Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #41
Do you like cake?
Webkinz :)

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Default Re: CHARMS HAVE LEAD IN THEM!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
You are missing the point I tried to make, here. There is not enough lead in 24 combined charms to create a lead poisoning issue unless you eat 24 of them at once and then the amount is still within the allowable standards. Ganz removed them because they did not want to cause this issue that we are talking about. They have made multiple releases regarding this and the charms are totally safe. Read my previous post again, please.

---------- Dixiecup added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

And like Lopily says, if it hinders IQ I have MORE than 24 charms and I have an IQ of 143...
There is a store near my place that still has charms, but because eople have been told there is lead in them, no one wants to buy them.It was also left to the discretion of the Shop owners if they wished to pull them.
What is "IQ"? I don't know what it is........
rachel21 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #42
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Peachfizz55
Um, hi. I'm a little ounger than most on here but are the charms safe to wear? I have six charms and a bracelet and I love wearing them but I put them in a baggie when I read about the lead. Can I still wear them?
Hayley
P.S I HATE lead!
P.S.S My one friend su.cks on all her metal jewelry. I tell her no to but she always say no! She seems to have syptoms of lead poisoning....
This is a tempest in a teapot. Of course your charms are completely safe to wear, and you don't have to put them in a baggie. Read Dixiecup's post carefully.

Your friend putting her charms in her mouth is causing a lot of damage to the charms, with her saliva attacking the metal, her teeth, etc. She can also get germs that way. It's very unlikely that she should have lead poisoinig. Just because lead can cause irritability, headaches, etc, doesn't mean that all irritability and headaches are due to lead. Lead poisoning is rare.

You should not "hate lead"! Lead is an element, naturally occuring, and has many uses for man. For example, lead protects you from radiation. When you have X-rays at the dentist, you wear a lead apron to protect your body from the X-rays.

Ok, down from soap-box now.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #43
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Intelligence Quotient. It measures your ability to think in different areas like Spatial, lateral thinking, mathematical, reasoning and comprehension as well as retention.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 AM   #44
Peachfuzz44

Peachfizz55 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Webberlilly!
Peachfizz55 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #45
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Just to add something else about the lead. I posted earlier that my kids have the Thomas the Tank Engine wooden railway stuff... tons of it... and tons were recalled for lead in the paint... had their doctor do a lead test...

Well i was told by the doctor that the only way that that would really have affected them is if they were eating or chewing the items and ingesting the paint.... So... Just don't EAT your charms.
I was told that handling and playing were ok , but I do have a little tiny boy that everything goes in his mouth. So that is why I had them tested.
Learning Curve did replace the items, free of charge, and gave us some extras.

But again, wearing the charms are not going to harm you. Just don't start eating them

If you have questions about lead in something and the risks is poses... Ask your doctor what is safe for you to do.. If you are unsure whether wearing something is harmful, call your doctor and ask
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #46
Good grief! I'm a
Gift Guru

beaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbeaglies2 radiates beauty and kindness all around

I buy my charms through Webkinz e-Store. I don't need the charms and I think it's safer for children.
beaglies2 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #47
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Just because lead can cause irritability, headaches, etc, doesn't mean that all irritability and headaches are due to lead.
I think those are some of the same symptoms of having a husband and children... But I did have those silver fillings in my teeth for quite some time
jaxcat is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #48
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

I have a bunch on those charms! I think i'll put them in a plastic bag. That was I can still look at them.
CutiePie_Kelsey is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #49
King Hoopla

Well, the point is, charms barely have any lead in them at all. They are not going to poison you! Just don't give any young kids charms and don't eat them. We don't need to make a big deal out of this.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #50
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

Just to clarify for you younger ones, IQ is determined by a test and basically says how smart you are. While Dixie Cup did say exactly what it was it still may not be clear to the younger ones. Also lead does have many useful purposes, but eating it isn't one of them :-P All this scare about lead can be exaggerated in the media while it can be harmful, it affects a very small amount of people nowadays because we have laws that prevent harmful amounts of lead in things.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
don't eat charms!, it's not a big deal guys!, its not a big deal!!, no they don't!, take a chill pill, the have lead, theycouldkillyou!, theyonlyhaveabitoflead