be rich to play in WW (or in WI). I probably won't ever have 10 pets or 60 rooms, but even a beginner with a couple of pets wants to be able to place those few rooms in a way that won't interfere with decorating in style! I wish Ganz would add a feature to add the new room by selecting a location on the map just as with a purchased room.
Oddmeister is offline Female
Closed