Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #21
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: CHARMS HAVE LEAD IN THEM!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
As far as I know, yes.

After reading Kelly's post, I want to clarify something I said... I wasn't talking about just any toys. I definately think there should be the highest standards for safty for toddler toys. I was trying to say, if your kid isn't mature enough to keep things out of their mouths, they shouldn't have something small enough to choke on, so it shouldn't be an issue.

i agree,if its not supposed to be su.cked on like a soother and these kids su.ck on them why do there parents buy it for them?
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #22
ow- it has changed h

craftygal3000 is a jewel in the roughcraftygal3000 is a jewel in the rough

You ARE allowed to wear them. Just don't lick them or chew them. xD And, after you wear them, wash your hands throughly. Glad to help!
~ craftygal3000
craftygal3000 is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #23
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by meghan487
I feel silly asking this but I forget what lead is. What is lead?
i believe its a poison that can make you sick
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #24
leaster7748 is a...

PikaBlu is on a distinguished road

It's a good thing i never bought the charms for me or for anyone, one of my friends puts her charm necklace in her mouth.

So, they stopped selling them because people were complaining about the lead?
PikaBlu is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #25

soccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant future

That's horrible,. I thought alll the charms were safe but I guess I can't even trust Ganz
soccertrader is offline Male
Old 12-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #26
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

NO!! They DID NOT discontinue them for this reason. There was a HUGE recall on toys with lead in them and yes, the Charms contain lead for stability. PEWTER is whatthe charms are made of and they are a LIGHT weight charm so that you can PUT 24 of them on a necklace. If they were made only of lead, they would be too heavy, combined to wear and DEFINITELY out of the safety standards of limitations.
The ONLY way that a person could possibly get lead poisoning from the charms is if they SWALLOWED all 24 of them at once! Holding them in your hand or wearing them, there is such a minimal amount in them that it is negligible. Ganz PULLED them of their OWN FREE WILL!
Here is a toy safety bulletin issued BY Ganz about it
http://www.ganz.com/toy_safety.doc
Here is an email that was sent to a person here:

I received this email from Ganz today. My question is "why did Ganz tell you the charms did not contain lead and my response states there is lead content?" Lead is harmful at any level besides I don't trust the word of Ganz assuring an allowable level of lead.

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting Ganz regarding your concern about Webkinz Charms.

The Consumer Products Safety Commission's proposed rules for lead content in children's jewelry establishes a maximum of 0.06%. Webkinz metal products may contain lead, but in amounts less than 0.06%. Lead is known to be harmful to human health. Avoid swallowing Webkinz metal products. Any ingestion of a Webkinz metal product should be reported to a physician with this information about its lead content.

I hope that this has answered any questions that you may have about our Webkinz Charms.

---------- Dixiecup added 15 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by emily44
Oh eww. i su.ck on my charms alot, so maybe that explains why i got sick... good thing they discountinued them!
The symptoms of lead poisoning may include:
  • Irritability
  • Aggressive behavior
  • Low appetite and energy
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Headaches
  • Reduced sensations
  • Loss of previous developmental skills (in young children)
  • Anemia
  • Constipation
  • Abdominal pain and cramping (usually the first sign of a high, toxic dose of lead poison)
  • Very high levels may cause vomiting, staggering gait, muscle weakness, seizures, or coma

Last edited by Dixiecup; 12-22-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #27
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Tango
Remember that not everything on the internet is true.
I think that it's okay, just be a little cautious, but they probably discontinued it to be on the safe side, just in case so they wouldn't be sued. Some people sue for the smallest of reasons, so Ganz was just trying to be safe so that their webkinz could go on.
No but we CAN believe what the REsellers of these items for Ganz were told -- they charms were pulled by a govt agency because they DO contain lead AND too much of it -- and even the new version{s} of these charms are being held overseas because the govt has not determined if these are any safer {even though they went without pewter or whatever it was that had the lead in it, this time}.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #28
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

Mhm!I knew that but thanks for the reminder, Alot of people have asked this but, do the necklaces/bracelets have it in them?Thanks ProfileMessage me please if you find the answer!
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #29
King Hoopla

You're not going to get sick from lead poisoning just by holding charms. You would have to swallow at least 10 of them to get even remotely sick.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #30
princess987654321

chinchilla83 will become famous soon enough

thanx for the info!! I don't even buy anything from ganz besides the webkinz though...
chinchilla83 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
don't eat charms!, it's not a big deal guys!, its not a big deal!!, no they don't!, take a chill pill, the have lead, theycouldkillyou!, theyonlyhaveabitoflead