Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #51
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: CHARMS HAVE LEAD IN THEM!!!!

A store by my house was selling the bracelets and neclaces for $0.10 each because they didn't carry the charms anymore, so I asked this nice lady that I know who works there and she replied, "We do not carry them anymore because some might contain lead"...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #52
ow imma...
Webkinz :)

95cute51 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
NO!! They DID NOT discontinue them for this reason. There was a HUGE recall on toys with lead in them and yes, the Charms contain lead for stability. PEWTER is whatthe charms are made of and they are a LIGHT weight charm so that you can PUT 24 of them on a necklace. If they were made only of lead, they would be too heavy, combined to wear and DEFINITELY out of the safety standards of limitations.
The ONLY way that a person could possibly get lead poisoning from the charms is if they SWALLOWED all 24 of them at once! Holding them in your hand or wearing them, there is such a minimal amount in them that it is negligible. Ganz PULLED them of their OWN FREE WILL!
Here is a toy safety bulletin issued BY Ganz about it
http://www.ganz.com/toy_safety.doc
Here is an email that was sent to a person here:

I received this email from Ganz today. My question is "why did Ganz tell you the charms did not contain lead and my response states there is lead content?" Lead is harmful at any level besides I don't trust the word of Ganz assuring an allowable level of lead.

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting Ganz regarding your concern about Webkinz Charms.

The Consumer Products Safety Commission's proposed rules for lead content in children's jewelry establishes a maximum of 0.06%. Webkinz metal products may contain lead, but in amounts less than 0.06%. Lead is known to be harmful to human health. Avoid swallowing Webkinz metal products. Any ingestion of a Webkinz metal product should be reported to a physician with this information about its lead content.

I hope that this has answered any questions that you may have about our Webkinz Charms.

---------- Dixiecup added 15 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

The symptoms of lead poisoning may include:
  • Irritability
  • Aggressive behavior
  • Low appetite and energy
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Headaches
  • Reduced sensations
  • Loss of previous developmental skills (in young children)
  • Anemia
  • Constipation
  • Abdominal pain and cramping (usually the first sign of a high, toxic dose of lead poison)
  • Very high levels may cause vomiting, staggering gait, muscle weakness, seizures, or coma
I agree with dixie cup. well, it is actually fact soo, of course I agree.
Webkinz Charms are really not as dangerous as they are said to be. Only dangerous to charm eaters. And If some one little ate a charm then they could choke on it so It is probably not safe to give it to someone little, but wait till they are older. This does not have to seem as a big of a problem as everyone is saying it is. I have gotten a zingoz charm but thats it. since I havent been able to find any in stores, I recently bought a Wishing Well charm along with a floral fox in the estore. I personally like buying them from the estore better because I tend to lose things, and I wouldn't really use the charm anyways..l.

Last edited by 95cute51; 12-23-2008 at 09:29 AM..
95cute51 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #53
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by CutiePie_Kelsey
I have a bunch on those charms! I think i'll put them in a plastic bag. That was I can still look at them.
You don't need to put them in a bag... just make sure younger kids or pets don't eat them!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #54
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

LOL this was exactly my point in my earlier post! People freak out over the tiniest thing and that is why they don't make them anymore.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 09:34 AM   #55
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Me2Me2
Just to clarify for you younger ones, IQ is determined by a test and basically says how smart you are. While Dixie Cup did say exactly what it was it still may not be clear to the younger ones. Also lead does have many useful purposes, but eating it isn't one of them :-P All this scare about lead can be exaggerated in the media while it can be harmful, it affects a very small amount of people nowadays because we have laws that prevent harmful amounts of lead in things.
This is so very true. The lead level in the charms considered safe, but Ganz pulled them off the market because of discussions like this. Obviously they were not meant to be played with by very small children who are apt to swallow them, but they are fine to wear.

As for putting the charms in your mouth - you are getting germs and bacteria in far greater amounts than lead. And that might be what is making people sick!

Many of us grew up in the fifties and sixties and we had contact with all sorts of things painted with lead, including our houses! Somehow most of us managed to survive drinking out of the garden hose and chewing on our blocks! We went through high school and college under a far more demanding system and held down jobs, got married, raised children and basically have led "normal" lives! I don't think we were terribly affected by the lead.

When my mother was a child she and her friends used to play with mercury! When a thermometer broke, they'd grab up the stuff and roll it into little balls. She even showed me what she did when a thermometer broke when I was a child. Now mercury is considered so dangerous that many people refuse to eat tuna which might be contaminated with trace amounts.

So you just don't know. Stay tuned...someone somewhere will find out that something we use every day is highly toxic and before we know it, it will be banned too!
Angel Daisy is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #56

I♥Twilight has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
LOL this was exactly my point in my earlier post! People freak out over the tiniest thing and that is why they don't make them anymore.
yes i had a friend freak out when i told her that they might have lead, so she threw her charms away!
I♥Twilight is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #57
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

He may have had wrong info....stores do that sometimes. I never wear/touch mine, I keep them in a drawer because they arem't espescailly pretty.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #58
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

It's not going to kill you.. there is very, very little lead in those things, I highly doubt you will get lead posining from it. Touching or wearing the charms, you cannot get anything from them, but if you are chewing on them or whatever.. then you might get some lead. Just don't put them in your mouth.
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #59
megamu
Gift Guru

megamom is a glorious beacon of lightmegamom is a glorious beacon of lightmegamom is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by jaxcat
I think those are some of the same symptoms of having a husband and children... But I did have those silver fillings in my teeth for quite some time

Hey, yeah...where is the outcry to recall husbands and kids!? Just kidding - I wouldn't want to do that. Just like lead, husbands and children can protect us from some bad things. Lead protects us from radiation and Superman's vision, and families protect us from boredom! Families aren't meant to be eaten either, so don't nibble on those kids no matter how tasty they look in their Christmas pajamas!

Thank again dixiecup, for being reasonable and as informative as always!

Last edited by megamom; 12-23-2008 at 10:01 AM..
Old 12-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #60
My dog likes

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I have to say that I agree with you. As the saying goes, "I rest my case."
Tango is offline Female
Closed

Tags
don't eat charms!, it's not a big deal guys!, its not a big deal!!, no they don't!, take a chill pill, the have lead, theycouldkillyou!, theyonlyhaveabitoflead